Weightloss

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  orka1998 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Catty
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 0

Hi all,

I have been on Stage 2 for 3 weeks now and have lost nearly 9 pounds at the steady rate of about 3 pounds a week. Until now it hasn’t been such a big deal, but if I keep losing weight at this rate I won’t be around to see out the diet. My naturopath has recommended I stay on Stage 2 for 6 weeks, which makes it difficult to curb the weight loss. I’m trying to have eggs for breakfast most days (although the sight of them is starting to make me sick) and am having fish about twice a week, chicken twice a week, red meat twice a week and a vegetarian meal once, although I think I will replace this with chicken.

Can anyone suggest any other ways to slow the rate of weight loss?

My other concern is that it is not sustainable loss and there will eventually come a time when it all just piles back on again quickly, which surely can’t be healthy either!

Thanks!

Naturegirl27
    Topics: 40
    Replies: 36

I would suggest to eat much more avocado. I am on day 23 and have been eating guacamole at some point in the day every single day. I have only lost about 2 to 3 pounds total. (I am actually hoping I lose a little more…) Try that and see if it works for you.

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

I lost too much weight before starting this diet so now I am fighting for every pound/kilo.

Try baking coconut flour bread (check out index of posts or recipe section) as this contains a lot of good calories (please limit to three slices per day). Unfortunately, I am sensitive to it but while I ate it it stopped my weight loss. Alternatively you could try either teff (tef) or oat bran/buckwheat bread if you tested each and have no sensitivity to either. Let me know if you are having trouble finding recipes. You can add oat bran for breakfast (I am also getting sick of eggs as well, this is a nice change). Cook it in water with salt and either olive or coconut oil or butter/ghee (whatever you are using). It tastes same as oatmeal but cooks a little longer. Since I don’t have much time in the morning, I soak oat bran evening before so it cooks faster in the morning (like 5 minutes or so).

I’m afraid that adding more meat protein may not let you keep the weight (I tried) but just give you more gas and ammonia which candida likes. I also noticed that if I combine veggies with too much fiber, I loose weight more, so just be aware of high fiber veggies and don’t combine too many in a one meal or day (broccoli, lettuce, cabbage, cauliflower etc.).

Hope this helps!

Arijana

NadjaB
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 60

Try to eat more. Bigger portions ect. and more healthy fat.
    Try to type all your food in a foodlog site så you can see how many calories you are getting and how many you need.

I haven’t lost a kg yet and I’m at day 16.. I guess that I just eat alot 😛

nikki
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 136

orka1998 wrote:

I’m afraid that adding more meat protein may not let you keep the weight (I tried) but just give you more gas and ammonia which candida likes. I also noticed that if I combine veggies with too much fiber, I loose weight more, so just be aware of high fiber veggies and don’t combine too many in a one meal or day (broccoli, lettuce, cabbage, cauliflower etc.).

Hope this helps!

Arijana

Even, I am loosing a lot weight, which I dont want to. I started to eat a lot of chicken. IS this going to help cnadida as per the above post?????

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would try to eat 3-4 course meals and add more snacks if possible. Research other sides you can eat such as oat bran, coconut/teff/buckwheat bread, kefir, greek yogurt, millet, quinoa, buckwheat, salads, pumpkin pie muffin bread, etc. Teff has great weight gain properties and is somewhat similar to wheat but doesn’t contain gluten/starch. Eat 2 salads per day if possible or add more veggies as side dishes. Coconut milk has like 55% saturated fat and can help with weight gain. Another great one is sausage…if you can eat lamb/buffalo/chicken/turkey sausage it should help with weight.

Raster’s ultimate breakfast:
    -oat bran
    -greek yogurt/kefir/stevia + 15 blueberries(8g of sugar)
    -pumpkin pie muffin bread (1 slice)
    -scrambled eggs

You can eat as much coconut bread as you want(no need to set a limit) but it is high in cholesterol. I would limit what you eat for the pumpkin pie muffin bread because pumpkin naturally contains a low amount of sugar.

-raster

orka1998
    Participant

nikki wrote:

Hope this helps!

Arijana

Even, I am loosing a lot weight, which I dont want to. I started to eat a lot of chicken. IS this going to help cnadida as per the above post?????

Hi nikki,

As per Able’s posts, ammonia is one of the toxins that candida releases. Since animal protein creates ammonia as well he suggested that animal protein is used only few times per week during the detox stage. It’s an extra toxin that your body has to get rid of and also might be creating nice environment for candida.

So you can eat more meat if you need to. I do sometimes, but I know the risks and I decide to take them. It’s up to you.

I didn’t notice that eating more meat, especially lean chicken, helped me with weight. What did help was bread and oat bran. Just my own experience.

Arijana

orka1998
    Participant

raster wrote: You can eat as much coconut bread as you want(no need to set a limit) but it is high in cholesterol. I would limit what you eat for the pumpkin pie muffin bread because pumpkin naturally contains a low amount of sugar.

-raster

Hi Raster,

I read many posts by Able to limit the coconut bread to three slices per day. I don’t think it was ever explained why.

I am sorry if I misspoke earlier, but this was what I kept reading over and over on the forum and wanted to share with others.

Arijana

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Weightloss’ is closed to new replies.