Vitamin Question

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Vitamin Question

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  orka1998 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

serenedream
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 84

Hi again,

I read the stickies re: vitamins to take; however, buying them all separately is so expensive! I am a student teacher in a master’s program, so money is beyond tight. I foolishly spent more than I should have to aid in this process before even stumbling upon the forum.

So, I guess my question is, would a multivitamin like Optimum Opti-Women suffice? Those were my old vitamins I was taking before stopping to start the cleanse. I was surprised to find out it had Molybdenum in it!
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/women.html

I will await for Able or raster ‘s verdict (or anyone for that matter). Thanks again for all the input thus far being new the forum!

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

Be sure that you have “Chelated” Molybdenum, sometimes people refer to it as Molybdenum (even on vitaminlists) but the chelated part is important. ( I say this because I made the mistake)

I would say that you could keep taking your multivitamin until it’s gone but think about replacing it with individual vitamins. If money were tight for me I would prioritize and spend money on: caprylic acid, chelated molybdenium, vitamin C, Biotin
    (those are the supplements I find most useful, I didn’t include probiotic because I wouldn’t use it until I’ve had a few weeks of die off, in my personal experience you can take all the probiotics you want but they won’t do anything until you heal a little of your digestive track)

I’m sure the experts will give you better advice.

orka1998
    Participant
    Replies: 673

I was on a tight budget all the time and I would just pick and choose what I thought is most important. Moly is very important and other supplements to protect your liver as long as you experience die-off. Vitamin C is important in my opinion. Others you should get from food.

If you eat enough of important foods, you should get all your nutrients from food. Just kicking out this or that is not enough, you must eat enough of the good stuff as well. This is the rule I got from Dr. Wahls diet that works so you could try:
    – One dinner plate daily of green leafy vegetables (kale, swiss chard, spinach, collard greens etc.) — dinner plate is about 6 cups and you figure out the amount before cooking it
    – One dinner plate daily of sulfur foods (cabbage family: cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower…)
    – one dinner plate daily of colored through foods (this gives you antioxidant power but this one is difficult for candida diet, but you do your best, I eat purple cabbage instead of green etc.)
    – organ meat once per week (inexpensive way which gives you vitamin D and some other important micronutrients)
    – bone broth daily (I think at least 500ml should be taken, if prepared right, which is very easy, it contains tons of minerals plus micro-nutrients which repair intestinal wall so it takes care of leaky gut naturally)
    – omega 3 foods (fatty fish, fairly inexpensive such as sardines, mackerel etc.)

Good luck!

Arijana

serenedream

Thanks guys. I have purchased Moly AAC, EV Coco Oil, a shelf-stable (non-frig) probiotic, and a few other antifungals.

My last step was researching Swedish Bitters and the vitamins listed. After purchasing the above, money is tight; thus, I was wondering if Opti-Women multi would suffice. The ingredient content is in the posted link.

orka1998
    Participant

Multivitamin ratio is usually off. You get higher recommended daily value percentage of one ingredient and lower of the other. It is not natural and this is why experts on this forum do not suggest multivitamin.

I am on a tight budget so I prioritize and get what is essential and figure out a cheaper way of ingesting another.

Arijana

Emsmith
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 137

just a heads up on the bitters and bone broth, i guess my taste buds are still adjusting… i find these 2 very hard to get down. i tried the bone broth but simmered for 3 days (too long in my opinion) the house smelled so bad my husband wouldn’t go near the kitchen. the bitters are terribly hard to get down and maybe i haven’t used it often enough but haven’t noticed much benefit.

serenedream

Emsmith;34681 wrote: just a heads up on the bitters and bone broth, i guess my taste buds are still adjusting… i find these 2 very hard to get down. i tried the bone broth but simmered for 3 days (too long in my opinion) the house smelled so bad my husband wouldn’t go near the kitchen. the bitters are terribly hard to get down and maybe i haven’t used it often enough but haven’t noticed much benefit.

Thanks! I just ordered them yesterday, so now I am a little nervous. From what I read, it’s just a few drops on the back of tongue?

mrs.candida
    Replies: 452

Yes, with the bitters, you just need a little bit of that bitter taste towards the back of your tongue.

It stimulates the bitter taste receptors to increase salivation, which increases the stomachs digestive juices to be secreted.
    This increases the flow of digestive juices from the pancreas, and liver that results in better absorption of nutrients and less undigested food being passed through the digestive tract.
    They can also trigger the body to repar it’s own digestive tract!

Your not really consuming the bitters just activating the taste buds.

orka1998
    Participant

Emsmith;34681 wrote: just a heads up on the bitters and bone broth, i guess my taste buds are still adjusting… i find these 2 very hard to get down. i tried the bone broth but simmered for 3 days (too long in my opinion) the house smelled so bad my husband wouldn’t go near the kitchen. the bitters are terribly hard to get down and maybe i haven’t used it often enough but haven’t noticed much benefit.

Hello Emsmith,

I am used to the taste of bone broth because my family used to make those all the time when i was the child. I don’t mind the plain taste but if you put herbs, such as rosemary and bay leaf and whole black pepper, it smells and tastes much much better. Tip: I put all the herbs into the little metal ball used to make tea so it doesn’t get all over the pot and its easy to remove.

No need to cook it for 3 days. I cook it around 18 hours. And if you make a big batch you need to do it only once every 5-6 days.

Here is a good recipe for bone broth (adding rosemary after finding this recipe really made it much better tasting and smelling): http://www.wonderfulingredients.com/soups-on-sunday

This is so beneficial that I encourage you to give it another try. It is very inexpensive way to get lots of mineral/vitamins into your body as well as stuff that repairs the intestinal barrier naturally. I noticed huge improvement after starting bone broth as therapy.

Arijana

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Vitamin Question’ is closed to new replies.