Vinci's Diary

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Vinci's Diary

This topic contains 26 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Vinci 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Vinci
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 39

Ruth123: I agree about that milk thistle. I’ll stop using it and get another. I couldn’t get hold of the Molybdenum either. For the time being, I’m going to get some nettle, chamomile or rosehip tea – any objections with these?

http://voices.yahoo.com/the-top-detox-teas-using-herbal-teas-during-detoxification-122194.html?cat=5

Able900: I’m actually questioning olive oil in my diet. After that flare up. I felt worse in a negative rather than a positive way. Looking at the nutrition info, it’s very high in fat. I’m working some stuff out at the moment, but currently I want to keep all fat out of my diet, and have a tiny bit of natural sugar if feeling ‘jittery’.

I’ve recently been feeling on and off, but generally better emotionally and with a change in physical symptoms. I’ve had worse diarroeah (and mucousy), and have been jittery. My diet for the last couple of days has been:

– steamed: spinach / cauliflower / brocolli / cabbage / asparagus / lemon / water / milk thistle (will change brand) / 1/4 banana a day (if feeling light headed)

In the past, I’ve gone through this phase to feeling very positive and motivated. I didn’t have an understanding of what the problem could be though, I just knew it was food related, so I slipped back into it easily. I got there by having lots of steamed veggies and raw veggie smoothies, sauerkraut (I believe), and exercising. There could have been more but I didn’t keep a strict diary.

After the inital stages of diarroeah, my lower back area felt very clear and most of my other physical and emotional symptoms started clearing too. Though I soon felt quite weak and had a lot of excess gas, which could have partly caused me to change diet again ..but obviously not the correct way.

I’m going to spend a few days on the above diet, add the herbal tea for detoxing, and see how it goes. If anyone questions or recommends anything, please mention it. Thanks

Vinci

This morning, my tongue had a much larger whiter coating than I’ve ever noticed and the roof of my mouth is itching a lot. I need to know if this is typical with die-off or growth?

The things I added to my diet were oats (organic in hot water), nettle + chamomile tea, and lots of exercise. And I haven’t had any banana or that milk thistle brand.

Looking at oat stats, they’re high in carbohydrates and fat: http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/cereal-grains-and-pasta/5708/2

I feel that the exercise is very beneficial.

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Vinci wrote: This morning, my tongue had a much larger whiter coating than I’ve ever noticed and the roof of my mouth is itching a lot. I need to know if this is typical with die-off or growth?

The things I added to my diet were oats (organic in hot water), nettle + chamomile tea, and lots of exercise. And I haven’t had any banana or that milk thistle brand.

Looking at oat stats, they’re high in carbohydrates and fat: http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/cereal-grains-and-pasta/5708/2

I feel that the exercise is very beneficial.

Hi Vinci,

I don’t think that you are allowed oats, but only oat bran. Is that what you ate?

Arijana

Vinci

They were porridge oats. What is the difference between that and bran and do you know why it’s not recommended?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Oats feeds candida because it contains gluten, starch, and natural sugars. “Bran is the hard outer layer of grain and consists of combined aleurone and pericarp. Along with germ, it is an integral part of whole grains, and is often produced as a by-product of milling in the production of refined grains. When bran is removed from grains, the grains lose a portion of their nutritional value. Bran is present in and may be milled from any cereal grain, including rice, corn (maize), wheat, oats, barley and millet. Bran should not be confused with chaff, which is coarser scaly material surrounding the grain, but not forming part of the grain itself.

Bran is particularly rich in dietary fiber and essential fatty acids and contains significant quantities of starch, protein, vitamins and dietary minerals.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bran

Oat bran is allowed on the diet and not oatmeal. Bananas are not allowed on the diet because they contain about 25g+ of sugar per serving. If you want a good reason why you have oral thrush, I would look no further than the bananas you are feeding to the candida.

-raster

Vinci

I cut out the banana, but had only had half a small banana over the course of a couple of days. I don’t understand why bran is recommended then if it contains a lot of starch. Isn’t this the same as eating starchy vegetables and them breaking down into sugar? And the same with rice – I’ve read that it contains starch.

Vinci

Able: What is the reason for limiting eggs on the detox phase. Is it because there may be toxins present or because of something else? Thanks

orka1998
    Participant

Vinci wrote: Able: What is the reason for limiting eggs on the detox phase. Is it because there may be toxins present or because of something else? Thanks

Hi Vinci,

I don’t think that you need to limit eggs. Eggs are your main source of protein while on detox phase.

Arijana

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Vinci,

Bran is recommended on the diet because it contains prebiotics which feed probiotics. Feeding the beneficial bacteria in your gut is the goal with the diet and prebiotics is the way to go! Oats and rice don’t have prebiotic properties that I am aware of. Bananas do contain FOS (prebiotics) but are high in sugar.

-raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Vinci wrote: Able: What is the reason for limiting eggs on the detox phase. Is it because there may be toxins present or because of something else? Thanks

Hello, Vinci.
    No matter what precautions you or the farmer take, an egg is still an animal product, and any animal product will likely contain toxins and/or at least one strain of unwanted bacteria.
    The goal of a cleanse is to remove as many negative substances from the body as possible, and eating any food that has a possibility of adding any of these is not beneficial to the cleanse. This is why the cleanse on the forum reads, “If you feel that you must have some form of protein to get through your work day, eat one organic egg a day.”
    You can of course have all the eggs you want once you’re on the diet, but the purpose of the cleanse is to remove as many toxins as possible and to avoid adding to the number.

Able

orka1998
    Participant

Sorry, when you said detox, I thought you meant the diet.

Arijana

Vinci

Thanks for clearing that up.

raster wrote: Hello Vinci,

Bran is recommended on the diet because it contains prebiotics which feed probiotics. Feeding the beneficial bacteria in your gut is the goal with the diet and prebiotics is the way to go! Oats and rice don’t have prebiotic properties that I am aware of. Bananas do contain FOS (prebiotics) but are high in sugar.

-raster

raster wrote: Oats feeds candida because it contains gluten, starch, and natural sugars.
    -raster

So the bran in oat bran is a prebiotic, and the gluten, starch and sugar in oats is a problem for the candida.

This is where I’m confused. All the oat brans that I’ve seen, say that they contain gluten. And the nutritional data for oats says it contains no starch or sugar:

Oats: http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/cereal-grains-and-pasta/5708/2
    Oat Bran: http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/cereal-grains-and-pasta/5704/2

Can someone help clear up where the mistake is?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Vinci's Diary’ is closed to new replies.