Weight loss????

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Weight loss????

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Jackie R 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Jackie R
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 22

Could anyone comment on whether they think candida affects weight?I seem to have put on weight quickly around my abdomen, along with other ‘illness’ symptoms. The results of the test indicate that candida ‘may’ be the problem. So I just wondered if people could comment on possible weight loss, if any , after following the candida diet /

helmax
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 20

Hi.

That’s possible I suppose, perhaps someone who has experienced weight loss will post a comment eventually. Personally, I lost around 35 pounds in about four months when I went on the strict Candida diet. I tried eating more food eventually as I began to feel better, and finally leveled off, but I’ve still not gained any of the weight back.

Are you sticking strictly to the diet?

Good luck, Max

Morab
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 8

Yes, candida affects weight, especially around the waist and stomach. It also leads to bloating, and bizarre questions of “so, how far along are you?”. The coconut oil helps – don’t know if you’re taking that on your programme – i started at 1 teaspoon three times a day, and am now at 2 tablespoons. I put it into my food, take it as is, and toss it into my steamed veggies. Hope this helps

Jackie R

Thanks for your replies. I have started on Stage1 of the diet, on the advice of a homeopath. I already feel better, the headaches have gone, , athlete’s foot has calmed down, despite having a few ‘slip ups’. I notice a severe reaction when I do this, for example , a bad headache after a cup of coffee. I probably haven’t been that strict, to be honest, and need to work on this…….

Jackie R

Am interested in the coconut oil- what does it do ??? I’m surprised that you mention it – its not usually recommended in diets, is it?

Hope
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 187

The coconut oil is on this diet as one of the natural antifungal options. I’m using it right now to cure some mild thrush (had to have another stinkin antibiotic last week) and it’s almost cleared up. That said – a good friend of mine is on a chiro-prescribed AC diet, and she can’t have any coconut at all. Weird how these diets will vary. I’ve used “extra virgin coconut oil” allthrough the diet so far, though, and feel like it’s really helped w/ skin rashes and thrush.

On the weight – yes, weight gain (especially if not related to changes in diet and especially around the middle) can be associated w/ candida overgrowth. I’d be really surprised if you didn’t lose some weight on this diet. It’s similar to the South Beach Diet in a lot of ways, and all those extra veggies really give you a lot of fiber. I’m pregnant and having a little trouble gaining weight on this diet(believe me, this has *never* been the case w/ previous pregnancies! i usually gain a lot!). I’m eating such wholesome, nutritious food, though, my OBGYN isn’t concerned. And my baby’s weight & development look great.

veg2
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 27

I think someone posted this website in response to a different question, but this website taught me a lot about all of the amazing properties of coconut oil beyond just helping with candida, http://www.miracle-of-coconut-oil.com/
    I’ve been using it a lot now to cook with, as well as coconut milk and coconut flour.

Jackie R

Thanks very much for the link, am going to try this out. Do you know of any recipe links, or simple ideas on how to use it ?

veg2
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 27

Sure, I use it in place of other cooking oil to cook veggies, omelets. Also I use coconut milk, baking cocoa, and truvia/xylitol to make “hot chocolate”.
    Also, Almond Butter Cookies: 1/2cup butter, 1/2 cup coconut oil, 6oz almond butter, 1 cup xylitol, 1/4 cup truvia, 1 egg. 2 cups coconut flour, 1 tsp baking soda. I modified this a bit, I think I added an egg and a little water, since they’re a little dry. I also googled and made some coconut macaroons but wasn’t thrilled with them. It’s nice to have a treat on hand with such a strict diet!

Jackie R

Thanks for the recipe- sounds good!!I’m in the habit of having something sweet after a meal, so they might do the trick !!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Weight loss????’ is closed to new replies.