Vitamin C supplement

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Vitamin C supplement

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  dvjorge 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

healinglight
    Participant
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 66

I have been looking for a superior quality Vitamin C supplement which does not give me acid reflux and thus I can raise the dose. But I am not sure of some of the ingredients. I would be very thankful if someone would please suggest if these are okay.

Vitamin C (as Ester-C Calcium Ascorbate) 1,000 mg (1g) 1,667%
    Calcium (as Ester-C Calcium Ascorbate) 110 mg 11%
    Citrus Bioflavonoids Complex
    Citrus Bioflavonoids (Citrus sinensis) (fruit), Sweet Orange, Tangerine, Lime, Lemon, Acerola, Rutin, Hesperidin Complex (Citrus spp.) (fruit), Naturally Occurring Vitamin C Metabolites 200 mg **
    **Daily Value not established.
    Other Ingredients
    Gelatin, vegetable magnesium stearate.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

healinglight;36813 wrote: Vitamin C (as Ester-C Calcium Ascorbate) 1,000 mg (1g) 1,667%
    Calcium (as Ester-C Calcium Ascorbate) 110 mg 11%
    Citrus Bioflavonoids Complex
    Citrus Bioflavonoids (Citrus sinensis) (fruit), Sweet Orange, Tangerine, Lime, Lemon, Acerola, Rutin, Hesperidin Complex (Citrus spp.) (fruit), Naturally Occurring Vitamin C Metabolites 200 mg **
    **Daily Value not established.
    Other Ingredients
    Gelatin, vegetable magnesium stearate.

This sound alright to me.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Bioflavanoids has many health benefits:

“The widespread distribution of flavonoids, their variety and their relatively low toxicity compared to other active plant compounds (for instance alkaloids) mean that many animals, including humans, ingest significant quantities in their diet. Preliminary research indicates that flavonoids may modify allergens, viruses, and carcinogens, and so may be biological “response modifiers”. In vitro studies show that flavonoids also have anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, anti-cancer, and anti-diarrheal activities.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flavonoid

Flavanoids are also good for reducing h. pylori numbers:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21514796

-raster

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

I actually just started taking the exact same vitamin C. The ingredients should be fine and after 4 days on them so far so good.

healinglight
    Participant

Thanx…Able, Raster, and Danny. Will go for it. 🙂

healinglight
    Participant

It is after a very long time that I again need some help with Ester C selection.

I could not order the Ester C due to my probiotics having arrived from the US and their huge price, and Ester C being quite expensive too, but now I intend ordering it as soon as I can.

It just occurred to me as I decided to place the order that since I am allergic to lemons would the formula above with bioflavonoids not aggravate the allergy?

Any comments on this one, and should I then order one without bioflavonoids?

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Vitamin C is very important and has many health benefits including boosting the immunity and supporting the adrenal function.

However, in the case of an active intestinal fungal overgrowth, I don’t advice taking it until the infection be reduced to asymptomatic. The reason is Vitamin C is a sugar acid and 99% of it is made of cane of sugar and corn syrup.

Dr. Bruce Semon, who has written books about CRC, mentions the downside part of Vitamins when we battle candida.

Jorge.

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

Liposomal form Vit C has an absorbtion rate of 95%, so only a few hundred mg’s goes a long way and doesnt irritate intestines (especially already inflamed intestines) or go unabsorbed into the colon where it can benefit the infection.

healinglight
    Participant

Vitamin C is very important and has many health benefits including boosting the immunity and supporting the adrenal function.

However, in the case of an active intestinal fungal overgrowth, I don’t advice taking it until the infection be reduced to asymptomatic. The reason is Vitamin C is a sugar acid and 99% of it is made of cane of sugar and corn syrup.

Dr. Bruce Semon, who has written books about CRC, mentions the downside part of Vitamins when we battle candida.

Thank you Jorge. I have been taking an inferior quality of Vitamin C locally available but I cannot raise the dose above 2000mg since it gave me acid reflux and enamel erosion when I did so. Do you suggest Vitamin C and other Vitamin supplements should be avoided altogether? Vitamin C has helped me cope a lot with seasonal allergies and fevers, and I notice a considerable increase in my energy level since I have added the whole list of Vitamins and minerals given here. Please suggest.

Liposomal form Vit C has an absorbtion rate of 95%, so only a few hundred mg’s goes a long way and doesnt irritate intestines (especially already inflamed intestines) or go unabsorbed into the colon where it can benefit the infection.

Thank you Impossible, does it mean it is better than Ester C? I really am looking for something that heals me better and quicker (I’ve been with Candida from 15 years now!) and I am open to all suggestions.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

I can not say for sure how it will impact your infection. You have to observe it yourself. If you don’t progress or progress too slow, stop it to see.
    I have taken a lot of it without knowing it could be affecting my progress at some point.

Jorge.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Vitamin C supplement’ is closed to new replies.