Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs

This topic contains 66 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  raster 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
  • Author

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs, & other Supplements

IMPORTANT NOTE
    As with every food or supplement suggested on the diet, protocol, or forum, anything you do during a Candida treatment is an individual decision; therefore, all of the supplements in the protocol are optional.

During a Candida albicans overgrowth, most sufferers are deficient in many vitamins and minerals and need to take supplements, but as you begin to reach the end your infestation (you’ll know if and when this is happening by the way you feel), you should very slowly start reducing some of the supplements. The best scenario is to have your doctor to test you for deficiencies of both vitamins and minerals before you continue all of the supplements at the same dosage. Some people are naturally inclined to be lower in certain vitamins but have a good supply of others, and the only way to be certain is to be tested.

Sean

timmyb
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 37

Great post Able!
    So I see this list. I also see the food list. Both are awesome. It seems like the 3rd and final piece of the puzzle would be the antifungals.
    Am wondering if the bitters are optional to this vitamins, minerals herbs post?
    thank you!
    Tim

Able900
    Spectator

Hi, Timmy.

Actually, everything on the list is optional, as I’m sure that, during this period of time especially, many people are experiencing economical problems. I suppose if I was asked to name one thing that is not optional in the entire treatment, in other words, one thing that is absolutely necessary for even a long term cure, it would have to be a good probiotic, as no one will actually be able to cure a Candida albicans infestation without this.

The Grape Bitters or Swedish Bitters are certainly important, and would be a great benefit to both the health of the liver as well as the digestive process.

Thanks for pointing this out, and I’ve added it to the list.
    Able

ray.of.light
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 16

Hi Experts,

The Molybdenum I have is this one:

http://www.newrootsherbal.com/product/view/id/846

Can someone explain to me what RICE CHELATED means?
    Is this bad for my cleanse?

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Hi Able,
    I read in your post…..Molybdenum (mineral) Take one 250 mcg pill a day, after a few days you can move up to 3 pills a day with or without meals.

On my bottle of capsules is written: one capsules Molybden 1000 ug what does that mean? How much mcg is that? And can I go up to 3 pills too or is my capsule already too strong?

Same question for my D3 vitamin it says here 50ug 1000 % RDI (2000 IE) per capsule.

(But its not gel, they didnt have a clean one only as a cocktail with other vitamins.)

Able, sorry to bother you with that, I googled around but didnt find any help.

thanks
    Thomas

Able900
    Spectator

Hello, Thomas.

Quote: “On my bottle of capsules is written: one capsules Molybden 1000 ug what does that mean? How much mcg is that? And can I go up to 3 pills too or is my capsule already too strong?”

Reply: One ug is the same as our microgram (mcg), which means your pill contains 4 times as much as ours does. If it’s possible, I would split (or break) the pill in half and take a half in the morning and the other half in the evening.

Quote: “Same question for my D3 vitamin it says here 50ug 1000 % MDR (2000 IE) per capsule.”

Reply: The ones I see most often contain 5000 IU (same as IE) which is a lot more than the MDR, so one or two of yours should be fine.

Quote: “Able, sorry to bother you with that, I googled around but didnt find any help.”

Reply: No worries, Thomas, that’s why we’re on the forum.

Able

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Able900 wrote: Hello, Thomas.

Quote: “On my bottle of capsules is written: one capsules Molybden 1000 ug what does that mean? How much mcg is that? And can I go up to 3 pills too or is my capsule already too strong?”

Reply: One ug is the same as our microgram (mcg), which means your pill contains 4 times as much as ours does. If it’s possible, I would split (or break) the pill in half and take a half in the morning and the other half in the evening.

Quote: “Same question for my D3 vitamin it says here 50ug 1000 % MDR (2000 IE) per capsule.”

Reply: The ones I see most often contain 5000 IU (same as IE) which is a lot more than the MDR, so one or two of yours should be fine.

Quote: “Able, sorry to bother you with that, I googled around but didnt find any help.”

Reply: No worries, Thomas, that’s why we’re on the forum.

Able

tanks a lot for the info able, the capsule is very little and if I open it, I am sure I spill all the stuff around me. On the bottle is written on a day. I guess I stick with that.

yours
    Thomas

soldia4
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 27

Hey guys i don’t know that a liquid form of digestive grape bitters exists without a trace amount of alcohol. I haven’t found any and have scoured many health food stores. Anyone else?

Able900
    Spectator

soldia4 wrote: Hey guys i don’t know that a liquid form of digestive grape bitters exists without a trace amount of alcohol. I haven’t found any and have scoured many health food stores. Anyone else?

There are other types of bitters, this one for example is a fine choice.
    Digestive Bitters Alcohol-Free:
    http://www.amazon.com/Gaia-Herbs-Daily-Bitters-Alcohol/dp/B003U538WO

CT
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 63

Hi, do molybdenum and milk thistle both do the same thing in protecting the liver? If so will just taking one of them be enough support?

Able900
    Spectator

CT wrote: Hi, do molybdenum and milk thistle both do the same thing in protecting the liver? If so will just taking one of them be enough support?

There are several excellent and natural remedies for the liver.

Milk thistle helps to regenerate and protect the liver.

Turmeric has the same strength to protect the liver as milk thistle, but is also an excellent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory.

Molybdenum removes toxins from the liver, this includes the toxins (alcohol and aldehydes) which Candida albicans produce.

Able

ray.of.light

Hey Able & Raster –

I noticed you guys said that you did not advocate taking multiple vitamins. Could you let me know if you think this is too much?

I am taking Molybdenum 250mcg, once a day after meals.

Sweedish Bitters – 3 times a day, after meals.

A Magnesium/Calcium/Zinc Vitamin (all in one) – 3 times a day.

Vitamin D3 1000mcg – 3 times a day

Biotin 1000mcg – once a day.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

That is not too much vitamins; I take like 20 capsules a day…lots of different vitamins/supplements!

ray.of.light

Oh okay good!

Thanks 🙂

Canish
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 14

Hi able!

What is your opinion on intravenous C vitamin doses?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs’ is closed to new replies.