Water Fast as a cleansing method

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Water Fast as a cleansing method

This topic contains 16 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Allira 7 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

truelyhealthy2012
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 8

I don’t see much discussion regarding using Water fasting as a method for Cleansing on this forum.

I bring up this for a couple of reasons. I have had a particularly difficult time with sticking to the long extended period of stage one while working.

I’m thinking of going to a professional medical institution that overseas a water fast. My plan would be to do it for 12-14 days. I’m thinking the environment, being with other like minded individuals would give me a good chance to succeed. I could put work thoughts out of mind and focus on health.

My main question is would this be an effective cleanse? Could it be even more beneficial than some of the cleansing methods recommended here? The digestive system would be able to rest for a couple of weeks. Could a large portion of the Candida die off during a 14 day water fast?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

truelyhealthy2012 wrote: I don’t see much discussion regarding using Water fasting as a method for Cleansing on this forum. I bring up this for a couple of reasons. I have had a particularly difficult time with sticking to the long extended period of stage one while working.

In all honesty, a 12 to 14 day water cleanse isn’t going to determine the length of your treatment period. There are far too many possibilities to factor into the equation to allow even a guess as to the length of anyone’s treatment.

My main question is would this be an effective cleanse?

Sure, it would be an effective cleanse. But more to the point, would it benefit your health? What about your weight? It’s far too easy as it is to lose weight on the diet, enough so that at times, extensive weight loss has been the sufferer’s biggest concern.

Could a large portion of the Candida die off during a 14 day water fast?

That depends on the Candida; certainly some will be killed off initially. But with a water fast you’re basically attempting to starve the Candida which may only cause them to go into what is called their “armored spore form.” This form allows them to go dormant, therefore they’ll become dormant for an indefinite period of time. You’ll have to eat eventually, and at that point the Candida will have mutated to the point that it’ll be difficult to imagine what they may be able to feed on, but you can believe that they’ll manage to feed on something, no matter what you’re eating. This is the same principal as simply going on the diet, taking a few antifungals and doing nothing more. Once you stop doing this, the dormant Candida will once again become active.

The diet isn’t meant to kill off the infestation, in fact, as you just saw, this is impossible. There will always be Candida yeast present in the human body whether a Candida infestation is present or not. The goal of our protocol is to lower the numbers of the Candida albicans populaltion while taking the supplements suggested which will eventually prevent the Candida yeast from changing into a fungal pathogen form. So as you see, since starving or killing the Candida with a diet is impossible, there is no logic in this being the goal of a treatment.

Able

Allira
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 40

I am nowhere near as knowledgeable as the others, but I would be concerned about lowering the body’s defences to deal with die off on a water only fast. At least with the vege/lemon water cleanse there is still an abundance of vitamins and minerals, especially Vitamin C (from the lemon) to help maintain the immune system.

truelyhealthy2012

Thanks for the Reply. I guess I was hoping for a different answer, but I may still do the water fast anyway. I have lost some weight since these Candida problems started. I’m 5’10” Male 165lbs, very lean. I’m a little concerned about the weight loss, but more focused on what would be best for my health.

Maybe the other diets work for other people on here better due to more simple life issues. I can’t turn off aspects of my life to make it work. A water fast done with others would be the right environment.

Able900
    Spectator

truelyhealthy2012 wrote: Maybe the other diets work for other people on here better due to more simple life issues.

lol … amazing how at least 95% of the people who come on the forum for the first time think their Candida problems absolutely HAVE to be somehow different, harder, more difficult, or worse than anyone else who has ever suffered from the infestation.
    But go ahead, call us simple folk, there are those among us who have been called worse (I know I have).

Able

truelyhealthy2012

Able900 wrote:

Maybe the other diets work for other people on here better due to more simple life issues.

lol … amazing how at least 95% of the people who come on the forum for the first time think their Candida problems absolutely HAVE to be somehow different, harder, more difficult, or worse than anyone else who has ever suffered from the infestation.
    But go ahead, call us simple folk, there are those among us who have been called worse (I know I have).

Able

Sorry, but I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. I was just saying my personal life with my job and family is too hectic to comit to the 1st phase of the diet while I’m working. I felt if I could get away and focus on myself it might be the right atmosphere for me.

Allira

The cleanse is suprisingly not that taxing. I’m a single mother, 2 young kids, studying part time extramurally and have the school/kindy/extra curricular activities. I also have to make all my kids meals, and of course they didn’t stop eating what they normally do! I felt tired, was sick on the first day (well night really) but i managed to do day to day activities no problem.

Not comparing my life to yours or anything, just giving an example 🙂

And I certainly didn’t read you as calling anyone simple!! WTF?!
    Everyone is different, so do what is right for you! And don’t be afraid of this forum. I’ve offended people here (unintentionally) but there is still alot of valuable info to trawl through, no matter what path you decide on 🙂 (a break away to do a cleanse DOES sound appealing haha!)

humphrey
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

Well, this was nice post to talk about……….Thanks for sharing your knowledge guys.

Able900
    Spectator

Wow, what I’d give to see the sense humor of the past that the members used to share. That sort of thing ends up completely over-the-head now it seems.
    So now it’s like “we all must be very serious at all times as this is a very serious matter.” Well of course it is, I’ve been there, done that, and lived through it, but it didn’t necessitate having my sense of humor surgically removed. Laugh, people, chuckle, smile at least, you may be surprised at how good it feels, and I honestly don’t think it’s going to kill you or prevent you from curing the infestation.
    WTF? … lol, lovely.

Allira

Sense of humour?!? What is funny about accusing someone of referring to you as ‘simple’ when they clearly didn’t?
    Last week you blew what I said about the GI of two types that you didn’t include in your post of rice waaay out of proportion.
    You were insensitive and rude to a woman posting about how difficult she was finding it sticking to the diet and wondering about Overeaters Anonymous.

You are a wealth of knowledge, Able, WE ALL KNOW THAT, and aside from your rudeness, probably everyone appreciates it.
    You cured your infestation, that is fantastic. But you are downright rude to anyone who questions your advice.

New people come onto the forum confused and overwhelmed, possibly scared, feeling really ill, whatever. They aren’t at the stage you are, maybe you could have a little compassion and remember how daunting it is for someone embarking on such a drastic dietary change. If you’re sick of dealing with newbies and their questions then don’t answer questions!

All your ‘past members’ have left because they are hopefully cured and have probably moved on. While I agree your knowledge is invaluable, there is a more sensitive way of delivering it to people who are new at this! Your posts imply that you are sick to death of answering questions and giving advice. You probably are, (I would be) and if so, make the important threads ‘sticky’ and don’t answer anymore!

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Allira wrote: Sense of humour?!? What is funny about accusing someone of referring to you as ‘simple’ when they clearly didn’t?
    Last week you blew what I said about the GI of two types that you didn’t include in your post of rice waaay out of proportion.
    You were insensitive and rude to a woman posting about how difficult she was finding it sticking to the diet and wondering about Overeaters Anonymous.

You are a wealth of knowledge, Able, WE ALL KNOW THAT, and aside from your rudeness, probably everyone appreciates it.
    You cured your infestation, that is fantastic. But you are downright rude to anyone who questions your advice.

New people come onto the forum confused and overwhelmed, possibly scared, feeling really ill, whatever. They aren’t at the stage you are, maybe you could have a little compassion and remember how daunting it is for someone embarking on such a drastic dietary change. If you’re sick of dealing with newbies and their questions then don’t answer questions!

All your ‘past members’ have left because they are hopefully cured and have probably moved on. While I agree your knowledge is invaluable, there is a more sensitive way of delivering it to people who are new at this! Your posts imply that you are sick to death of answering questions and giving advice. You probably are, (I would be) and if so, make the important threads ‘sticky’ and don’t answer anymore!

Allira that is pure bullshit you write here. Read the answer I gave to that woman concerning Able and how she behaved in the Thread she started. It is her who has to feel bad about her selfish, childish behaviour and you are in the same club.

You behave like a bunch of Victorian sissies who need a group of people holding up the smelling salt to get you back to life after you got a fainting spell.

Like a bunch of cry babies trying to get attention you are so easily hurt if one doesnt do the dance you like to see him dancing.

What about the truth in her post? Her being a Overeaters Anonymous? Bullshit on that one. I misunderstood that too and therefore she pointed that clearly with big letters out to me that she is NOT an overeater. Oh great, why is she joining them?
    To steal their time too or to start a come on and pitty me party. I am suffering soooo much and you dont see me.

Even Satan likes to get a massage as long we pamper his ego. We help everyone here out of free will and love. Nobody gets a dime for it and how do you dare to have demands on anyone here especially to Able who would break his arm to help another soul here. Before you demand anything, first give something here.

Wake up girl from your dream of selfishness!

cheers
    Thomas

Allira

Oh Thomas.

You completely misinterpret me.

I’ve acknowledged Able’s knowledge and kindness in sharing it. All I am saying is that there is a NICER way of delivering his advice! And no need to get his back up if someone dares to question it!

The original poster of this thread didn’t refer to anyone as ‘simple’ as Able claimed. When it was pointed out, Able passes it off as a ‘joke’ and then claims we have no sense of humour.

Th Overeaters Anonymous lady didn’t do anything wrong so to label her as selfish and childish is cruel. She may not have liked what Able had to say (I’m not about to argue that one) but instead of just shrugging and walking away, she was attacked with nasty, rude posts calling her selfish. She clearly said she considered OA for her sugar addiction issues, not because of overeating. Do you know her? no! Are you experts on depression, or overeating, or addiction? Maybe you have experiences in that yourself I don’t know, but it doesn’t make you professionals. Everyone is different and everyone’s needs are different. If you can’t relate to how someone is feeling, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO POST!! It is just mean to make someone feel terrible for reaching out. On a forum. That is supposed to be for support.

This isn’t an attack on Able, Thomas, so do not fear! It is just a request for kinder delivery of what he has to say, or asking him to walk away instead of delivering rude replies!
    There are just kinder ways (and that doesn’t mean anyone is being childish?!) of delivering answers to posts.

I have no idea what a back massaging Satan has to do with any of this.

But, as the oldage saying goes “if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything”. I’m sure you have a similar saying in Swedish.

Some of what Able (or anyone else)has to say, I admit, people may not like to hear (for example, the water fast not being the best idea) but there is no need to get shitty and nasty.

And Thomas, i do know you feel terrible alot of the time. It is evident in your posts. I do hope you feel better soon aswell.

P.S Your ‘Victorian sissies’ had me in fits of laughter, thank you!

Thomas

Allira,

I understand the point you want to make but there is a time for everything. Please do me the favour of reading her post again. I answered her very nice and kind in my first post. Even the second one was kind but maybe brutally honest. I worked with people who have addictions. I am educated in 12 steps program. May father was an alcoholic, my step father was violent to the point of beating me senseless until the police took me away from home. Now, I can tell you a lot about how humans work and how the ego is working.

Giving Satan a massage, means that you pamper the ego to the point where you love a person deeper into his addiction and into the grave. Its better to let him drown a bit so you can help him. These love me, love me, love me folks need always love and suck it out of the next one like a vampire is sucking out the life blood of other people to live its shadow existence. After the second post from her I knew where she is standing and why she is wining so much.

If you have been around here for a while you should have seen that everyone here who is crashed and beaten from life and sickness gets help and love. Everyone is stretching out a helping hand.

In that moment people on the forum who suffer more than being hungry are putting their concentration to another soul to help. But pampering a ego into the grave I never will do. After they suck you out they will go around and around to people complaining and whining but keeping their problems, finding faults on everyone and finding reasons to eat more, drink more, cry out for help more BUT continue with their addictions.

I hope you got my point.

That you ask for nicer words I can somehow understand but what I love most is the clearness of truths and a open dialogue. What I hold with you is that one should not come to a forum and suffer dirty and foul language, racisms etc but this you dont suffer here.

But you cant come either with a concept in your mind and a screen-play in your hands demanding verbal love performance according to your directions. Or do you want to play the good dictator here?

Love is action and not words. Even Jesus who loved his enemies got mad at the Pharisees. Telling them that they on the outside are white and clean but on the inside rotten. Love is not pampering but truth is love and action.

I hope Allira you understand what I say. And please take the short moment and with open eyes read her first post again, my first answer to her and then her second and my second. Dont you see that there is a love sucker in a making. If I would have pampered her more and more she would have found more to complain only to steer up some more drama.

I hope you dont need drama to feel alive and we can put that thing here to close together.

yours
    Thomas

Allira

Thomas, I don’t think asking for a bit of politeness or asking someone to refrain from posting on threads if they have nothing nice or constructive to say equates as needing someone to ‘love me love me love me’ nor is it being childish or a ‘Victorian sissy’ (sorry, I really love that description 🙂 ).

Asking for help (as that woman did) when you are desperately trying to stick to a diet doesn’t mean she is looking for any ‘love love love’ either. The poor woman said she was ridden with candida, and as I saw in another post of yours, you referred to the candida as a ‘hungry sugar eating monster’ (which is an AWESOME description by the way). Her ‘monster’ is huge (I think she said it was in her brain even?!) so her sugar craving is huge, like the monster. That was wh she was asking for help, and now she has been frightened away by everyone.

A forum member (me) asking another forum member (Able) to be a bit more polite when replying to people is NOT creating drama. If I wanted to do that I’d be doing something silly like following him around the forum making fun of everything he says, which I am not doing.

I respect Able, and his knowledge, I’ve said that many times now.

I’m sorry for your upbringing Thomas, sounds awful. And I understand where you are coming from regarding the human ego. I have a degree in psychology myself and am studying towards a degree in social work, so I too understand the human ego. Perhaps it is the difference between males and females, I don’t know. I do know though, that you cannot possibly judge a person’s ego through a few posts on the internet. I still believe that the response to that lady was grossly unfair, just as I think the accusation of calling Able ‘simple’to the original poster on this thread is unfair.
    There are more sensitive ways to deliver messages to people who we cannot see, and whose histories we don not know. Noone is asking for ‘pampering to the grave’ that I can see. I certainly am not. And i don’t think that lady was either, at all. she onl posted 7 or 8 times in total on the entire forum! That is all I am saying, there is
    no drama to that.

I agree with you regarding this forum’s clear and open dialogue. But there IS a gentler way to deliver it, especially to newer, confused newbies starting out.

Thomas

Allira, I hear you and I believe we can settle this thing now. In the end it is like all off us having coloured shades on and debate the colour of the snow. You say red, I say blue and another who is having green eyeglasses on says…no no the colour is green. Are we right? Yes and No! There is no absolute truth. You are right, so is everybody.

I wish you well and hope we move on. We sit in the same boat and its not good to hit each others while struggling for survival in that little lifeboat we have here.
    Then I personal (blue eyeglasses) believe that one does not poke a finger in the eye of a veteran member who gives everything here for us when one just joined the forum here.

This behaviour ask for trouble, it would not even work on a working place. You cant start at a new place and start insulting people.

anyhow let have fun together and sing!

row row row the boat….merely merely.

My last post in the matter sister!

yours
    Thomas

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Water Fast as a cleansing method’ is closed to new replies.