Well… hello from another newbie :)

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Well… hello from another newbie :)

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Spooked 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Spooked
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 5

Hi everyone,

I’m a 25 year old female from the UK who has been dealing with what I now believe to be Candida symptoms for at least 4 years.

I have to say, it’s such a relief to find this place where there are so many supportive people who I can relate to. It’s nice to know that I’m not alone.

Similar to other people’s experiences I’m sure, Doctors have failed to provide me with any sort of answers or even clues as to what’s causing my symptoms. I have been told several times that my general fatigue is down to a ‘virus’ and all blood tests bar one have come back normal. (I had low ferritin levels and am now on an Iron supplement.) Each time a test came back normal was like a punch in the face to me, I kept feeling like nobody believed how ill I felt, and was sure they thought I was making it up.

Taking a look at my circumstances and diet, I realise that I’ve not been doing myself any favours in recent years. I plan to do the candida diet, but at the moment I’m easing myself into it rather than jumping straight in. This last week I’ve cut right down on sugar,though I’ve not completely given it up yet – I will soon. The only sugars I currently consume are from a few raisons and dates. I am eating only wholemeal/grain carbs at the moment. I realise this is not the ideal diet, but I am working my way there.

I know that I have a lot to learn about fighting this, but I am in it for the long haul.

Well, sorry for the long post, but I wanted to share a little bit about myself.

I hope every one has had a good weekend.

🙂

Spooked x

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Well… hello from another newbie :)’ is closed to new replies.