What causes subclinical hypothyroidism?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions What causes subclinical hypothyroidism?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Thomas 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Angor
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 136

I have a problem with my thyroid and got diagnosed subclinical hypothyroidism. Though, I have a really hard time accepting my diagnose since it feels so weird. I mean. What causes it? And what can I do about it?

I started medicating with the standard medecine prescriped by doctors, called Levaxin, in sweden. To my surprise it made me loose twice as much hair as before, I got extremely tired, apathetical and constipated. The doctors don’t know why and neither do I.

Do anyone have information about hypothyroidism. What should I do?

Thank you!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Radiation and fluoride can both potentially cause thyroid problems. There are lot of of other factors such as vitamin deficiencies, etc. I would consider supplementing yourself in iodine as an alternative to medication.

Did you get any thyroid testing done?

-raster

Angor
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 136

raster;30026 wrote: Radiation and fluoride can both potentially cause thyroid problems. There are lot of of other factors such as vitamin deficiencies, etc. I would consider supplementing yourself in iodine as an alternative to medication.

Did you get any thyroid testing done?

-raster

Hi, raster. Thank you for replying so quickly. Yes, I got my thyroid tested. I had a high TSH, too low T3 and somewhat off T4. My mother and my grandmother has hypo too. Could it be genetical? I tried iodine for some time but don’t really noticed any difference. Still tired, still loosing hair. So there could be a vitamin deficiency that’s causing my thyroid to act strange? Ahh, I feel so helpless, and I don’t understand this thyroid business at all.

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Angor;30018 wrote: I have a problem with my thyroid and got diagnosed subclinical hypothyroidism. Though, I have a really hard time accepting my diagnose since it feels so weird. I mean. What causes it? And what can I do about it?

I started medicating with the standard medecine prescriped by doctors, called Levaxin, in sweden. To my surprise it made me loose twice as much hair as before, I got extremely tired, apathetical and constipated. The doctors don’t know why and neither do I.

Do anyone have information about hypothyroidism. What should I do?

Thank you!

Hi there,
    I checked the swedish fass.se and didnt see any kind of biverkningar like you wrote about.
    It acctually states that there are no if not taken too much and then there is anexity and nervousness etc. But not what you descripe.

http://www.fass.se/LIF/produktfakta/artikel_produkt.jsp?NplID=20000407000102&DocTypeID=7&UserTypeID=2

But maybe the dose is still to low which you get and therefore you are tired and loose hair. Maybe that is picking up when you get in balance again. The medicin doesnt sound too bad to me.

cheers
    Thomas

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘What causes subclinical hypothyroidism?’ is closed to new replies.