weed?

This topic contains 19 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Javizy 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #72471

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    Relating to what Javizy wrote; one of the main negative consequences to smoking anything is the mucous production in the lungs. Mucous protects the candida and it prevents you from destroying the candida. So basically, by smoking and doing the diet, the candida in the lungs won’t be destroyed very much if at all. You could remove the candida from the rest of the body but it’ll be difficult to purge it from the lungs until you quit or reduce smoking (and this applies to me as well).

    Another thing is that candida can live very well in a no oxygen environment, so if you were to get more oxygen (not smoking), then this could help benefit your recovery.

    The lungs are a great organ in the body that help detox the body from toxins. By stressing this organ, it doesn’t function nearly as well as it is supposed to.

    Also, smoking drains the adrenal glands which are very important for healing the body. It’ll be difficult to heal these organs in the long run if you continue to drain them some over and over.

    -raster

    #72513

    Marbro
    Member
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 252

    I would be concerned about weed making you cave in to that burger or pizza or a big huge slice of pie….AAAAHHHHH i miss those foods LOL.

    #72536

    Chris24
    Member
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

    Javizy wrote:

    As for evidence, I did say you only have to spend 2 minutes on Google, but here’s some from a site that popped up on the first page of results.

    We conclude that MJ [marijuana] smoke containing Delta9-THC is a potent source of cellular oxidative stress that could contribute significantly to cell injury and dysfunction in the lungs of smokers.

    Tashkin DP et al wrote: The potential for marijuana smoking to predispose to the development of respiratory malignancy is suggested by several lines of evidence, including the presence of potent carcinogens in marijuana smoke and their resulting deposition in the lung, the occurrence of premalignant changes in bronchial biopsies obtained from smokers of marijuana in the absence of tobacco, impairment of antitumor immune defenses by delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol, and several clinical case series in which marijuana smokers were disproportionately over represented among young individuals who developed upper or lower respiratory tract cancer.


    Roth MD et al wrote: We conclude that regular smoking of marijuana by young adults is associated with significant airway inflammation that is similar in frequency, type, and magnitude to that observed in the lungs of tobacco smokers.

    Tobacco use is much more widespread and has been studied in much more depth, so obviously there are more solid links between smoking and various detrimental health effects. Marijuana research just has a bit of catching up to do. As I said, I’m not sure about ingesting the plant itself, since it wouldn’t contain any of the toxic by-products created by burning it. Maybe it’s something you could look into if you can’t give it up. Inflammation of any kind is likely to set you back.

    All the links you posted come from the same site funded by the US government. You can not expect me to believe some random statements made by people who depend on funding from a government like America’s, who have been trying to win their ‘war on drugs’ with any bullshit they could think of.

    Really it’s not as easy as to just google for 3 minutes. There has been a lot of research from independant scientists out there, and detrimental effects even under heavy smokers are not conclusive. + the fact that its in medicinal use, is not for bullshit reasons. Maybe it needs more time like you say. Until that time, ill just listen to my body. I think if it helps me with stress, then it is good for me. Also the serotonine fluctuations connected to thc I find quite interesting and might be beneficial as my depression is keeping my Candida alive and vice versa.

    I am open to the possibilities on possible unhealthy effects on lungs or throat with heavy smokers. Haven’t seen the evidence though.

    #72537

    Chris24
    Member
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

    raster wrote: Relating to what Javizy wrote; one of the main negative consequences to smoking anything is the mucous production in the lungs. Mucous protects the candida and it prevents you from destroying the candida. So basically, by smoking and doing the diet, the candida in the lungs won’t be destroyed very much if at all. You could remove the candida from the rest of the body but it’ll be difficult to purge it from the lungs until you quit or reduce smoking (and this applies to me as well).

    Candida in the lungs? that is new to me. Surely I thought it was only in my gut. Do you automatically have candida in the lungs if you have it in the gut aswell?

    raster wrote:
    Another thing is that candida can live very well in a no oxygen environment, so if you were to get more oxygen (not smoking), then this could help benefit your recovery.

    Ah thats interesting. The reason why stabilized oxygen (water purifying tablets) could help against pathogens like candida.

    raster wrote:
    The lungs are a great organ in the body that help detox the body from toxins. By stressing this organ, it doesn’t function nearly as well as it is supposed to.

    Also, smoking drains the adrenal glands which are very important for healing the body. It’ll be difficult to heal these organs in the long run if you continue to drain them some over and over.

    -raster

    Sounds logical, though I’ll have to listen to my body to see if this is true, as I am not a specialist. The most important thing I’m trying to do with smoking is getting rid of thought spirals and stress, which can really consume me and is obviously not good for me, especially for the digestive system.

    #72540

    Javizy
    Member
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

    Chris24 wrote: All the links you posted come from the same site funded by the US government. You can not expect me to believe some random statements made by people who depend on funding from a government like America’s, who have been trying to win their ‘war on drugs’ with any bullshit they could think of.

    Isn’t the idea of a conspiracy theory at odds with the medicinal usage you mentioned? There is a lot of BS research used to progress all sorts of agendas, but there were other articles suggesting marijuana wasn’t as damaging as tobacco on that site, which really doesn’t fit the ‘war on drugs’ agenda. I haven’t read about any of them in the media either, so I think they deserve to be judged more objectively. They seem to be based on biochemical evidence rather than the stupid quantitative links used to “prove” the dangers of cholesterol and such, and it was literally the first site I came across.

    If you used a vaporiser or used it in food, you’d avoid the tar and carcinogens, and maybe any issues with oxidative stress and inflammation, and probably wouldn’t need to worry about the evidence one way or the other. It’s ultimately up to you, and if you feel you’re progressing while smoking, then I guess it’s not a big deal. Raster seemed to manage it, so it’s certainly possible.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘weed?’ is closed to new replies.