Very confused about safe food list

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Very confused about safe food list

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

SRiley003
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 1

Hi all,

I am on week 8 of the “strict” diet and after reading on the forum, I’m confused about if I’ve been doing this wrong and could really use some help.

I thought I was in phase 1, but I’ve been eating tomatoes (in moderation), non-fat organic yogurt (1 serving daily), buckwheat (porridge/flour in bread/sprouted), almond meal flour, millet flour (in moderation), coconut flour, red peppers, butter (in moderation and only mostly when I’m doing bread), and kefir (I just started this 1 week ago and no bad reactions). Last week I made the granola on the website and have been eating that too for a sweet tooth.

Of course I’m eating tons of leafy greens, lean proteins, and I’ve been vigilant with antifungals and probiotics and have been going off of the safe food list on the main website. But I didn’t buy the book, so I don’t know if there is a difference between safe foods now and safe foods later.

Now I’m reading in the forum and seeing a lot of people saying they waited to introduce these foods until phase 2. Am I doing this wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Sarah

nth714
    Participant
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 19

The website and book is different from what most people are doing on this forum. Most of them follow a different protocol which was created by one or two of the members. The thing is if you Google ‘Candida treatment’ you will find that no two programs are alike. Some will allow certain foods or supplements while others may not. It’s confusing as hell but really the only thing you can do is see to which food you can tolerate by trial and error.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Its kinda up to you on whether you want to get strict or not. The diet alone won’t cure you.

-raster

SRiley003
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 1

I’d like to be as strict as needed and I thought up till now that I was, based on the information I’ve read. So it’s very discouraging to think maybe this time has been wasted.

To be “strict,” which of these things need to be taken out altogether? I’ve checked out your safe foods list as well, Raster, and it looks like these are allowed in phase 1…but, I’m reading from other posts that maybe they aren’t?

I guess I’m just not sure what to do at this point and don’t want to have to start all over again after being in this far.

Thanks for the help.

Sarah

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

SRiley003;60697 wrote: I’d like to be as strict as needed and I thought up till now that I was, based on the information I’ve read. So it’s very discouraging to think maybe this time has been wasted.

To be “strict,” which of these things need to be taken out altogether? I’ve checked out your safe foods list as well, Raster, and it looks like these are allowed in phase 1…but, I’m reading from other posts that maybe they aren’t?

I guess I’m just not sure what to do at this point and don’t want to have to start all over again after being in this far.

Thanks for the help.

Sarah

You don’t need to start over ever while doing this, you just need to adjust and then things will get better typically.

-raster

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Very confused about safe food list’ is closed to new replies.