Veggie diet

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Veggie diet

This topic contains 29 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  kodaz2005 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

Anyone try a veggie diet for a week or so to help get rid of candidia, sibo, bloating, etc? I was thinkin of trying it soon

Makingchanges
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 43

Hi Moochpb,

My Doc has me on mostly veg and for protein fish/shell fish only and heavier proteins once a month because of them being harder on the digestive system.
    My Docs idea is to keep everything easy on the stomach for the first eight weeks while flooding the stomach with the good bacteria/probiotics to get rid of the badies.
    If you have problems with digestion then I don’t think a week will do it unfortunately.
    I know it’s very hard first up as my whole daily routine right now seems to evolve around being creative about what I can eat, otherwise I just get so bored with it all that I don’t even want to eat. Looking forward to the bigger picture seems to help me to stick to it though.
    Hope this helps,
    Cheers.

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

As in vegetarian, or as in vegetables-only, like the cleanse?

1533jd
    Topics: 46
    Replies: 112

Hi everyone,

I myself have thought about cutting out meat. I havent really noticed if it affects me (baring in mind Im pretty good at monitoring myself!) but seeing that my progress is very slow I think perhaps giving it a go might have to be a must sooner or later.

@Makingitchanges – Hi there! I was just wondering how do you make things interesting when your cooking with veggies and generally just eating veggies?
    I’ve discovered and made Kale chips with himalayan salt which was yum and tried roasting brussel sprouts which was…ok to say the least, but I just feel I need something to just get my tastebuds going a bit and nourishing or fun! Would you possibly be able to give some tips?!

JD

moochpb

mostly a cleanse. My diet has been high protein with organic chicken. turkey, some bison, and now eggs are reacting with me. My bloating and reflux is not getting better and my stomach is hurting me after I eat anything for the past few days. Im very skinny so going on veggies only for more then a week will not be healthy for me considering my body fat is like 4 or 5 percent for a 31 year old male. I added Pau Darco a few days ago with my other antifungals so Idk if thats giving me a reaction or if I had too many trace minerals with chia seeds too fast.

moochpb

Do you eat buckwheat or anything making changes? Quinoa or anything?

mygutleaks
    Participant
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 166

I’m doing a meat and veggie diet, no fruits except a little coconut, no grains or seeds. even took out almonds for a while. my SIBO seems gone. i think that took about 3 weeks of just meat & veggies.

moochpb

i ve been eating meat, veggies, yogurt, and coconut bread. Thats about it. But something upset me this week and its been two days of worse stomach pain.

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

I had that same problem with oregano oil and just had to quit. I know it is really good but it was hurting my stomach and giving me terrible acid. Maybe you are reacting to the Pau D’arco Mooch.

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

Just a side note.

Anybody with leaky gut should be rotating their foods.
    Meaning if you eat chicken on Monday, you should not eat it again until Saturday/Sunday. If you eat too much of the same foods it may cause severe issues.

I myself was getting stomach pains, rash on face, and other issues when eating same foods every day. This goes for all foods (Meat, Veg, seeds, etc.)

moochpb

it sucks man. I eat chicken sometimes twice a day, I need protein and thats the only way other then a whey shake sometimes.Greek yogurt is good too. ANy other ideas for protein?

Makingchanges

Moocpb,
    I’m not allowed any buckwheat or nuts just yet. Coconut flour and almond meal are the only things I can have so I made crepes with coconut flour.

2 eggs
    2 tablespoons coconut oil
    1 teaspoon Lakanto ( http://www.bodyecology.com )
    1/8 teaspoon of salt
    2 tablespoons coconut flour
    1/3 cup coconut milk

Start by mixing the eggs with the oil,Lakanto and salt.
    Then add the flour and mix well with a whisk
    Stir in the coconut milk and then with a stick blender, blend until the mixture is at a smoother consistency. This will make your crepes less fibreous because coconut flour can be that way. I guess if you want to make more savoury crepes you could try leaving out the lakanto and add some spices you like or add some herbs.
    Then heat your olive oil in the pan and ladel a thin layer of the mixture and let cook until it bubbles then turn.

I also make myself a chia seed pudding sometimes with chia seeds, coconut milk, vanilla and Lakanto. Just mix all, let set and eat.

I mix half almond milk and half coconut milk with vanilla and lakanto to taste for a sweet drink treat.

I make my own home made mayo to have with a salad and avacado which is baby spinach, rocket,perino tomatoes (small ones), cucumber, onions and if you have to… some tuna.

You can make yourself a protein shake with the drink above, a scoop of bodyecology vitality greens powder and one egg yolk…I guess you could do the whole egg but I couldn’t stand the thought of having the white raw.

Garlic prawns with a tomato based sauce and add whatever herbs you like and have it on a bed of spinach or whatever veg you like.

Fish with lemon and vegies.

Chicken broth and zucchini soup:-
    Boil Chicken carcases with onions and drain all bones and any meat
    Add chopped zucchini,tumeric, salt and curry powder to taste (not to overpower)
    Simmer until zucchini is soft then with a stick blender in the pot, blend until it has a creamy like consistency. Put back to heat and simmer until it has reduced enough to the flavour you like. This soup ends up quite rich and seems creamy although it isn’t. You could also drizzle some egg whites mixed with a little water into a more watery/stock type of soup to give it some body.

Hope thats enought to give you some ideas. 🙂

Makingchanges

And I also slice zucchinis and eggplants and lay them on a pizza tray with holes in it that has been preheated with olive oil then spinkle with dried garlic, salt and spices of choice. Cook on about 180c and turn often until a bit crunchy.
    Then this is my base for tomato, avacado and onion snacks. Very tasty, Just wrap and eat!

moochpb

thanks for the recipes. I feel the meat is hurting me a bit so I m gonna back off a little. Im on day 75, but I eat chicken, some beef, turkey, veggies, sunflower nut butter, yogurt, and coconut bread. Im on three antifungals and probiotics. I sometimes worry because Im not getting much better however I haven’t been sick or had a sinus infection since I started. Which I got sick every three weeks it seemed plus sinus infections every two months with crazy antibiotics. No skin infections either since the diet. So I guess the last to go is my digestive tract which is gut dysbiosis. I worry sometimes that its cancer because I get so bloated but I got an upper endoscope done with nothing found other then mild reflux. I really don’t want a colonoscopy since I m 31 and haven’t had bad pain in my stomach or blood or anything. I just want this gone I guess lol. Its ruining my life right now and so for the past 7 months. Getting retested in 3 weeks

Makingchanges

I know it feels like it’s ruining your life but think of the outcome. This can only do you good and I too get depressed about it. I always have to be home to eat which ruins the social life a bit…A bit! who am I kidding…a lot!
    Its sounds to me like you are overdoing the meat and feeling bloated all the time from it would makes sense because you probably arent digesting it fast enough before you are putting more in. I imagine that would cause a few issues. I know how you feel about the losing weight problem because I too have lost heaps of weight. And not having the energy to work out means that I am losing muscle also. Being female has it’s advantages there though I guess more than you and I understand this would be confronting. I read that coconut flour has loads of protein so try adding a spoonful of this to the smoothie and use coconut cream in it too for more body.
    If you have been told that everything else is fine then try not to worry and see if backing down on the meat helps you. After all, if you want to be well, isn’t that more important than looking buff right now. You will be able to get back to that eventually but in a more healthier way. What helps me is searching the net for any little tips I can get. Look at recipes and see how you can convert them with the things you can have by substituting with coconut flour, almond meal and allowed sweeteners like stevia, and lakanto. I know this is hard…we are all here to support each other. Try be proactive in your journey and take charge instead of letting it beat you down. Before you know it, you’ll have heaps of recipes on file (I keep all mine in a word doc to print out when needed) and things will look brighter and you’ll begin to feel better.
    Cheers 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Veggie diet’ is closed to new replies.