Very confused about meat intake

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Very confused about meat intake

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  lbrenner800 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

lbrenner800
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 8

It’s taken me a good few weeks but I’ve finally sorted out my diet, I’ve kicked my fruit and nut addictions and I’m eating a lot of vegetables and I’ve got all my supplements down. The last thing I’m having trouble figuring out is meat, and how much I should be eating.

I’ve been experimenting with quantities to see if too much makes me feel bad, and I’ve found that it does. If I have large amounts of chicken at once my stomach feels uncomfortable and I can get a bit bloated. Fish makes me feel a lot better than chicken.

So, I was thinking I should be having about 20% meat and 80% vegetables. Does that sound right? Is chicken okay for candida/leaky gut? And correct me if I’m wrong but I think fish is better, so I should have more fish than chicken right? I also use chicken bones to make bone broth

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You should have meat, starches, and vegetables. Don’t forget the starches and pairing it with the meat. Well rounded meals have all 3 of these items. You could maybe split that chicken up across the day and see if that helps. Meat is generally OK for leaky gut…you’ll get a reaction if its not ok. Fish might be better but keep in mind that some fish contain heavy metals, so its the type of fish thats important.

-raster

lbrenner800
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 8

raster;51984 wrote: You should have meat, starches, and vegetables. Don’t forget the starches and pairing it with the meat. Well rounded meals have all 3 of these items. You could maybe split that chicken up across the day and see if that helps. Meat is generally OK for leaky gut…you’ll get a reaction if its not ok. Fish might be better but keep in mind that some fish contain heavy metals, so its the type of fish thats important.

-raster

Okay, which foods are starches? Would that be grains, cause I don’t tolerate those, I tried all of them from rice to quinoa to buckwheat and none of them work.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Very confused about meat intake’ is closed to new replies.