weed?

This topic contains 19 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Javizy 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #72333

    helpme
    Member
    Topics: 45
    Replies: 72

    just wondering… will smoking pot affect progress?
    I love maryjane tehe

    #72335

    Lauren
    Member
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

    This has been a very weird day. First I see a post that it says it okay to consume alcohol then a weed question. These things are not good for your body if you have normal health so why would it be okay to do these things to your body if you are having health issues. I have always avoid both of these things my whole life. They are not good for you and not helping your body. They both can lead to very bad things. Sorry if I come off wrong. I dont mean to sound judgmental. I know many people enjoy a drink, I just cant relate. Use common sense when deciding if something is good for your body.
    Lauren

    #72336

    helpme
    Member
    Topics: 45
    Replies: 72

    Ah k, just wondering because it does have many medical benefits.
    I will never stop, fuck that hahaha

    #72337

    Javizy
    Member
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

    Smoking it is obviously bad for your body for many reasons, but I’m not sure about consuming the plant. Hemp seed and oil is very good for you.

    #72340

    helpme
    Member
    Topics: 45
    Replies: 72

    Mm I don’t see myself stopping smoking very soon, I don’t smoke a lot of tobacco at all. Well, I will make up for it by being super strict on the diet woop no munchies for me! xD

    #72350

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    It will only hold back your progress and make it longer but you can still get better despite its use. I would look at it as one of the causes of why you are here. I am a heavy recreational user myself and the smoke causes leaky gut. I also smoke tobacco and hope to quit this year, its also another reason I am here.

    All both of these do is suppress the immune system, but your immune system can heal and get better despite the use.

    -raster

    #72358

    helpme
    Member
    Topics: 45
    Replies: 72

    Yeah I figured that’s what it does..
    Well it’s gonna be the only thing getting me through (+ my understanding boyfriend) so I definitely will continue, but will cut back quite a bit

    #72362

    bpaul90
    Member
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 7

    http://www.drugscience.org/Petition/C2B.html

    The same year Tashkin worked on a study on Pulmonary Alveolar Macrophages (PAM), considered one of the primary defenses the lung has to infection.

    “We conclude that marijuana smoking does not alter phagocytic behavior or the respiratory burst of human PAM, but marijuana smoking does decrease the ability of human PAM to destroy ingested Candida albicanus. These findings contrast with the effects of tobacco smoking, which not only decreases the fungicidal activity of human PAM but also increases their respiratory burst.”(15)

    I haven’t smoked in about a month and I can’t tell if there is much difference, but with this article and the fact that it would lower your immune system you can see how it may hinder your progress in getting healthy. As Javizy said, it may be different with ingesting rather than smoking, but I’m not sure if it’s directly related to the smoke or the plant itself. If it is the smoke you could try a vaporizer.

    #72363

    Chris24
    Member
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

    Raster, I am curious as to why you think smoking pure weed is causing any health problems? I haven’t been able to find sustantial evidence for health risks regarding weed.

    #72366

    Javizy
    Member
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

    Chris24 wrote: Raster, I am curious as to why you think smoking pure weed is causing any health problems? I haven’t been able to find sustantial evidence for health risks regarding weed.

    Unless you’re growing your own or getting it from a reliable source, there’s a pretty big chance it’s contaminated with chemicals used by the growers. It’s an inevitable risk with something completely unregulated by the government.

    I don’t know all the details about the smoke, but I’m pretty sure it creates all kinds of toxins that can damage many parts of your body including your GI tract. I know it contains three times the tar and 50% more carcinogens than tobacco smoke, so obviously not a choice for people who don’t like cancer. It’s smoked unfiltered too, so in practice it’s probably many times more harmful than commercial cigarettes. Regular use (classified as one joint per day) is also linked to a number of other illnesses. Anything that introduces toxins into your system and creates free radicals is best avoided as much as possible.

    #72371

    Chris24
    Member
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

    Nope, no chemicals, I live in Holland;)

    Weed is a plant and does not contain carcinogenics or tar, and I’m pretty sure it is not linked to any diseases. Please check your facts.

    #72372

    helpme
    Member
    Topics: 45
    Replies: 72

    WEED DOES NOT CAUSE CANCER
    sorry, but I can say I am an expert on draw, and it is actually used to help cancer patients.

    #72388

    Javizy
    Member
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

    Chris24 wrote: Weed is a plant and does not contain carcinogenics or tar, and I’m pretty sure it is not linked to any diseases. Please check your facts.

    Plants and smoke are two different things. Tobacco doesn’t contain tar either, but you get plenty of it from the end of a cigarette. I read about the carcinogen point years ago, and you could confirm it easily enough with Google.

    helpme wrote: WEED DOES NOT CAUSE CANCER
    sorry, but I can say I am an expert on draw, and it is actually used to help cancer patients.

    If you’re smoking just about anything unfiltered, you’re increasing your risk of cancer, as well as other degenerative diseases linked to free radical production. Radiation is used to help cancer patients, and that’s an even more direct cause of cancer.

    The point here though is really the effect toxins from smoke have on your GI tract and liver. These are two things we need to be working full steam to beat candida, so you really need to limit the drugs.

    #72448

    Chris24
    Member
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

    Javizy, I understand the point you are trying to make, but without backed up arguments for detrimental effects there is no reason for us to not smoke pure weed. If you really think what you say is true then I’d like evidence. I know there is a lot of stigma on weed, and its vastly exaggerated and mostly untrue.
    No, weed does not kill braincells, no, it will not make your brain shrink, no you can’t overdose, no, it does not cause cancer, no, on the long term short memory loss is not present.
    And then there is medicinal marijuana, even in the US with their ridiculous drug policy.

    #72463

    Javizy
    Member
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

    Chris24 wrote: Javizy, I understand the point you are trying to make, but without backed up arguments for detrimental effects there is no reason for us to not smoke pure weed. If you really think what you say is true then I’d like evidence. I know there is a lot of stigma on weed, and its vastly exaggerated and mostly untrue.

    There’s exaggeration on both sides of the argument. One side saying it’ll turn your kids into schizo criminals with lung cancer who support terrorists, and the other suggesting it’s as beneficial to your body as a bit of broccoli. The truth is probably somewhere in between. I don’t have a moral problem with it if that’s what you think, although I’ve seen repeatedly how easily people grow dependent on it.

    As for evidence, I did say you only have to spend 2 minutes on Google, but here’s some from a site that popped up on the first page of results.

    Sarafian TA et al wrote: We conclude that MJ [marijuana] smoke containing Delta9-THC is a potent source of cellular oxidative stress that could contribute significantly to cell injury and dysfunction in the lungs of smokers.


    Tashkin DP et al wrote: The potential for marijuana smoking to predispose to the development of respiratory malignancy is suggested by several lines of evidence, including the presence of potent carcinogens in marijuana smoke and their resulting deposition in the lung, the occurrence of premalignant changes in bronchial biopsies obtained from smokers of marijuana in the absence of tobacco, impairment of antitumor immune defenses by delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol, and several clinical case series in which marijuana smokers were disproportionately over represented among young individuals who developed upper or lower respiratory tract cancer.


    Roth MD et al wrote: We conclude that regular smoking of marijuana by young adults is associated with significant airway inflammation that is similar in frequency, type, and magnitude to that observed in the lungs of tobacco smokers.

    Tobacco use is much more widespread and has been studied in much more depth, so obviously there are more solid links between smoking and various detrimental health effects. Marijuana research just has a bit of catching up to do. As I said, I’m not sure about ingesting the plant itself, since it wouldn’t contain any of the toxic by-products created by burning it. Maybe it’s something you could look into if you can’t give it up. Inflammation of any kind is likely to set you back.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘weed?’ is closed to new replies.