Very confused and a bit scared!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Very confused and a bit scared!

This topic contains 32 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  shayfo 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author

DaisyG
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

Hello!

I’ve just started a candida diet and to be honest I am terrified! The side effects of the ‘die off’ on this forum far outweigh the way I felt pre diet and are making me wonder if it is worth it. Does everyone have severe symptoms? It would be nice to hear from people hat have had lesser side effects.

As a newbie to this, I am confused as to what supplements i should be taking. I understand that there are pro biotics and anti fungals but should i be taking them at the same time. What is the ideal supplement combination?

Finally, I am running the London Marathon on April 21st- Is it a bad idea to start the candida diet now. Will i feel the positive effects of getting rid of the candida in time?

Sorry for the bombardment of questions, any advice would be really helpful!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

DaisyG;36927 wrote: Hello!

I’ve just started a candida diet and to be honest I am terrified! The side effects of the ‘die off’ on this forum far outweigh the way I felt pre diet and are making me wonder if it is worth it. Does everyone have severe symptoms? It would be nice to hear from people hat have had lesser side effects.

Are you taking the proper supplements which would lessen the effect of the die-off toxins?
    You should have started these three days before starting the diet.
    Die-off Symptoms & Supplements

As a newbie to this, I am confused as to what supplements i should be taking. I understand that there are pro biotics and anti fungals but should i be taking them at the same time. What is the ideal supplement combination?

We have a forum protocol which explains all of this; which supplements to take, the dosage, and how often to take them. There is a lot of reading, but it’s the only way you’re going to know what to do for your infestation.
    Forum Protocol
    We also have a strict diet which is available to the members. If you’d like to have a the link, just let me know.

Finally, I am running the London Marathon on April 21st- Is it a bad idea to start the candida diet now. Will i feel the positive effects of getting rid of the candida in time?

That’s much too soon if you have a mild to severe case of Candida overgrowth. You can postpone the treatment if you wish, but during that time period, the infestation is only going to grow worse.

What are your Candida symptoms and how long have you had the infestation? If you’re already experiencing severe die-off, then your infestation is probably severe as well, and it takes a very long time to cure a severe Candida infestation.

Able

DaisyG

Thank you very much for your help!
    My symptoms are itchy skin rashes under my breasts and upper leg area, general lethargy and also brain fog and oral thrush. I also get big sweet cravings in the afternoon.
    I will definitely get reading- I suppose I need to start slowly and not shock my system as i can’t back out of the marathon now!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Plan on a 6-18 month timeline to get over candida overgrowth.

-raster

DaisyG

Thank you. Will this mean die off symptoms for that period of time?

DaisyG

Sorry, one more question. If i lapse off the candida diet occasionally, does it mean I’m back to square one or just set me back a bit?
    Thanks

Clare_
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 134

Re: die of — it varies, but usually bad die off only lasts a few weeks or up to a month (if you follow the strict diet and the candida does not grow).

Re: cheating — if you cheat, you feed the candida, it grows, and then you must kill it again (with more die off). How much it grows depends on how much you cheat. I doubt it will put you back to square one, but it will if you cheat a lot.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

If you do the strict forum diet and try out the protocol, you should likely get over die-off in 2-4 weeks. Some people get perpetual never ending die-off because they feed the candida over and over again and don’t support their liver. You need to protect the liver and kidneys, otherwise you’ll have something else to treat later on.

-raster

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

You might want to just start by trying to cut out all simple carbs. I started by eliminating sugar and bread from my diet. I also started doing garlic. That may be enough to get you started until after the marathon and then do the strict diet after that. I don’t think that I had terrible die-off but then I think that my issues may have not been as bad. I did, however, have a couple of weeks where things were kind of tough. Good luck dear!

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

If you do the strict forum diet and try out the protocol, you should likely get over die-off in 2-4 weeks. Some people get perpetual never ending die-off because they feed the candida over and over again and don’t support their liver.

I must respectfully add that this was not my experience. I’d been purposely not commenting on this thread because I didn’t want to scare the poster any further. I have followed the forums protocol since last May. I cheated in December of last year. Other then that I have not cheated on the diet. (except two days ago while sick with the flue I had puffed rice almond milk and some delivered thai soup) I have been sick with die off or general lack of energy and feeling yuckie since May.

I have supported my liver, started with a cleanse, take milk thistle, and chelated molybedenium. I go to acupuncture regularly and drink lots of water.

I’m not stopping my treatment because I feel it’s helping me. Somedays I get flashes of what it might feel like to be a healthy happy person. I’m not ruling out an underlining condition. I have seen over 25 doctors since my body started failing me almost 20 years ago, and not one of them mentioned yeast or candida.

I think it’s possible for this to take much longer then 2-4 weeks.

mrs.candida

After giving it some thought, I believe the reason why my experience on the diet is more intense is because of my weight.

The main symptom that got me motivated to deal with my candida was uncontrollable weight gain. In the beginning of this process I was carrying around approximately 70 lbs. of fat. I’m thinking the reason why my body was storing so much fat may point to the amount of toxins it was dealing with. I’ve always read that the body stores toxins in it’s fat. I believe this because I was eating 1200 calories a day for months and did a couple of doctor assisted weight programs, and was unable to lose weight.

I started the diet in May of 2012, and didn’t really see much weight loss until December. Between the months of December- February I lost 50 lbs. Eating the exact same diet all along. There’s no other explanation for my weight loss other then healing of my gut, and killing candida.

I’d love to hear from others who have had the symptom of weight gain as opposed to weight loss. Do you think you may have had more die off then most?

shayfo
    Replies: 668

I’m probably still 40-50 pounds overweight, after losing 18-20ish pounds during the cleanse. I’ve been plateaued at my current weight since the second or third week (I’m 10 weeks in, currently). I don’t know if I had more die-off than anyone else. My cravings subsided on the 4th or 5th day of the cleanse, for the most part. The most intense stuff happened in the first two weeks, and the majority of it was pretty much over by the end of the first month. Mostly headaches, body odor, detox-y smelling bowel movements, wanting to sleep a lot, itchy eyes, light-headedness before I started the MAAC (I didn’t do everything in the right order). I still notice little things, but not much, and it may be because I’ve stopped taking MAAC every day that I feel anything at all.

All of that said, I’m only 26, so I probably haven’t had a candida overgrowth as long as you have, Mrs C, so I might just have less to kill.

I’m curious to see if I start losing weight again at some point. Since I’ve started exercising again (in really small amounts), I guess it would be difficult to attribute it solely to one thing. Also, I’m pretty sure my thyroid has been jacked since I was a young teenager, so future weight loss could potentially be attributed to its recovery (or, I hope it recovers).

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

I must respectfully add that this was not my experience … I think it’s possible for this to take much longer then 2-4 weeks.

I have to agree with you, Mrs. Candida. I just replied to a message yesterday that I took the Molybdenum off and on for a few months; not constantly, but many times I would experience the old familiar feeling of the die-off building and would take either the Molybdenum or Candidate quickly to prevent it getting worse.

There is no way to safely predict how long an individual will experience the die-off symptoms simply because there are too many variances, such as; length of infestation, the precise supplements that a person takes and when, cheating, the size of the Candida population, etc.

Able

mrs.candida

Shay,

One of the things that changed in my regime in the beginning of December was Biotin. I had just added it in, then I slowly increased my dosage. I believe it helped me to dry up, and most of the weight I lost was water. I thought I’d put that out there just in case you weren’t taking it.

I’m sure your thyroid will recover, and you’ll loose more weight. I just keep focusing on the body’s amazing ability to heal itself.

shayfo
    Replies: 668

Yeah, I’m not worried about my weight currently, since my body has more important things to do than worry itself about starving, which I think it would do if I was actually making any weight loss efforts for the time being.

I’m not taking biotin, but I might start. The internet says nutritional yeast and cauliflower both contain a good amount of it, and I eat those regularly, but it also says alcohol consumption can deplete it, and I drank a lot last year. It probably wouldn’t hurt to supplement for a while.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Very confused and a bit scared!’ is closed to new replies.