What about Histamine?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions What about Histamine?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #69041

    Thomas
    Member
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

    Hi Able,
    I wonder how Histamine and a overproduction of Histamine in the body could be, or is not connected to Candida? I am really in a ditch right now because I am loosing hope.
    I feel terrible again without a reason, and things are not looking better. The strength of my stomach problems is back with full strength. The running ants under the skin and the joint pains. The skin around the anus which was healing so fine is exploding with irritation and I feel poisoned all over again. Cold and hot sweating etc. As you said and its true I am not cheating on the died so I real confused. Should I feel better?

    Now, why do I ask about histamine. When my problems started 30 years ago I went to a German doctor while living in Germany and they checked me out and told me that my body produces too much histamine. I asked if that is bad and they said no, I should take antihistamines. They didn’t work and made me sleepy. So I stopped with them.
    The reactions of my body are the same as a histamine reaction and so I asked the Swedish medic if he could check the level of histamine. He told me that its impossible to test. About candida he was only lifting an eyebrow and didn’t answer me at all ignoring the question.

    So I feel quite lost in my quest to get out of that dam body into health. For over a year I tried with a food list to figure out what I am allergic too, failed. I tried only to eat meat to avoid carbohydrate food, failed big time. I tried raw food and fruit diet and no meat, failed. I gave a shit about everything taking it easy and testing if its in my head. Thinking that I should not be so obsessed with me, myself and my body. No, it didn’t work at all. I tried to eat antihistamine and other medicine I got my hands on and no no nothing worked. Now, I am battling it with the candida diet and I was very hopeful that it is what I thought must be it. It makes the most sense to me but then I am in a ditch of hopelessness thinking maybe its some autoimmune sickness, genetic fuck up where my body produces too much histamin only to mess with me. Missing DAO to break down the histamin in my body etc.
    One thing I noticed is that I never really could handle red wine without feeling terrible. A heavy headache would hit me directly.

    Well enough about my crying!
    Sorry about that!
    yours
    Thomas

    #69048

    Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

    Hello, Thomas.

    Below is some information on histamine and antihistamines.
    This is the research conducted in 2005 by the School of Dentistry at the University of Pennsylvania.

    Four different antihistamine compounds were tested in order to determine if they possessed antimicrobial activity, in other words if they were able to kill or inhibit the growth of bacteria, fungi, or protozoan. The exact organisms tested were Escherichia coli, Streptococcus, and Candida albicans.
    All four compounds that were tested showed antimicrobial activity against all three microorganisms studied, including Candida.

    Thomas, this tells me that an antihistamine is probably just another antifungal, which means that it would destroy the Candida about the same as any strong antifungal but does not change the environment of the intestines bringing about an actual cure. The research also leads me to assume that Candida do not produce antihistamines when you consider that they act in an antimicrobial manner.
    Histamine production in the body causes runny eyes and a stuffy nose and possibly hives in reaction to cold. Have you experienced these symptoms?
    If you believe that too much histamine is your problem, a few good natural antihistamines that work for a lot of people are vitamin C and grape seed extract. Hopefully these would not cause the antihistamine reactions such as sleeping.

    Candida albicans actually causes the production of histamine in your body, this in turn triggers the production of PGE2 (prostaglandin E2). The overproduction of PGE2 causes more inflammation and pain in the body. Then to further complicate the situation, the PGE2 inhibits the appropriate immune response to the Candida, which renders the immune system practically incapable of curing the infestation. This is where the treatment protocol steps in and takes over the curing process. But as you’re seeing, it’s a very slow process with many ups and downs before a cure is reached.

    ** PGE2 is member of the family of lipid compounds, a derivative of fatty acids. Fish oil can inhibit the production of PGE2.

    Man, after reading over all of this I’m sure it seems a little confusing at first glance; I hope it helps you understand what’s going on a bit at least.

    Able

    #69049

    Thomas
    Member
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

    Able900 wrote: Hello, Thomas.

    Below is some information on histamine and antihistamines.
    This is the research conducted in 2005 by the School of Dentistry at the University of Pennsylvania.

    Four different antihistamine compounds were tested in order to determine if they possessed antimicrobial activity, in other words if they were able to kill or inhibit the growth of bacteria, fungi, or protozoan. The exact organisms tested were Escherichia coli, Streptococcus, and Candida albicans.
    All four compounds that were tested showed antimicrobial activity against all three microorganisms studied, including Candida.

    Thomas, this tells me that an antihistamine is probably just another antifungal, which means that it would destroy the Candida about the same as any strong antifungal but does not change the environment of the intestines bringing about an actual cure. The research also leads me to assume that Candida do not produce antihistamines when you consider that they act in an antimicrobial manner.
    Histamine production in the body causes runny eyes and a stuffy nose and possibly hives in reaction to cold. Have you experienced these symptoms?
    If you believe that too much histamine is your problem, a few good natural antihistamines that work for a lot of people are vitamin C and grape seed extract. Hopefully these would not cause the antihistamine reactions such as sleeping.

    Candida albicans actually causes the production of histamine in your body, this in turn triggers the production of PGE2 (prostaglandin E2). The overproduction of PGE2 causes more inflammation and pain in the body. Then to further complicate the situation, the PGE2 inhibits the appropriate immune response to the Candida, which renders the immune system practically incapable of curing the infestation. This is where the treatment protocol steps in and takes over the curing process. But as you’re seeing, it’s a very slow process with many ups and downs before a cure is reached.

    ** PGE2 is member of the family of lipid compounds, a derivative of fatty acids. Fish oil can inhibit the production of PGE2.

    Man, after reading over all of this I’m sure it seems a little confusing at first glance; I hope it helps you understand what’s going on a bit at least.

    Able

    I think I understand. A Histamine reaction can cause all of terrible things even a blood pressure fall that a person dies on the spot. Like in chock allergies. Yes, I have all the symptoms, but the same symptoms are in amalgam poisoning or candia toxins. The trouble with the antishistamins is that they often have a lot of bullshit like sugar and milk in them. The natural antihistamins you where talking about I use and trust. No I don’t get tired from them. I actually had the feeling that I feel better in my stomach after I took my grapefruitseed extract.

    I will throw some more vitamin C into myself now and drink a little GFSE!
    yours
    Thomas

    #69050

    Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

    Thomas wrote: I actually had the feeling that I feel better in my stomach after I took my grapefruit seed extract.

    Thomas, if you look at my post again, you’ll see I typed “grape seed extract” and not grapefruit seed extract. So we’re basically talking about the difference between grapes and grapefruits, as you see, quite a difference.

    Able

    #69055

    Thomas
    Member
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

    Able900 wrote:

    I actually had the feeling that I feel better in my stomach after I took my grapefruit seed extract.

    Thomas, if you look at my post again, you’ll see I typed “grape seed extract” and not grapefruit seed extract. So we’re basically talking about the difference between grapes and grapefruits, as you see, quite a difference.

    Able

    Hmm, you are right. Do you think I got a placebo effect now. I took 25 dropps of GFSE and have the feeling that its calming the stomach trouble. Strange?!

    Anyhow, what are Grape seed extract? What do they do with candida?
    I am using Grapefruit seed extract. Was this not the right antifungual? I finished the bottle now and have to find another one.

    thanks
    Thomas

    #69056

    Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

    Thomas wrote: Do you think I got a placebo effect now.

    Reply: Maybe you did, Thomas, and if it’s a placebo effect, who cares as long as it worked, right?

    Quote: Anyhow, what are Grape seed extract? What do they do with candida?

    Reply: Grape seed extract is exactly what it sounds like; a derivative of whole grape seeds. They contain a concentration of vitamin E, linoleic acid, flavonoid, and condensed tannins (powerful antioxidants), all of which are excellent for the human body. In research studies, grape seed extract has shown to inhibit the growth of Candida albicans cells, but this isn’t the reason I suggested it to you, but more importantly at this time it should help with the histamine problem as it is a natural antihistamine. My quote in the post about it was, “If you believe that too much histamine is your problem, a few good natural antihistamines that work for a lot of people are vitamin C and grape seed extract. Hopefully these would not cause the antihistamine reactions such as sleeping.”

    Quote: I am using Grapefruit seed extract. Was this not the right antifungal?

    Reply: Yes, GSE is an excellent antifungal, much better than grape seed extract for this purpose, but grape seed is a better antihistamine.

    Quote: I finished the bottle now and have to find another one.

    Reply: Thomas, I would give the GSE a break for at least a week. If you can get garlic gel caps containing allicin, this would be a great stand in for the GSE while you take a break from it. You can take up to 4 pills a day of the garlic, after meals or a good snack.

    Able

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What about Histamine?’ is closed to new replies.