Warning! It WAS Mercury

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Warning! It WAS Mercury

This topic contains 23 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  futureyogi 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Floggi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425

Thanks, Anna, for moving this thread to the mercury subforum.

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

mork;57085 wrote: I see people saying that the strict diet caused them to get worse? What sort of diet should I follow why I wait to get my amalgams removed?

For me personally, I got much worse on the strict diet because most of the foods on the strict diet are high sulfur foods. I was eating broccoli, cauliflower, kale, brussels sprouts, garlic, green beans, onions, sauerkraut, etc. I thought I was getting symptoms still because of some of these foods’ anti-fungal properties (brussels sprouts, garlic, onion, sauerkraut are all anti-fungals) and so I thought that I was just experiencing “die-off.” It wasn’t until I came across mercury poisoning and discovered that many mercury toxic people are intolerant to sulfur that I made the connection. Not all mercury toxic folk are intolerant to high sulfur foods though, so it’s something that each individual must test out on their own. A sulfur exclusion trial is a great way to go about this. More information here: http://www.livingnetwork.co.za/chelationnetwork/food/high-sulfur-sulphur-food-list/

Right now my diet is pretty limited as I’m basically following a paleo, anti-candida, low sulfur diet. I buy organic, free-range, vegetarian-fed meat always and when it comes to vegetables I buy organic most of the time as well. I’m not the best chef and am a creature of habit so right now I’m eating the same thing most days: salads with chicken, romaine lettuce, tomatoes, avocados, and extra virgin olive oil. I’m not taking any anti-fungals nowadays because I don’t see the point in putting my body under any more stress, plus my yeast issues are pretty much under control as long as I stick to the diet I’ve got going.

mork;57085 wrote: I have consumed copious amounts of tuna over the last 3 years thinking ‘protein’ for the gym.

This was me 3-5 years ago. I was eating lots of farmed salmon and canned tuna in an attempt to up my protein for bodybuilding purposes. I’ve never actually had amalgams, although my mom had several while she was pregnant with me. My other source of mercury would be from the childhood vaccines I received.

mork;57085 wrote: I am now very skinny and have daily pain from all bones in upper body (or cartilage or tendons, whatever something is horribly wrong!!)

I have trouble with balance, AF, very sesetive to light(sunlight more so), a constant ringing in ears/deafness that happens in either ear from time to time, eye lid twitches sometimes ard rarely a full arm twitch which is quite scary as its quite a big involantary mobement..

Then horrible brain fog! Worse now than ever before really bad social anxiety (got worse over time)

I think these symptoms are related to mercury poisoning?

All of these symptoms you mentioned can be related to mercury poisoning, yes. I used to have really bad fibromyalgia, all my joints would pop, etc. I also have balance issues, have adrenal fatigue, am very sensitive to light, experience a ringing in ears infrequently, although this has gone away some, and also experience involuntary movements like you have mentioned (sometimes my whole body will shudder randomly or the muscles in my leg will spasm slightly, causing my leg to move).

Brain fog is probably the symptom I hate the most, but since starting chelation this has improved considerably. I feel much better while I’m on-round (while I’m taking DMPS) and at times my brain feels completely clear: absolutely no fogginess, I can retain information that I read, I feel more enthusiasm for everyday tasks/activities that I normally would have no enthusiasm for, etc. Brain fog comes and goes with me right now, whereas it was pretty much constant just over 3 months ago prior to chelation.

I can sympathize with the social anxiety as well as I used to get this pretty bad. This whole illness is pretty terrible, huh?

mork;57085 wrote: I do fully belibe I have an overgrowth of candida but want to try and get rid of mercury sources before I attempt to stop the overgrowth.

This is smart.

mork;57085 wrote: I don’t like the sound of chelating with drugs/tablets as I cannot afford to worsen my health. I honestly feel the next thing to happen to me is tumour/ death If I dont do something

If you don’t chelate you’ll never get better. Some people improve their health considerably by just removing their amalgams, but unless you chelate with ALA (a natural compound, this is not a drug) you’ll never remove the mercury from your brain and will never get back to 100%. I know there is some scare-mongering out there when it comes to chelation, but trust me, frequent, low-dose chelation (as advised by Andy Cutler) is completely safe when done right. My experience with chelation so far has been extremely mild and looking back I just wish I would have started sooner. That said, no chelation should take place while you still have amalgams in your mouth or you will get a lot worse.

mork;57085 wrote: If anyone can give me some advice in what to do I would be eternally gratefull! Naturopaths are all bogus in the UK (least I can’t seem to find one that is legit?)

I am so so lost and just want to proceed in the right direction

My advice: read Andy Cutler’s Amalgam Illness! If you don’t have the money to spend on a physical copy, here’s a d/l link: http://kickass.to/andrew-hall-cutler-amalgam-illness-t6533350.html

Read this page in its entirety: http://www.livingnetwork.co.za/chelationnetwork/chelation-the-andy-cutler-protocol/

Join this forum I’m about to link and ask questions! There are lots of friendly people there who are more than happy to help you out and to point you in the right direction: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/frequent-dose-chelation/info

And finally, don’t despair! I know what it’s like to feel lost and hopeless. That was me a year ago. Since discovering mercury toxicity and Andy Cutler’s chelation protocol I finally feel like I have the answers. For the first time in a long time I know that I’m going in the right direction!

Let me know if you have any other concerns/questions! I’d be more than happy to give you my 2 cents and to help you out further.

Floggi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425

klips32;57044 wrote: The thing is just, that there had been many stories on the internets different health forums where people tell there success with chelation vs. CRC/candida hypersensitivity syndrome.

Yes, that’s one of the problems of these health forums. You never know if the information on such forums can be trusted.

Some forums contain very good information. People really help each other, and the information you read on such forums is true.

Other forums, however, have gradually evolved into their own belief system. Often, such a belief system has nothing to do with reality. On such forums, you tend to see a few “masters” who probably really think they are helping people, but who merely put forward their own personal beliefs, and who often fiercely attack anyone who dares challenge their opinions.

Therefore, always actively search for different opinions. The Internet makes it so easy to focus on just your own opinion – but in reality, if you’re like me, you’ve probably learned much more from people who disagreed with you than from people who agreed with you.

klips32;57044 wrote: A MD in Norway talks about this too, and even made a paper for a university there for docters to treat patients with candida hypersensitivity syndrome.

Even for MD’s, you’ve got to check what others think. Heck, you may find an MD who advocates increasing your sugar consumption. Does that mean that we should consume more sugar? I think it doesn’t. It just means that there is a single MD who has some very strange ideas, and that it’s a good thing that the great majority of MD’s wholeheartedly disagrees with this single person.

klips32;57044 wrote: It just seems like some people get immunetriggered defects by mercury OR the yeast

Is this something you read on some forum, or is it an observation that’s founded in solid research?

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

Environ Int. 2012 Apr;40:39-43. doi: 10.1016/j.envint.2011.11.014. Epub 2011 Dec 27.
    Mercury and thyroid autoantibodies in U.S. women, NHANES 2007-2008.
    Gallagher CM1, Meliker JR.
    Author information
    Abstract
    Associations between positive thyroid autoantibodies and total blood mercury in women were evaluated using the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES), 2007-2008. Women are at increased risk for autoimmune disorders, mercury exposure has been associated with cellular autoimmunity and mercury accumulates in the thyroid gland. We used multiple logistic regression to evaluate the associations between total bloodmercury and thyroglobulin autoantibody antibody positivity and thyroid peroxidase autoantibody positivity in non-pregnant, non-lactating women aged 20 and older not currently using birth control pills or other hormone therapies, adjusted for demographic factors, menopausal status, nutrient intake and urine iodine (n=2047). Relative to women with the lowest mercury levels (≤0.40 μg/L), women with mercury >1.81 μg/L (upper quintile) showed 2.24 (95% CI=1.22, 4.12) greater odds for thyroglobulin autoantibody positivity (p(trend)=0.032); this relationship was not evident for thyroid peroxidase autoantibody positivity. Results suggest an association between mercury and thyroglobulin autoantibody positivity.
    Copyright © 2011 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.

Abstract
    Methyl mercury is a well-recognized health hazard. It is an environmental contaminant that accumulates in the food chain. The primary source of mercury exposure for humans is through the consumption of contaminated fish. We studied the effects of indirect methyl mercury exposure on the immune system of Sprague–Dawley rats. The effects of different forms of methyl mercury on immune system development were studied in Sprague–Dawley rats at 6 and 12 weeks of age. Rats were indirectly exposed to mercury during gestation and during nursing by exposing pregnant rats to either 5 or 500 μg/liter of methyl mercury chloride (CH3HgCl) or 5 μg/liter of methyl mercury sulfide [(CH3Hg)2S] in their drinking water. Total body, splenic, and thymic weights were measured, and NK cell cytolytic activity and lymphoproliferative response to T and B cell mitogens were evaluated in the offspring. At 6 weeks of age, total body and splenic weights were significantly increased in both high- and low-dose methyl mercury chloride-exposed groups. Rats exposed to methyl mercury sulfide had a significant increase in thymic weight at 6 weeks of age. At 12 weeks, the total body and organ weights were not different from controls. The lymphocyte proliferative response of splenocytes to PWM was enhanced at 6 weeks in both CH3HgCl exposed groups and not affected in the (CH3Hg)2S exposed group. NK cell activity was not affected in either group at 6 weeks of age. At age 12 weeks, NK cell activity was statistically significantly decreased by 56.6% in both CH3HgCl-exposed groups and not affected in the (CH3Hg)2S-exposed rats. The lymphocyte proliferative response of splenocytes to the B cell mitogen pokeweed remained increased in the CH3HgCl groups. Indirect exposure of rats (during gestation and nursing) to different forms of methyl mercury reveals that chloride forms have prolonged predominantly enhancing effects on lymphoproliferative response of splenocytes, followed by significant depression of NK cell activity.

mork
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 23

Have to agree with floggi here!

Alot of misleading information about thats why I’m trying to find out how to go about battling my disease

Thomas Joel in my eyes you seem to promote cutlers protocol abit too much if I’m honest (no offence) which makes me have doubts

After reading symptoms of mercury poisoning (the one that are not relayed to candida symptoms) I do honestly believe I have it

I also think if the body is working as it should it will chelate mercury by itself?

Thats why I plan to remove my amalgams then adress the gut and organs because of what Mrs candida said

What could I do to optimise my health in the time being? Diet wise? Supplement wise?

I will try to do exercise and yoga daily

Also going to brainstorm positve thoughts to read each morning and noght because I tend to think badly and it brings me down pretty bad. Today was a better day though 🙂

Would love to hear what Mrs candida has tp say but unfortunately she doesn’t seem to be coming back anytime soon..

Again I will be very grateful for help in these dark times

I wish you all well and happy fast healing

Mork

Edit : interesting information dvjorge although abit mind boggling for me to take in with the fog I was once a very clever individual! And now sometimes get mocked over my ‘slowness’ although I know its not my fault its just very frustrating

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

Floggi;57103 wrote:

Other forums, however, have gradually evolved into their own belief system. Often, such a belief system has nothing to do with reality. On such forums, you tend to see a few “masters” who probably really think they are helping people, but who merely put forward their own personal beliefs, and who often fiercely attack anyone who dares challenge their opinions.

yup, agree. I think this forum suffers from this very much.

klips32;57044 wrote: A MD in Norway talks about this too, and even made a paper for a university there for docters to treat patients with candida hypersensitivity syndrome.

Even for MD’s, you’ve got to check what others think. Heck, you may find an MD who advocates increasing your sugar consumption. Does that mean that we should consume more sugar? I think it doesn’t. It just means that there is a single MD who has some very strange ideas, and that it’s a good thing that the great majority of MD’s wholeheartedly disagrees with this single person.

klips32;57044 wrote: It just seems like some people get immunetriggered defects by mercury OR the yeast

Is this something you read on some forum, or is it an observation that’s founded in solid research?

The MD I’m talking about made different research papers on the subject back in 01,06 and 07. Also some with candida and IBS. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11356731 (nystatin in CRC pts.) and http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18166126 the IBS study is irrelevant.

regarding the mercury, the says the following:
    I’ve tried to translate it from Norwegian ( http://www.candidaallergy.com/nor/..%5CVeileder.pdf )

“”
    It seems like mercury can cross react with yeastproteins, although I don’t know this is possible. But all subjects (see Family Practice 2001) which of whom did not respond to treatment with nystatin and diet, showed to be allergic to mercury.

Many dentists develop yeast allergies after amalgam treatments on many patients. Many patients with yeast allergy vs. candida albicans reports about yeast-allergi-like symptoms when consuming bakers yeast, beer or by getting their teeth done with amalgams.
    Laboratories who do MELISA tests (see http://www.melisa.org) often find candida albicans allergy in patients with mercury allergy.
    Most pt. with proven candida allergy who do not improve after a test diet (patients make a 14 day trial of eating no sugar, wheat, etc. to see if candida is a problem) show to react to their own amalgam fillings.
    Children that are exposed to mold fungi and pollution with heavy metals are more prone to develop asthma, then a child who only is exposed to one of the factors.

These observations can after my opinion not only be explained with that c. albicans methylates mercury (this is also done by many bacteria), that candida yeast reabsorb mercury or that this reobserved heavy metal can be used by yeasts to do damage to the secretory IgA along the mucosa.
    “”

Solid research? Not really, more a good guess and experience. He started treating people back in the 80’s, and later made research about it.

What I am suggesting here is, that it isn’t about the amount of mercury or mercury poisoning, it’s about that some individuals are allergic vs. mercury. And that the immune system reacts to mercury the same way as it does vs. candida albicans proteins.

David34
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Hello mrs.candida,

I’m very glad to hear things are turning around with the mercury discovery.

I can relate to some things you said, esp the leg pain when on the diet (for me, it’s a Catch 22: when I cut carbs, the pain in both my thighs is unbearable – not cramping, just pain in the thigh muscle – and, I’ve checked my electrolytes).

If you don’t mind, I’d really appreciate any light you could shed on the following questions.

Does the leg pain you experienced sound like mine?

What cal/mag supplement did you take to get rid of your leg pain?

Were you able to do zero carbs with no leg pain?

How’s the chelation going? (I found a good bio-dentist, and your post is the reason I’m calling her Monday to get that poison out of my mouth!).

Thanks!

Janek
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 4

Mork have you tried cleaning out your organs? Like doing a liver flush, kidney cleanse and sorting out your adrenals? Ive had candida for years, drank alot and abused my body and doing liver flushes was the best thing I ever did.

futureyogi
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 8

Question…if I have candida problems (but NOT mercury fillings) should I avoid fish? I really enjoy salmon but I think it makes me feel kindof funny after I eat it. I guess I will limit it and only eat seafood when im not detoxing.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Warning! It WAS Mercury’ is closed to new replies.