Weightlifer getting ready to start candida diet to cure acne – is there any sort of carbs I can eat?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Weightlifer getting ready to start candida diet to cure acne – is there any sort of carbs I can eat?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  moochpb 5 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

hurricane
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 5

Hey guys,
    I am putting myself through eneromous strain just about everyday of the week, my body needs carbs and I am aware that the diets are carb free.

Is there any sort of carb I can consume, like buckwheat, anything at all?

cheers

Emsmith
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 137

if you have candida, your body needs rest to recover. you can’t do weightlifting and rest, it’s one or the other. all i can tell you is acne was my main symptom and doing this diet is the only thing that has helped it. it’ll go away for a long time, i’ll cheat, it comes right back. this isn’t a no carb diet. vegetables, buckwheat etc have carbs. it’s the starch, sugar, genetically modified protein shakes, etc etc etc that feeds the yeast. if you want the strict diet that most of us are following message able0900 and read and re-read the protocol here http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx. good luck

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

This isn’t a no carb diet or a no sugar diet but a low sugar diet.

If you have candida you need as much rest as possible; you need to build your immune system and not muscle mass.

-raster

kodaz2005
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 172

hurricane;36598 wrote: Hey guys,
    I am putting myself through eneromous strain just about everyday of the week, my body needs carbs and I am aware that the diets are carb free.

Is there any sort of carb I can consume, like buckwheat, anything at all?

cheers

Like Emsmith said, The diet is a low sugar diet. You can eat Oat Bran. Most people on the forum buy the Bob’s Red Mill Organic version. Also, Coconut Flour, Teff flour & Buckwheat flour are considered ok as well. They need to be eaten in extreme moderation though. The bulk of the diet is Green Vegetables. By the way all of which have carbs in them.

Ackley
    Topics: 0

Your body needs rest,and the proper diet,that can be because of some kind of medication or pharma made product.
    Have healthy and clean food for a few days and then try to notice any difference you get.

hurricane

I can’t rest, I am a competitive lifter, lifting and training for competition. Its my bread and butter, its my job.

I am currently stronger than I ever have been (physically) I just need to get this under control.

My neck and temple area of my head is particularly bad with acne, im consitpated and my head is sore when I wake up in the morning.

I have never drank those shitty protein shakes, I only eat good food. However my acne started when I was eating large amounts of porrdige oats and around a gallon of milk a day.

For those following the diet, what carb sources are you using which are not vegetables?

mygutleaks
    Participant
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 166

maybe you could wait to cure your infestation. i know some will disagree with me here – but you could try the GAPS diet or SCD diet, which allows for bananas and any other fruit you want. And milk too, although GAPS recommends it be fermented. And then eat as much fermented foods as you can to keep your candida down. I am doing the candida diet for the same reason as you, to cure my skin. I have leaky gut from too many antibiotics. Betaine HCL seems to keep my skin clear. I take (8) 648mg tablets with each meal, the Nature’s Life brand. I didn’t think I had low stomach acid, and my stool test had a 7 for pH. But then i tried it and it worked. Some people online seem to have good luck keeping candida down with only fermented foods – kefir, kombucha and fermented veggies. But if you’re like me, it’s not candida causing your breakouts, it’s the leaky gut. So you need to heal that and then GAPS/SCD probably won’t do that, although curing leaky gut is what it’s designed for. From what I’ve read, the authors say it takes 1 to 2 years. But personally I doubt if it works if one has a bad case of candida because of the fruit eating. Google GAPS Diet or SCD Diet and there is a lot of info. Gaps is the newer version of SCD.

I lift. And in the beginning I tried to keep up with it, but it was no use. I lost all of my muscle and am now super skinny. Was skinny before, and have lifted off and on for 15 years. I eat at least 3 avocadoes a day and meat with every meal, about 4 servings per day, probably 70 to 80 grams of protein per day. I know how to eat to gain weight and got quite jacked a long time ago – i gain weight from carbs, not really from protein. I’m an ectomorph, so maybe your results will be different. I’ve had people tell me I look sick. Or “different than I used to.” None of my clothes fit. It sucks. If you need to lift, the candida diet as it is on the candida forum, will kill your career in my opinion. (and you probably can’t cure it on anything other than what’s on the site.) but you may be able to accomplish your goal with betaine hcl. and then see what happens eating only fruit, veggies and meat, per GAPS. the idea is that fructose will feed your cells before it feeds the candida, and allow you to heal the gut. Good luck.

-MGL

hurricane

mygutleaks;36622 wrote: maybe you could wait to cure your infestation. i know some will disagree with me here – but you could try the GAPS diet or SCD diet, which allows for bananas and any other fruit you want. And milk too, although GAPS recommends it be fermented. And then eat as much fermented foods as you can to keep your candida down. I am doing the candida diet for the same reason as you, to cure my skin. I have leaky gut from too many antibiotics. Betaine HCL seems to keep my skin clear. I take (8) 648mg tablets with each meal, the Nature’s Life brand. I didn’t think I had low stomach acid, and my stool test had a 7 for pH. But then i tried it and it worked. Some people online seem to have good luck keeping candida down with only fermented foods – kefir, kombucha and fermented veggies. But if you’re like me, it’s not candida causing your breakouts, it’s the leaky gut. So you need to heal that and then GAPS/SCD probably won’t do that, although curing leaky gut is what it’s designed for. From what I’ve read, the authors say it takes 1 to 2 years. But personally I doubt if it works if one has a bad case of candida because of the fruit eating. Google GAPS Diet or SCD Diet and there is a lot of info. Gaps is the newer version of SCD.

I lift. And in the beginning I tried to keep up with it, but it was no use. I lost all of my muscle and am now super skinny. Was skinny before, and have lifted off and on for 15 years. I eat at least 3 avocadoes a day and meat with every meal, about 4 servings per day, probably 70 to 80 grams of protein per day. I know how to eat to gain weight and got quite jacked a long time ago – i gain weight from carbs, not really from protein. I’m an ectomorph, so maybe your results will be different. I’ve had people tell me I look sick. Or “different than I used to.” None of my clothes fit. It sucks. If you need to lift, the candida diet as it is on the candida forum, will kill your career in my opinion. (and you probably can’t cure it on anything other than what’s on the site.) but you may be able to accomplish your goal with betaine hcl. and then see what happens eating only fruit, veggies and meat, per GAPS. the idea is that fructose will feed your cells before it feeds the candida, and allow you to heal the gut. Good luck.

-MGL

Hey,
    I train for strength, therefore it is important for me to maintain weight, however it isn’t essential that I gain weight, just get stronger.

I am planning 6 meals a day, full of greans and meat, I will be adding 4 tablespoons of olive oil to most of the meals, that’s a lot of calories in virgin olive oil alone. I am going to make coconut flour bread and eventually buckwheat bread, I will eat these on my training.

I know I will be at a very major disadvantage without rice, potatoes and my personally favorite, big spoonfulls of jam!

I am interested to your opinions and experience, thanks for posting!

fixme
    Participant
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 101

kodaz2005;36608 wrote: Most people on the forum buy the Bob’s Red Mill Organic version.

The better kind, although not organic, is bobs red mill gluten-free oat bran.

hurricane

I forgot to say, if I did drink a litre of milk this evening, which is a 5th to what I used to drink when my gut was healthy, I would come out in cystic spots by the next morning.

I don’t believe milk causes acne, I however believe that when you have acne it makes it worse. I believe the high levels of sugar feed candida in the gut, thus making the acne worse.

Its a real shame, as theres nothing I love more than a litre of milk with every meals…..muscleicious!

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

An article from a few years ago linking dairy and sugar to acne: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mark-hyman/do-milk-and-sugar-cause-a_b_822163.html

hurricane

shayfo;36685 wrote: An article from a few years ago linking dairy and sugar to acne: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mark-hyman/do-milk-and-sugar-cause-a_b_822163.html

I take everything with a pinch of salt, as I have friends who eat nothing but shit, smoke ciggarettes, drink heavily regulary, use anabolic steroids and have clear skin.

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

I’m an mma fighter and I have to listen to my body. I eat buckwheat and coconut bread for carbs. Buckwheat biscuits and just recently turkey meatloaf. I don’t follow the strict diet or I’d be dead. I’m doing much better. Just a long road ahead still

Ms T
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 22

Hi,

This diet is especially tough on athletes. A professional tennis player and a competitive body builder both posted here struggling with their energy levels on this diet. The body builder, of course, wanted to increase muscle mass on this diet. I think that’s probably near impossible, but it should be somewhat easier for a strength athlete to continue to make strength gains as we supposedly don’t need as many calories as those training for hypertrophy.

I’m a kettlebell instructor and I also lift for strength (not hypertrophy) although I don’t compete with anyone except myself. I find myself using healthy fats as an energy source — eating two to three avocados a day. The coconut oil is also an excellent source of energy.

But I felt like I really could not do without brown rice and/or some root veggies. These are definite no-nos on the strict forum diet and may be setting me back. I also eat papaya fairly regularly, also a no-no on the strict diet, but my thought process was “Well, at least papaya is high in enzymes.” Probably not the best rationale.

I have successfully cut all other fruit, breads/grains, cereals, sugars, pork and dairy, except for Swedish filmjolk, which is a drinkable yogurt, and kefir. You might try substituting filmjolk for the milk as its very high in protein. I drink Sigi’s brand and find it a good recovery drink. I rarely eat red meat now. Most of my protein comes from eggs and chicken. However, I just couldn’t function without some brown rice, squash and/or sweet potato (again big no-nos on the strict diet), and I do occasionally have a VERY small amount of either black, garbanzo, or lima beans. I do well with eating lots of greens, juicing greens, and regularly drink wheat grass juice for the chlorophyll. All of this along with the probiotics and antifungals. Eating fermented foods, such as sauerkraut, has also been very important for me. I believe I am making progress in terms of re-balancing my body but I am sure I could do better.

I am still making strength gains but with these adaptations to the strict diet. I cannot advocate for them one way or the other. All I can say is “This is what I’m doing.” I have also somehow fallen into following a food-combining protocol, albeit unintentionally. I don’t know why I started doing this but my body just kinda guided me this way. I eat all my animal proteins together, typically with some veggies and right after my morning training session, and a few hours later I eat the root veggies and rice (starches) separately from the proteins. I consume almost all my food before 3 or 4 pm, which works with my schedule. I just naturally starting the food combining part only later discovering this is what people do when they follow a food-combining protocol.

I am thinking of experimenting with totally or dramatically cutting the rice and root veggies again while continuing to lift heavier. Not too sure how that’s gonna work.

If you’re a competitive powerlifter and plan to stay on the strict diet, be prepared to drop a weight class. Depending on who your competitors are, that may not be such a bad thing. But you just aren’t gonna have as much weight under the bar. If you’re an Olympic-style lifter, it may be somewhat easier for you to use your body in the same while being lighter under the bar.

Finally, I should say that when I started the antifungals, I could not train at all for a full two weeks due to the die-off symptoms. I was not aware that I needed to take Molybdenum before starting antifungals and just sorta went for it. The largest muscles in my body — glutes, lats, quads and hams — were so sore I could barely walk let alone deadlift or squat. You may wish to plan your training around this. (Epsom salt baths and the steam room are your friends.)

All I can do is empathize with the diet struggle. Please let us know how it goes for you.

T

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

I eat red potatoes and brown rice, not alot, but I eat them at least every other day at a meal. My Naturapath said for me to since Im such a busy person and need some starches. It might delay healing by a little bit but its a necessity for me right now

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Weightlifer getting ready to start candida diet to cure acne – is there any sort of carbs I can eat?’ is closed to new replies.