Water Kefir Question

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Water Kefir Question

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  benc 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

I made my first batch of water kefir with SKG. I don’t think I put enough sugar in it. I could only find one sachet of brown sugar & instead put 2 tablespoons of molasses plus some dried fruit.

My question is, if it ferments too long will the alcohol levels that rise be a problem for my stomach? Is 48 hours the cut off time?

benc

Discussed this with my wife at lunch, she tasted it, & said it tasted like moonshine!!

I’m trying to cut the diary kefir back, because it doesn’t make me feel great. I feel a lot better on goats kefir.

I want to make the water kefir work, but really want to know how detrimental it would be to drink it if it tastes boozey?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Personally I wouldn’t want to drink it during a Candida infestation if it tastes like moonshine, Benc. Seems to me that can only mean that it contains a lot of alcohol.

Able

benc

Able900 wrote: Personally I wouldn’t want to drink it during a Candida infestation if it tastes like moonshine, Benc. Seems to me that can only mean that it contains a lot of alcohol.

Able

I guess so, would you advise to not use water kefir grains then?

I’ve made coconut water kefir with milk grains to success.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Water Kefir Question’ is closed to new replies.