Water Kiefer Grains?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Water Kiefer Grains?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  wishnhope 7 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Faith
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 87

Well, I had a little bit of Greek yogurt and I think it totally messed me up. I was thinking about making the kiefer stuff, but I’m pretty sure I’ll have to go non-dairy. Can you make it with coconut milk from the can? I saw in the Amazon reviews that you use sugar to make it? Is this the way you have to do it? I’ve never made this stuff, or even had it before. So I don’t know what to expect or how to do it?

I found this site on Amazon, http://www.amazon.com/Keysands-Organic-Grains-Crystals-Tibicos/dp/B0051WV5K6/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top. 32 people gave it 5 stars. No other bad reports. Should I get this stuff?

I can’t do chicken, no g. yogurt, maybe no eggs too? I need to have something…I’m starving. My skin is getting worse. I think it was the yogurt? I’m taking that out, next will be the eggs. Ah…so discouraged.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Faith

Hy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 59

Your poor body. Candida just stinks.

I culture my own coconut water from young thai coconuts — probiotics and the awesomeness of coconut vitamins and minerals. And then I culture the meat into a coconut cheese. It’s all pretty good, though, I admit, it’s a required taste with the coconut water kefir. If you google search coconut water kefir, you’ll find plenty of information.

Hope this is a helpful option.

Oh! Also, it might just be that you need to reintroduce lactobacilicus to your gut so you have milk-loving bacteria in there to handle the cultured milk products. A few months on the young green thai coconut water should help to introduce that and hopefully by then your gut will be healthy enough to handle the cultured milk products and teeming with good bacteria.

Faith
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 87

Wow, thanks, that’s encouraging! 🙂

How do you make coconut cheese? Sounds interesting! I would love anything different right now! 🙂

About how many young coconuts do you go through per week? I live about an hour from where I can get some, so buying ahead would be the best idea for me! 🙂 I did find a young coconut water keifer tonic at Whole Foods last night. Expensive, but I thought I’d try it once. Hum…first sip about fell over!! HA! But today not so bad! 🙂 Anything that will help I am willing to try!

Thanks so much for your help! 🙂

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

I am bothered by other dairy, I can’t have any yoghurt (commercial, didn’t try to make homemade yet) but I do well on homemade kefir fermented for at least 24 hours. I think that kefir grains feed on sugar. The way I understand it, if fermented right (at least 24 hours on temp above 70 degrees), there should be none or very little sugar left in kefir.

You can try to make kefir out of milk first, see if you can handle it. Since I can’t handle yoghurt but kefir doesn’t bother me, obviously they are very different. Also, on commercial products you can’t really trust what they put in there and how they ferment it. I think that according to protocol, kefir goes first and then Greek yoghurt comes after. I think that milk kefir gives you so much more than water kefir. It is filling so it helps with hunger, contains protein, potassium and many other great properties.

wishnhope
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 80

kefit is a life saver for me.. I love it!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Water Kiefer Grains?’ is closed to new replies.