Vitamin D3 dosage

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Vitamin D3 dosage

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Javizy 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

scandigirl
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 2

I copied this from the post about vitamins:

“Take at least 5000 units a day of D3 only in gel form caps for about four weeks. These should always be taken after a meal containing fat and or oil. If your infestation is still very strong after four weeks, continue the 500 IU dosage for another month at least. A maintenance of each vitamin is a good idea following your cure.”

Start with 5000 IU. Continue the 500 IU for another month. Is it 5000 or 500? I don’t understand.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

The most reliable way to dose is to get tested. Some people are extremely deficient and have a hard time storing it, so they require higher doses (this is the logic behind higher initial doses for a few weeks). They’re available online in the UK for £25-35, but I’ve seen some labs charge £90 or more, so it may be cost prohibitive where you are. Most people seem to agree 2000-3000IU is a safe long-term dose. If you live in Northern Europe, 5000IU would probably be okay. Making sure there’s enough vitamin A in your diet avoids potential toxicity.

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

Javizy wrote: The most reliable way to dose is to get tested. Some people are extremely deficient and have a hard time storing it, so they require higher doses (this is the logic behind higher initial doses for a few weeks). They’re available online in the UK for £25-35, but I’ve seen some labs charge £90 or more, so it may be cost prohibitive where you are. Most people seem to agree 2000-3000IU is a safe long-term dose. If you live in Northern Europe, 5000IU would probably be okay. Making sure there’s enough vitamin A in your diet avoids potential toxicity.

Where do they do test for £25-35?

I’m stocked up from a weeks sun exposure at the moment, but am sure the leaky gut has compromised my absorption of it over the past 2-3 years

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

benc wrote: Where do they do test for £25-35?

I’m stocked up from a weeks sun exposure at the moment, but am sure the leaky gut has compromised my absorption of it over the past 2-3 years

http://vitamindtest.org.uk/ (£25)
    http://www.vitamindproject.co.uk/store/vitamins (£35)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Vitamin D3 dosage’ is closed to new replies.