water retention

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions water retention

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mrs.candida 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

Hello everyone, I’m wondering if someone might have some insight into water retention.

The time of day where it’s the worst for me in the morning upon waking. It’s possible that my water retention could be a food allergy, however I feel it must have something to do with my liver or kidneys since it’s developing while I’m sleeping.

I’d like to know if anyone can point me into the right direction of articles to read, or give their own experience with water retention.

I’ve had this for most of my life and have done all the basics, I still get it no matter what I eat or drink. I always wake up feeling this way and it gets worse around my period.

I’m not following the forum’s diet, although I have in the past. I’m currently trying Erica White’s diet, since it feels like something I can stick to for the long term.

Currently I take:

molybedenum
    vit C
    multi vitamin
    caprylic acid
    silicea

Anything you can suggest to me would be greatly appreciated.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Mrs. C.

Are you taking vitamins? For that problem you need A&D (together) and specifically vitamin C. Take at least 1000 mg three times a day.

Able

mrs.candida

HI Able, and thank for your reply.

I’m taking 6000 mg of vit c per day. This is because it’s the only thing I’ve found to help me with insomnia, large doses of vitamin C.

As for the vit D, a strange thing recently happened. I went to see a new doctor and he checked my vitamin levels. I actually have more vit. D then the average body needs. This is strange because I’m from Portland, Oregon (the no sunshine city), and I’ve just moved to Amsterdam Netherlands, another very gray city. I don’t understand how that could have happened, I’ve always been deficient in vit. D. It must have something to do with the candida. I had even stopped taking my vitamin D liquid drops last February.

In my multivitamin I get 20,000 IU of vitamin A per day and 266 IU of vitamin D-3.

Do you think I should increase vit d & a?

If so, how much?

I really appreciate your response.

Able900
    Spectator

As for the vit D, a strange thing recently happened. I went to see a new doctor and he checked my vitamin levels. I actually have more vit. D then the average body needs. This is strange because I’m from Portland, Oregon (the no sunshine city), and I’ve just moved to Amsterdam Netherlands, another very gray city. I don’t understand how that could have happened, I’ve always been deficient in vit. D. It must have something to do with the candida. I had even stopped taking my vitamin D liquid drops last February.

Candida wouldn’t cause you to have too much vitamin D, Mrs. C, in fact, most people with a Candida overgrowth are deficient in vitamin D.
    I think I would have another test done.

In my multivitamin I get 20,000 IU of vitamin A per day and 266 IU of vitamin D-3.

The only problem with this is that it’s out of balance with the RDA amounts. You’re getting way too much of the A and not enough D, so I’m even more surprised that you had too much vitamin D. The correct amounts are more like 5000 units of A and 400 of D. But you can also take an extra D3 vitamin, plus you can take extra amounts of both A and D, but not a lot more of one than the other.

Do you think I should increase vit d & a?

No, I don’t think you should increase it, but I do think you should have a second test.

If you’ll send me a link to your multiple vitamin, I check the various amounts and let you know if there are other problems, specifically with various B vitamins.

Able

mrs.candida

Hey Able,

Here’s a link to my multivitamins, I’m almost out fo these, and I can’t buy more, because I’ve just moved overseas.

http://www.omnivitenutrition.com/omni/?wpsc-product=omnivite-with-iron

Is there a link somewhere with suggested vitamin brands?

Thanks for your help.
    It would be interesting to see if getting my vitamin amounts right would help with the water retention.

I agree that getting retested would be a good idea, however I’m fed up with doctors at the moment. I’m taking a break from them.

thanks for your help

Able900
    Spectator

Mrs, C;
    The biggest problem I see with your multiple vitamin is the percentage of the RDA of biotin which is a B vitamin, as compared to the percentages of the other B vitamins. It’s only 33% of the RDA where as some of the others are over 1000% of the RDA. You can see how easily this could cause an imbalance in the amounts of B vitamins in your body. Biotin is one of the most important vitamins in fighting a Candida infestation. Read the post that I wrote on this subject last year for more information. Biotin and Candida

This is very typical of a multiple vitamin and precisely why I do not recommend them. I suggest purchasing whatever vitamins you wish to take separately. This link should help you.
    Vitamins & Supplements

Able

mrs.candida

Thanks for you help Able, that link will be very useful as I go to purchase more vitamins.
    I must have great intuition because I just started taking biotin yesterday morning.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘water retention’ is closed to new replies.