What are the best ways to know you have a yeast problem?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions What are the best ways to know you have a yeast problem?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Rabelais 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

allstars8
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 8

I think i may have a yeast issue, but i am not 100 percent sure. What are the best ways to know for sure? I don’t want to go on the diet and take supplements only to find out this is not the problem. Thoughts?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I recommend consulting a naturopathic doctor who can help you determine the best test to take, who can then analyze the results. These are the tests I recommend most:

http://www.candidaplan.com/store/Candida-Testing/

Dvjorge recommends the immune complex test:
    http://www.gdx.net/product/10113

-raster

allstars8

I did already have some stool testing, and it came back with a little yeast overgrowth. Would you say this is enough to make a yeast diagnosis?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Its kind of up to you on how far you want to take it…dr. mcoombs recommends a combination of 3 tests and whether or not you have used prior antibiotics.

-raster

allstars8

It is kind of strange how no other tests can find anything wrong, but i have “mysterious” symptoms as it were. Do you agree with completely cutting sugar out of the diet? I find it really hard between meals when i get hungry

Floggi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425

Completely cutting sugars won’t harm you, even if it may not be necessary in all cases. But as no harm is done, you could try it.

Between meals, I usually take some yogurt. The natural one, of course, without added sugar. I understand such yogurt may be hard to find in the USA; over here, it is available in any random supermarket.

I’ve also used Hafervoll flapjacks between meals. They are delicious, but they do contain a lot of calories, so be careful if you have a weight problem.

allstars8

I really miss my coffee which i do take sugar in and creamer. It is so hard to avoid

Rabelais
    Blocked
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 268

I found an easy way to reduce the amount of sugar in my coffee. I’ve reduced sugar to zero (yes, zero!) without experiencing any difference in taste! Of course, now that I’m drinking my coffee without sugar, if I do add even a tiny amount of sugar to my coffee, it tastes horrible.

My method developed from an experiment I did on myself when I was about 18 years old. I didn’t even want to reduce the amount of sugar in my coffee. Instead, I was just curious so I experimented with the amount of sugar in my coffee, and the end effect was that I now drink coffee without sugar.

So let me describe what I did. Maybe you can do the same.

Originally, I took two teaspoons of sugar in a (rather small) cup of coffee. I needed that. Well, I thought I needed that.

So I wondered if I would really taste the difference if I would only put one and three quarters of a teaspoon of sugar into my coffee. I tried it, and I didn’t notice any difference. So I put one and three quarters of a teaspoon of sugar into my coffee from then on.

After about two weeks, I started wondering if I could repeat this reduction once more. So I started putting and and a half teaspoon of sugar into my coffee. Again, I did not taste any difference.

Two weeks later, I went on to the next step: one and a quarter teaspoon of sugar. Again, no difference in tast.

Another two weeks later, I went back to only one teaspoon of sugar. And then to three quarters of a teaspoon.

By now, I decided to go all the way down to zero. But reducing from three quarters of a teaspoon to half a teaspoon seemed too large a step. After all, percentage-wise that would be a reduction by 33%. So I went back from three quarters of a teaspoon to “a half and a tiny bit”. I used that amount of sugar for two weeks again.

The next step was going back to half a teaspoon. Two weeks of coffee with this small amount of sugar. Then “a half minus a bit”. Two weeks again. Then a quarter of a teaspoon. Two weeks again. Then “just a tiny little bit” of sugar. Two weeks again.

And then I took the final step: coffee without any sugar. This time there was a difference in taste compared to coffee with “just a tiny little bit” of sugar, but the difference was almost unnoticeable.

This is how I reduced my sugar consumption from quite a lot to absolutely zero (well, in my coffee, that is). It took several months. But then, I had no reason to go the fast lane. And I had been using sugar for many years, so who cares whether this stops immediately, or after a week, or after a few months, as in my case?

The good thing is: I never experienced and difference in taste! Only in the last step, but that tast difference was only marginal. I may have been able to reduce that taste difference to zero too by introducing one more intermediate step, but that wasn’t worth the effort.

I suggest you try this method too. It takes a while, but who cares?

If you decide to follow my example, please share your experiences. I’m curious whether this method works only with me because I’m some kind of an exception, or whether the method can be applied by anyone who has enough patience.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What are the best ways to know you have a yeast problem?’ is closed to new replies.