Vegetarian Newbie with Candida symptons.

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Vegetarian Newbie with Candida symptons.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Vegan Candida Diet 8 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

dinkydo
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hi everyone I have just registered with this forum and am hoping I can get some help on here and maybe help others along the way also. For as long as I can remember I have been suffering from digestive problems in fact my mother says even as a baby I never “fed well”. I was diagnosed with having Fibromyalgia almost 3 years ago as I had been feeling so unwell with aches and pains, extreme tiredness, headaches, fuzzy head, feeling bloated and have been taking antidepressants since my son was born almost 12 years ago. Prior to that I had been on and off various antidepressants most of my adult life. I have done a lot of research and think perhaps a lot of my problems could be stemming from my digestion problems and think I may have Leaky Gut and/or Candidiasis. I have been Vegetarian for many years and also dont like eggs and avoid diary products so can any suggest or advise me what I actually can eat and what is the best supplement to take that doesnt cost a fortune. A lot of companies have supplement programmes that range in cost from £120 – £180 approx wich claim to clear up Candida problems but I just cannot afford this so any little bit of advice would be much appreciated.

Carole

yeastfix
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

I really sounds like your symptoms are yeast related.
    In terms of your diet, what do you eat? I know that you’re a vegtarian, but how would you discribe your diet? Do you eat fish?
    There are plenty of things you can still eat, even though you’re a veggie, in fact… this could make things even easier for you. Let us know what you do eat, and I’ll try to come up with some diet ideas and recipes for you.

Look foward to hearing from you.

Barbara 🙂

dinkydo
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hi there Barbara. I dont eat fish and only eat minimal dairy products as I am a strict vegetarian. I usually make my own stews with pulses, chickpeas, spices and other vegetables and do eat a lot of fruit. I had to stop eating porridge as I found it was making me feel really bloated and it also gave me stomach ache. I take soya milk if I am having breakfast cereal and have cut back on coffee which I now only have occassionally. I look forward to your diet ideas and recepies.

Many thanks

Carole

Vegan Candida Diet
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

Hi there, I see this post is kind of old, but if you are still struggling with this, or if anyone else is looking for advice about being on the candida diet as a vegetarian, you may want to have a look at my blog: vegancandidadiet.blogspot.com

I should note that everything I know about this diet comes from the internet and the info packet that came with my cleanse pills. I fall into the “all doctors think my condition is hopeless and don’t really care” category, so I’m approaching this all alone. For this reason I’ve been stricter than some of the diet plans I’ve seen, because a lot of information on websites seems misguided, advising for example that you cut out yeast but still continue eating things like rice, honey, etc. – which as far as I know is completely wrong! I suppose the best way to start is to be as strict as possible, stocking up on all the things you know definitely ARE acceptable.

Unfortunately, the diet has been really expensive for me. I’ve splurged quite a lot on nut butters, oils like coconut and hempseed, and of course all these fresh vegetables in the middle of a cold northern winter. Quinoa and amaranth are really great for the vegan candida diet follower, but they can also be expensive. Fortunately pretty much any health food store or yuppie grocery store will have these “grains” (actually seeds as far as I’m aware) in their bulk bins, so buying them that way is a great way to save money. Quinoa especially is the kind of product you’ll see marked up to insane prices in a lot of stores, but you’re just paying for extra and snazzy packaging.

I know that it’s easier said than done, but I do advise that if you go on this diet you commit yourself fully and spend more than you’d ideally like to. You’re going to be very hungry, plagued with unbearable cravings, so you really should surround yourself with as much candida-diet-friendly food as possible. Being on this diet will mean not eating out at all, which depending on your current habits should offset some of your spending costs.

Just a little tip – I’ve taken to keeping chopped up celery sticks in my fridge at all times, which I dip in hummus or nut butter as a snack. Having this on hand all the time is a great way to deal with my cravings for sugar or snack foods, because it’s one of the few things I eat that doesn’t require lots of advance preparation! Avocados are also great to keep on hand for snacking or for adding to otherwise bland salads.

Best of luck!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Vegetarian Newbie with Candida symptons.’ is closed to new replies.