What am I doing wrong?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions What am I doing wrong?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jo*Jo 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

nigol
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 8

Ive started trying the candida cleanse two weeks ago without following a specific plan since I just heard about this forum I thought i should come ask here. This is what ive been taking and tell me if i should do something different:

3 times a day before meals:

– a product thats supposed to take care of yeast, contains Pau D’arco, golden seal, oregon grape, calendula, zince, biotin

– milk thistle

– digestive enzyme containing Marshmallow,Fennel, Ginger, Gentian, Peppermint

2 times a day before meals:

– grape seed extract

– pomegranate juice?

1 time a day

– magnesium (300mg) in the morning

– probiotic (50 million) before sleep (Lactobacillus acidophilus La-14, Bifidobacterium lactis (HOWARU bifido HN019), Bifidobacterium lactis Bl-04)

– metamucile after dinner

Its worth noting that at the start i used to take aloe vera juice 30 minutes before meals which i stopped because I felt it was useless after a week trying.

My reaction to these wasnt clear, on the offset I did experience weird kicking right in the area below my chest at night when i was sleeping. At some point it culminated into a one big punch that I thought ruptured a rip cage or organ, thats what it felt like anyway I thought for sure I was kinda end up in a hospital but needless to say it didnt happen again after that and I was okay. What did happen though a week later my stomache or my intestines felt a pulsating inner pain like something radioactive was going on beyond my control. The pain wasnt so much for me to complain about and sleeping did help. Of course with these capsules, Im always feeling weary, very mild headaches, sleepy, tired, occasional diarrhea but that last one is unknown if result from this treatment or just my IBS acting up.

I would like to know what im doing wrong and how to do this properly. My main goal is ending flatulence and having normal stools/bowl movements. I did read the supplements thread here but i have to work with whats available here some products cant be easily obtained. If Milk thistle isnt good enough, there is an alternative product i saw that combines it with Turmeric and dandolin root, bupleurom, dan shen.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I think it comes down to the supplements you are taking and your diet. Please list your diet if possible.

The antifungal product you are using is not recommended; oregon grape is a berberine which destroys both the beneficial and bad bacteria in the gut like an antibiotic. Golden seal and Pau d’arco are both weak antifungals. I would try out SF722 undecenoic acid by thorne and black walnut/chamae rose extract as an alternative. Garlic is also one I use regularly.

You don’t need the grapefruit seed extract if you are taking a seperate antifungal product, antifungals won’t cure the infestation.

If you want to end flatulence, I would check out trying HCL (hydro-chloric acid). You are likely deficient in HCL which kills pathogens, bacteria, and candida in the gut.
    Check out this post:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst6027_Hydro-chloric-Acid-and-Health–written-by-Dr–McCoombs.aspx

If you are deficient in HCL, food is fermenting in the gut and thus the flatulence.

Do you have other symptoms?
    I would examine other digestive enzymes as well. I take one called pro-gest which I think is the best on the market.

Milk thistle protects and heals the liver and has nothing to do with candida. It is very important because the die-off damages your liver and kidneys which you want to prevent.

-raster

nigol

You mean recent symptoms? I normally ever since ever have had stomach noises, very loud ones at times and its mainly the continuous flatulence part that is driving me nuts. There is a rollercoaster ride in my intestines everytime especially after meals where gas escapes uncontrollably and gives a slight burning sensation down there. Also recently but before trying the candida thing, i had and probably still have anal fissure or something similar. And my stools are not consistent, but usually the are the broken pieces and no complete evacuation as I still feel there is more inside me.

The thorne and black walnut/chome rose I dont think i can find right now, and I think there are laws here that prevent me from ordering stuff like that online but not sure will have to ask. If garlic is good alternatives I can just use that in the meantime, but how could it be better than the one Im already taking? Its just garlic? The HCL is in some other digestive enzymes here, I could try them as well.

I havent followed a candida diet yet, just gluten free and thats about it. My normal meals mostly consist of oatmeal, toast sometimes yeast free sometimes not, cheese, turkey, sausages, chicken, pasta, rice, beans, spinach, fennel, etc I dont make the food so i cant really say whats in them or whats used. Fruits, mainly bananas, apples, blueberries, strawberries, grapes, cherries. I havent eaten eggs in a long while and mainly use rice milk. Also I recently stopped yogurt much to my dismay. And I use honey as a sweetener like for tea, I know its not good but cant be too bad.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You are not doing an anti-candida diet like you said, and so you shouldn’t expect much of a change in your symptoms in my opinion. Gluten free is not good enough if you really want to do some serious healing.

I would try out increasing the amount of HCL you consume because the enzymes does not contain enough to make much of an impact.

SF722 undecenoic acid should be widely available online for purchase, I would try out google shopping, amazon.com, etc. It won’t be available at any health stores. I would read up on its effectiveness, there should be many reviews.

We are here to help if/when you want to try out the diet.

-raster

nigol

the only candida diet i know is this one: http://www.candidaplan.com/new/the_plan/yesnofoods.php

since i will be taking anti-biotics soon for an unrelated matter i probably should wait before i start anything. If I follow this diet, when should I expect to feel the change? Im trying to cure IBS, and im taking a hunch here by making candida a suspect.

nigol

ive just checked this site’s anti-fungal suggestions, and pau d arco and golden seal as well as organ grapes are included in the list. Granted, there is a forum post in sticky that only suggests three of them like the one by thorn mentioned here, but that leaves me with a lot of choices and i dont know what to choose? I ask because some of them are easily avaliable and others arent so much. If im gonna do this with a strict diet I will need to get it right the first time because im not really willing to keep at it. IBS might take away my chances of being normal but i wont let it prevent me from eating food no one else has a problem with.

im guessing im supposed to follow this protocol: http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

Jo*Jo
    Topics: 64
    Replies: 242

raster;32100 wrote:
    The antifungal product you are using is not recommended; oregon grape is a berberine which destroys both the beneficial and bad bacteria in the gut like an antibiotic. Golden seal and Pau d’arco are both weak antifungals. I would try out SF722 undecenoic acid by thorne and black walnut/chamae rose extract as an alternative. Garlic is also one I use regularly.

You don’t need the grapefruit seed extract if you are taking a seperate antifungal product, antifungals won’t cure the infestation.

Raster, can I just check the last sentance with you? I take SFS722 all the time and rotate Grapefruit Seed Extract with other antifungals. Do you mean that i dont need to take the GSE if i take SF722?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What am I doing wrong?’ is closed to new replies.