Warning! It WAS Mercury

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Warning! It WAS Mercury

This topic contains 23 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  futureyogi 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

Hello All.
    Some of you might remember me from a year or two ago. I wanted to come on here and update my situation, in the hope of saving others from making the same mistake. I wish I could take back the year I spent on the forums protocol, it really damaged my liver and my life.

My problem was Mercury poisoning and I treated the Candida for way too long. I was miserable on the diet I was sooo sick with die off symptoms for over a year on and off. Every time I would have a flare up I would think I must have ate something I shouldn’t. The constant beating myself up over the diet and my current level of strictness, It was horrible.

If you have mercury poisoning and you are treating Candida you are just taxing your system even further and you can cause permeant damage to your liver. You can not get rid of Candida if you have Mercury poisoning, your body is depending on the Candida to absorb some of the mercury.

I’ve had 6 fillings replaced and began chelation and now it’s clear that Mercury is my problem.

The other bit of advice I would like to offer up is SAME200! my life changed when I added this enzyme to my protocol. It really helps with depression and anger for those of you struggling with that, look into it.

I probably won’t be on here much to further discuss this topic. I don’t like hanging out in chat rooms hounding on my sickness, because I feel better when I focus on things that are going well in my life. I’m doing so much better today, chelating and enjoying a fairly normal life, including small amounts of sugar, and fruit daily.

I wish you all great luck on your healing journey.

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

mrs.candida;57014 wrote: Hello All.
    Some of you might remember me from a year or two ago. I wanted to come on here and update my situation, in the hope of saving others from making the same mistake. I wish I could take back the year I spent on the forums protocol, it really damaged my liver and my life.

My problem was Mercury poisoning and I treated the Candida for way too long. I was miserable on the diet I was sooo sick with die off symptoms for over a year on and off. Every time I would have a flare up I would think I must have ate something I shouldn’t. The constant beating myself up over the diet and my current level of strictness, It was horrible.

If you have mercury poisoning and you are treating Candida you are just taxing your system even further and you can cause permeant damage to your liver. You can not get rid of Candida if you have Mercury poisoning, your body is depending on the Candida to absorb some of the mercury.

I’ve had 6 fillings replaced and began chelation and now it’s clear that Mercury is my problem.

The other bit of advice I would like to offer up is SAME200! my life changed when I added this enzyme to my protocol. It really helps with depression and anger for those of you struggling with that, look into it.

I probably won’t be on here much to further discuss this topic. I don’t like hanging out in chat rooms hounding on my sickness, because I feel better when I focus on things that are going well in my life. I’m doing so much better today, chelating and enjoying a fairly normal life, including small amounts of sugar, and fruit daily.

I wish you all great luck on your healing journey.

Mrs Candida,

This is great to hear and THANK YOU for coming back to post your progress, this may help a lot of people who are really suffering.

Before you roll out for good, can you detail what chelation protocol you are following?

-D

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

This is great to hear and I thank you for coming back to update this forum!

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

I remember you, you had a severe case of candida as far as I can recall. Good you are feeling better! 🙂

I really want to hear about your chelation therapy to. Is it that clear that the chelation gives you the better health?

Cheers!

Ps. I also regret using most of the forums protocol (Ables), made my immunefunction so bad and AF sky rockeded…and just made me more sick.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I’m sorry to hear about this update but it sounds like you are doing better. Did you ever get professional help or are you doing the chelation on your own without supervision? Have you healed your thyroid yet?

I hope I didn’t give you bad advice. I ended up changing my tone after awhile and now stress detoxing from the yeast toxins as much as possible, especially when taking antifungals. I wasn’t saying it enough when you were around in the past. Able was pretty hardcore and I think he got people a lot more sick when compared to what I promoted. I feel like I shouldn’t have tried to help you so much because you definitely were a more delicate situation when compared to others.

-raster

mork
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 23

I have reason to believe I’m mercury toxic! Mouth with 10 amalgams! One that fell out about a year ago and still haven’t had it fixed 🙁

Can mercury affect bones? All mine hurt and click pop etc etc and its just getting worse.

Also have severe AF which I why I’m scared to embark on the diet. I feel asif I would crash and burn

Iv been looking into having them removed safely

How can I get tested for toxicity? I’m in the UK

Edit: I’m happy to hear your doing better!! Happy healing

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

mork;57028 wrote: I have reason to believe I’m mercury toxic! Mouth with 10 amalgams! One that fell out about a year ago and still haven’t had it fixed 🙁

Can mercury affect bones? All mine hurt and click pop etc etc and its just getting worse.

Also have severe AF which I why I’m scared to embark on the diet. I feel asif I would crash and burn

Iv been looking into having them removed safely

How can I get tested for toxicity? I’m in the UK

Edit: I’m happy to hear your doing better!! Happy healing

mork, check out this site I’m going to link for info. It’s the best resource you’ll find on the net in terms of mercury toxicity: http://www.livingnetwork.co.za/chelationnetwork/chelation-the-andy-cutler-protocol/

on amalgam removal: http://www.livingnetwork.co.za/dentalnetwork/mercury-amalgam-removal/

on testing:
    http://home.earthlink.net/~moriam/HOW_TO_hair_test.html (might have to copy & paste this)
    http://www.livingnetwork.co.za/chelationnetwork/hairtest/

Mercury can cause both fibromyalgia and adrenal fatigue.

Floggi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425

mork;57028 wrote: I have reason to believe I’m mercury toxic! Mouth with 10 amalgams!

Why do you believe you are mercury toxic? Only because of the amalgam fillings? Or do you have symptoms, or have you tested positive for mercury?

I’m asking because amalgams by themselves are harmless. I had more than ten amalgam fillings, and I never had any mercury problems.

I’m no exception either. The best test for the effects of amalgams on the mercury in the body is to actually test body tissue. This has been done on lots of deceased persons (with their consent, of course). Samples were taken from liver, kidneys, muscles, intestines, bones, and brain. These samples were thoroughly tested for mercury.

This was the most accurate test ever done, because testing actual body tissue is of course much more reliable than testing just the blood, or stool, urine, or hair.

The result was clear: some of the deceased had lower levels of mercury, some had higher levels of mercury – but there was no relation whatsoever with the amount of amalgam fillings they had when they died, or even with the amount of amalgam fillings they had had during their entire life.

Therefore, it’s safe to say that your having ten amalgam fillings says, well… nothing!

Now of course you could still be mercury toxic, but if you are, it’s certainly not caused by your fillings. So that’s why I’m wondering how you know your complaints stem from mercury. Has any test been done on you? If so, which one(s)?

mork

I said, I believe. I have ringing in ears almost all the time. Flashes of light as if someone just turned the lights on and off. Constant metallic taste in mouth bad breath very sensetive to light

Im here for help not to be questoined on what I believe. Weather It is true or not

We are all entitled our opinion

I understand mercury fillings are not harm full in healthy individuals (my dad) or at least not THAT harm full

Me however, with a compromised everthing. There’s a good chance I could be mercury toxic

Floggi

I’m not questioning you on your beliefs. I do, however, strongly believe that it’s important to obtain insight into the true causes of your complaints. If you go after non-existent causes, you are merely hunting a ghost.

As I once described it:
    If your beliefs and reality do not match, you have two options. The first one is to pretend that reality adheres to your beliefs. The second one is to adapt your beliefs to match reality.

If you choose the first option, you are in fact imposing your beliefs upon reality. Reality won’t give a damn, so your next choice will then be to either pretend that reality does adapt, or to become very frustrated. Neither seems attractive to me.

If, however, you find the strength to choose the second option, you will pass through a period of uncertainty, but you’ll certainly come out stronger. More importantly, having adjusted your beliefs to fit reality, you’ll stand a much better chance of improving your situation.

That last thing is what I try to convey to you, and to any other readers of this thread. Please do not make up things, regardless of the attractiveness of a personal belief. Observe reality, and learn from it. Obtain true insight.

The alternative is falling into the claws of vague Internet forums who rely on unknown Youtube stars instead of thorough research. I hope you’ll be able to prevent that fate.

eskimo_pup
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 78

How did you chelate, i’ve heard diet is the safest way, otherwise it can be dangerous. Also what made you believe you had candida? Or was a case of a weak body becoming susceptible to yeast infections and making you misjudge the cause?

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

This 2005 study says it is currently UNCLEAR the potential health damage caused by mercury released by amalgams.

At least, they say UNCLEAR..!

The potential adverse health effects of dental amalgam.
    Brownawell AM1, Berent S, Brent RL, Bruckner JV, Doull J, Gershwin EM, Hood RD, Matanoski GM, Rubin R, Weiss B, Karol MH.
    Author information
    Abstract
    There is significant public concern about the potential health effects of exposure to mercury vapour (Hg(0)) released from dental amalgam restorations. The purpose of this article is to provide information about the toxicokinetics of Hg(0), evaluate the findings from the recent scientific and medical literature, and identify research gaps that when filled may definitively support or refute the hypothesis that dental amalgam causes adverse health effects. Dental amalgam is a widely used restorative dental material that was introduced over 150 years ago. Most standard dental amalgam formulations contain approximately 50% elemental mercury. Experimental evidence consistently demonstrates that Hg(0) is released from dental amalgam restorations and is absorbed by the human body. Numerous studies report positive correlations between the number of dental amalgam restorations or surfaces and urine mercury concentrations in non-occupationally exposed individuals. Although of public concern, it is currently unclear what adverse health effects are caused by the levels of Hg(0) released from this restoration material. Historically, studies of occupationally exposed individuals have provided consistent information about the relationship between exposure to Hg(0) and adverse effects reflecting both nervous system and renal dysfunction. Workers are usually exposed to substantially higher Hg(0) levels than individuals with dental amalgam restorations and are typically exposed 8 hours per day for 20-30 years, whereas persons with dental amalgam restorations are exposed 24 hours per day over some portion of a lifetime. This review has uncovered no convincing evidence pointing to any adverse health effects that are attributable to dental amalgam restorations besides hypersensitivity in some individuals.

This one affirms Mercury vapor is released by amalgams, is inhaled, and absorbed by the body. However, there isn’t confirmation if that amount is safe or not. Since this topic is controversial, it is BETTER not to have amalgams.

Prenatal exposure to dental amalgam in the Seychelles Child Development Nutrition Study: associations with neurodevelopmental outcomes at 9 and 30 months.
    Watson GE1, Evans K, Thurston SW, van Wijngaarden E, Wallace JM, McSorley EM, Bonham MP, Mulhern MS, McAfee AJ, Davidson PW, Shamlaye CF, Strain JJ, Love T, Zareba G, Myers GJ.
    Author information
    Abstract
    BACKGROUND:
    Dental amalgam is approximately 50% metallic mercury and releases mercury vapor into the oral cavity, where it is inhaled and absorbed. Maternal amalgams expose the developing fetus to mercury vapor. Mercury vapor can be toxic, but uncertainty remains whether prenatal amalgam exposure is associated with neurodevelopmental consequences in offspring.
    OBJECTIVE:
    To determine if prenatal mercury vapor exposure from maternal dental amalgam is associated with adverse effects to cognition and development in children.
    METHODS:
    We prospectively determined dental amalgam status in a cohort of 300 pregnant women recruited in 2001 in the Republic of Seychelles to study the risks and benefits of fish consumption. The primary exposure measure was maternal amalgam surfaces present during gestation. Maternal occlusal points were a secondary measure. Outcomes were the child’s mental (MDI) and psychomotor (PDI) developmental indices of the Bayley Scales of Infant Development-II (BSID-II) administered at 9 and 30 months. Complete exposure, outcome, and covariate data were available on a subset of 242 mother-child pairs.
    RESULTS:
    The number of amalgam surfaces was not significantly (p>0.05) associated with either PDI or MDI scores. Similarly, secondary analysis with occlusal points showed no effect on the PDI or MDI scores for boys and girls combined. However, secondary analysis of the 9-month MDI was suggestive of an adverse association present only in girls.
    CONCLUSION:
    We found no evidence of an association between our primary exposure metric, amalgam surfaces, and neurodevelopmental endpoints. Secondary analyses using occlusal points supported these findings, but suggested the possibility of an adverse association with the MDI for girls at 9 months. Given the continued widespread use of dental amalgam, we believe additional prospective studies to clarify this issue are a priority.

Floggi

Hi Anna,

Could you please move this thread to the Mercury subforum?

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

Floggi;57032 wrote:
    That last thing is what I try to convey to you, and to any other readers of this thread. Please do not make up things, regardless of the attractiveness of a personal belief. Observe reality, and learn from it. Obtain true insight.

The thing is just, that there had been many stories on the internets different health forums where people tell there success with chelation vs. CRC/candida hypersensitivity syndrome. A MD in Norway talks about this too, and even made a paper for a university there for docters to treat patients with candida hypersensitivity syndrome. The paper specific points out that if a patient not get well on diet and treatment with nystatin and probiotics, a removal of amalgam and chelation often solves the problems. He started to treat people back in the 80’s, has a lot of experience. http://www.candidaallergy.com

It just seems like some people get immunetriggered defects by mercury OR the yeast, and it is hard to compare this group of patients with most of the research done on amalgam and mercury in ordinary people.

mork

I see people saying that the strict diet caused them to get worse? What sort of diet should I follow why I wait to get my amalgams removed? I have consumed copious amounts of tuna over the last 3 years thinking ‘protein’ for the gym. I am now very skinny and have daily pain from all bones in upper body (or cartilage or tendons, whatever something is horribly wrong!!)

I have trouble with balance, AF, very sesetive to light(sunlight more so), a constant ringing in ears/deafness that happens in either ear from time to time, eye lid twitches sometimes ard rarely a full arm twitch which is quite scary as its quite a big involantary mobement..

Then horrible brain fog! Worse now than ever before really bad social anxiety (got worse over time)

I think these symptoms are related to mercury poisoning?

My only yeast symptoms are athletes foot and white tongue/bad breath
    Diaoreah (don’t know how to spell it )
    mild gi issues mostly when gluten is consumed
    I also caught a ‘bug’ that gave me chronic diaoreah about 3 months ago and had to take tablets to stop it. After it stopped I was left with itchy anus! So guessing the bug is still with me

I do fully belibe I have an overgrowth of candida but want to try and get rid of mercury sources before I attempt to stop the overgrowth.

I don’t like the sound of chelating with drugs/tablets as I cannot afford to worsen my health. I honestly feel the next thing to happen to me is tumour/ death If I dont do something

If anyone can give me some advice in what to do I would be eternally gratefull! Naturopaths are all bogus in the UK (least I can’t seem to find one that is legit?)

I am so so lost and just want to proceed in the right direction

I have cronicly abused alcohol and recreational drugs for the past 5 or so years

Also had two cycles of Anabolic steroids about 2 Years ago which worsened symptoms and bought on new ones (obviously I regret most of the abuse but just ignored all symptoms until I can no longer do so)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Warning! It WAS Mercury’ is closed to new replies.