Well researched article condemning vitamin supplementation

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Well researched article condemning vitamin supplementation

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ChinUp 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Cheesey
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

You all might be interested in this article:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2013/jun/07/vitamins-stop-taking-the-pills

I am seriously considering quitting the vitamin C after reading this. I’m at least going to be doing extensive research on google scholar.

Cheesey
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

A very brief google scholar search brings up plenty of evidence that is contradictory to that article.

Gonna go sob softly into my vitamin bottles.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

One of the things that the health companies don’t want is for people to not take vitamins but instead take drugs to treat their problems. I think this may be apart of the reason they wrote up this article.

However, I also feel that you should only take vitamins if you are dead certain you are deficient in certain ones. For instance, we have little vitamin C on the diet so its a good one to have. We also might not get enough essential fatty acids as well.

I had a post last week where I talked about how I supplemented myself with calcium, magnesium, and zinc for the last 2 years or so daily. I was taking 100% DV. Anyways, I developed some heart problems a few weeks ago and its because my calcium levels were too high.

Certain vitamins like calcium have drawbacks, especially for men. I would only stick with ones that are safe. Biotin, vitamin C, and vitamin K have no drawbacks if you supplement with them.

Vitamin C also could be made from GMO corn so be sure to research your vitamin C supplement because it could pose problems.

-raster

ChinUp
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 24

Calcium seemed to cause problems for me as well, but I still take Zinc and magnesium. I think I get plenty of calcium from yoghurt and kefir.

As I get better, I am trying to supplement less and less.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Well researched article condemning vitamin supplementation’ is closed to new replies.