Vitamin inquiry

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Vitamin inquiry

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Javizy 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

prismaticmantis
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 21

What is the consensus on B complex vitamins?
    I have this one in my cabinet: http://www.solgar.com/SolgarProducts/B-Complex-50-Vegetable-Capsules.htm
    I am worried about malabsorption in my body and want to make sure I am getting everything. Could it hurt to take?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

prismaticmantis wrote: What is the consensus on B complex vitamins?

If you read the vitamin supplements suggestions which I posted for you on another message, you’ll see that B complex vitamins are not on the list. If you want to know why, just look at the list of Daily Values in the brand that you linked to.

3333%
    2941%
    250%
    2500%
    100%
    833%
    17%
    500%

Do you see anything at all wrong with this list? Why would anyone want to take 3333% of the daily requirement of one B vitamin and only 17% of another? This is the recipe for an big imbalance of various B vitamins with many potential problems being the result.

You’ll obtain all the B vitamins you need from the beneficial bacteria supplied by the kefir, yogurt, and probiotics in the correct ratio and amounts that your body needs.

Able

prismaticmantis

OK thanks that makes sense.
    Sorry, i looked for a reply on the other post but couldn’t find it.
    Still getting used to forum i guess haha

prismaticmantis

Do you have any recomendations for A and D vitamins?

I am unclear if they are supposed to be in the same supplement or just take them at the same time.

I was thinking of combining my cold liver oil (Vitamin A – 5000 iu + Vitamin D – 200 iu)
    and the D3 supplement :
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002J0PDZG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&m=A1JOKHZE1W04XW

If anyone has one they like or would recommend let me know

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

Regarding vitamin C, does it make a difference if you purchase soluble or veggie caps?

Summer
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 43

I agree that a food source for vitamins is best especially since kefir is “god’s gift to candida”
    However, B vitamins are so essential to health and well being and ENERGY!
    The reason “complex” is recommended is because B vitamins work synergistically.
    Solgar is a great brand (they use quality ingredients and package with care (hence the amber colored glass bottles)
    Also, B vitamins are water soluble, which means you’re system will flush out what it doesn’t need or use. So don’t worry about the mega doses.
    Fat soluble vitamins you have to be more aware of because they stick around in the body (liver) and can become “too much” or “toxic” Vitamin A and D are both Fat soluble So stick with what the labels say for dosage.

Good luck. I also think that Nature’s Plus is a great brand, all of their vitamins are from whole food sources 🙂

jamesb
    Topics: 47

Summer wrote: I agree that a food source for vitamins is best especially since kefir is “god’s gift to candida”

Summer

on what basis is kefir gods gift to candida ? as I understand it some people can react well to kefir while others may have to wait longer before introducing it

Summer
    Topics: 14

JamesB:
    Great probiotic for the gut! You can also make a near dairy free variation if you are having reactions to the Dairy.
    Actually, the term, “gods gift to candida” was something I read posted from a candida forum guru, can’t remember which one.
    Personally I love kefir but can’t drink it unless it has sugar in it. I’m not even at the stage where I can drink kefir anyway.
    Just passing on info that I read on the forum.

jamesb
    Topics: 47

jamesb wrote:

I agree that a food source for vitamins is best especially since kefir is “god’s gift to candida”

Summer

on what basis is kefir gods gift to candida ? as I understand it some people can react well to kefir while others may have to wait longer before introducing it

Summer

I think I may have misunderstood your use of the comment “gods gift to candida”

I initially took it to mean that you may have been suggesting it was a food for candida therefore against the candida diet. Having read your reply I now think you were suggesting as we all think that kefir can be of benefit in the fight against candida. Please accept my apologies.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

A great way to get a more natural ratio of vitamins A and D is to take fermented cod liver oil. The only way to know for certain which vitamins you are deficient in is to get a vitamin/mineral blood test.

-Raster

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

raster wrote: A great way to get a more natural ratio of vitamins A and D is to take fermented cod liver oil. The only way to know for certain which vitamins you are deficient in is to get a vitamin/mineral blood test.

Normal blood levels tend to be low enough that most people meet them whether they’re healthy or not. One study showed that between 60-90% (depending on the vitamin/mineral) of such people had deficiencies, which were quite severe in some cases, when more reliable tests, like those for tissue levels, were done.

I feel the best “supplement” you can take is good digestion. As long as you have absorption problems, you’re probably creating a lot of expensive urine by spending out, so I’m trying to focus on the diet instead. Certain vitamins, like C& E, are always worth taking though.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Vitamin inquiry’ is closed to new replies.