Week one and Excercise?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Week one and Excercise?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  JLT 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

JLT
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 15

So, I’m a very active person. Excercise has been a major part of my life for over 2 years. I am on day 2 of the Option#3 cleanse and I went to get on the treadmill to jog/walk my usual 2 miles at lunch and I didn’t even make 1/2 mile. My lower legs (front and back) cramped up so bad I had to stop. I have never felt that kind of pain working out. Not even in the middle of a triathlon. I sat in the locker room for a few minutes and the cramping went away. I have had plenty of water just very little food ( fresh veggies and salad)
    Is this normal? Should I break from working out until the cleanse is over. I also box and I want to go to the boxing gym tonight but now I’m not sure? And advice?

Eileen40
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 14

Eat more food? Get some iron into your diet? I made this for my daughter, because she almost passed out on the mat after a heavy workout:

To 1 quart container add:
    1/4 cup blackstrap molassas
    1/8 cup raw sugar (or honey)
    1/4 teaspoon sea salt

Before drinking, add 6 oz apple or orange juice and finish filling the container with water. Good for workouts.

JLT

But I’m on week one??? I have candida overgrowth, sugar is the enemy right now. I don’t understand your reply.

whyitsme
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 72

You have good instincts. Stay away from sugar and molasses. Sugar is your #1 enemy. You can exercise, at least with me it was about feeling good enough to exercise. I had the ichy die-off at end of first week, so felt pretty crappy. The key is to make sure you have extra calories to maintain you through your workout. Perhaps eat some hard boiled eggs or piece of chicken. It’s very easy to lose weight on this diet due to required eating. So just consume the extra calories need that you will burn off with exercise.

Bizo
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 5

Hi JLT,

I am just getting ready to start the candida diet on Monday. It will be my second time on the diet and I am excited to have a cure to the very unpleasant symptoms I have been having. I originally considered starting with the cleanse. I have never done a cleanse, but I have tried fasting in the past. I also like to exercise, mostly just walking now- but I used to jog. When I was fasting I had the same muscle cramping experience that you are talking about. I was not able to exert myself at all while I was fasting. When considering whether or not to do the cleanse option, I thought about this aspect of it. I found that the fast was very hard on my body. So, I considered doing a shorter cleanse, maybe just 1-3 days. However, I have decided against doing the cleanse. I am just going to begin the diet and try to make it part of my lifestyle as I feel that is more balanced for me. But everyone is different. Maybe there are some types of exercise that are appropriate for when you are fasting?

Best wishes on your journey!

JLT

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Week one and Excercise?’ is closed to new replies.