Week 3 down.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Determined 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Determined
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 15

Just finished week three.

Still hanging in there, folks! Holy crap the diet is awful, but I’m very proud to say I’ve not strayed even once. It was my son’s birthday last week. I survived dinner out at a very decadent steak house. Roasted chicken (no skin) and steamed broccoli (no butter), which was actually a treat compared to everything else I’ve been eating. I survived an all you can eat buffet by eating hard boiled eggs with lemon and pepper wrapped in spinach leaves. Survived ice cream cake (not even a teensy taste). I survived a festival with the smells of deep fried fat foods and kettle corn assaulting my senses. Summer is not the best time to start this, it seems….but I’ll always have next summer…or the next. I keep reminding myself that before any weakness takes hold. I just really want to get better.

I’ve developed thrush. Like, this thing trying to crawl it’s way out of my body now! I’m doing the coconut oil pulling to keep it at bay. I also rinse afterwards with salt water and a bit of tea tree oil. I’ve also been using my netti pot with salt and a bit of tea tree oil. Seems to be helping.
    And, there’s still the exhaustion.

To top it all off — sorry guys in advance for the following graphic description– I started my period last week. This is the period to top all periods. I’ve never bled so heavily and for so long in my life. And it’s still going. And going. I feel like my insides are liquifying and falling out. Is this even normal? Am I going to get anemia? Anyone had any experience with this is free to comment.

I did finally get the molybdenum. Not sure if it’s helping, or if there is something else wrong, or if I just have a very bad case of candida and it’s a good thing I’m working my way up slowly. I’m taking the supplements listed in the protocol. I’ve started slowly with the antifungals. I’m only up to 6 teaspoons of coconut oil a day, and working my way up. I’m afraid to add any other antifungal yet. I still haven’t started with probiotics. I did get the kefir grains, and it will probably be a few more days before it starts making the homemade kefir.

In all honesty, I’m feeling a bit discouraged and depressed. Like I’m forcing punishment on myself. I am constantly haunted by dreams of eating foods I shouldn’t be eating. I’m still exhausted. Totally exhausted. I’m trying very hard not to be a downer about this, but sometimes it’s so hard when you’re feeling so horrible. I know it’s only been three weeks, but it seems all this hard work should start yielding a reward. I know it’s going to take a long time, and I should be patient. I’ll make my reward the right to whine a little bit. How’s that?

Thanks for letting me share.

paulkur89234
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 20

That’s what I also feel when I’m on a diet so I just go back to my old lifestyle. lol But now I’m really determined to do it.

Determined

paulkur89234 wrote: That’s what I also feel when I’m on a diet so I just go back to my old lifestyle. lol But now I’m really determined to do it.

I know what you mean. It’s kind of like when I quit smoking. The bad times and good times ebb and flow. The bad times don’t usually last long and eventually become fewer and farther between. You’ve just keep gotta reminding yourself it will end soon. The second you slip up because of an urge or craving, you’ve fell off the wagon, so to speak. Heehee.

Stay strong, I’m sure it gets easier after awhile. 🙂

SRQ
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 53

Determined wrote: I survived dinner out at a very decadent steak house. Roasted chicken (no skin) and steamed broccoli (no butter), which was actually a treat compared to everything else I’ve been eating. I survived an all you can eat buffet by eating hard boiled eggs with lemon and pepper wrapped in spinach leaves. Survived ice cream cake (not even a teensy taste). I survived a festival with the smells of deep fried fat foods and kettle corn assaulting my senses.

There’s nothing easy about trying to defeat candida. I visited France last year when I was on a self-imposed restricted diet before I knew candida was causing my problems. No wine, no cheese, no baguettes, no creamy sauces, no desserts…and, yet, I still had a great time. (And, the bonus was that my will power prevented me from getting sick.) Like many others on the forum, I’ve endured a long exhausting journey with candida. But, what other option is there? It sounds like you’re doing great. Stay strong…and good luck!

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

Good for you. Sounds like your doing great. I have only gone out to dinner a few times and last Sat. went to a wedding. They had asparagus, a huge tray of cut steamed veggies. I ate a ton. I must say the best part was having someone else do all the cutting and chopping of the vegetabes for me. I’m glad your doing so well and have such a positive attitude…that is 1/2 the battle.

How is the thrush? I too have that and continue to battle it 9 months in…only in the back of my throat…tonsil area…so disturbing. I may try what your doing. I only did oil pulls.

Best of luck and thanks for sharing.

Magical1
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 9

Congrats. I’m right there with you, on week four, although I have had organic butter here and there and Greek yogurt.

I have endless dreams about food! And I hear my stomach rumbling all night. That has been the worst (other than gas). Hang in there!

Determined

Thank you all so much for the moral support. It means so much to know I’m not in this alone. 🙂

I finally got my homemade kefir going, and I’m pretty excited about it. Been drinking it the past few days and I’m actually feeling pretty good. I only feel slightly nauseous after taking the coconut oil as an anti fungal, and I usually feel that more in the evening. The exhaustion has let up a bit, so I’m going to add another anti fungal to the mix in about a week.

The thrush is still there, and seems to be coming and going. I have been a bit lazy with the oil pulling this past week because it hasn’t been too bothersome.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Week 3 down.’ is closed to new replies.