Veges and Water

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Veges and Water

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

SirFabsalot
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 7

All,

A couple of fundamental questions, which stem from contradicting information I have read on this forum/site and other places on the web –

1) Should we be eating more cooked vegetables (lost nutrients, but easier to digest?) or raw?
    2) Should we be drinking water during meals (dilutes stomach acid, but gives the stomach contents sufficient fluidity to get through the pyloric valve into the duodenum

Pretty fundamental questions – currently I do not drink near meals, and eat 50-50 cooked/raw.

SF

SirFabsalot

Hi, can anyone provide some guidance on my questions above?

Raster? Able?

kodaz2005
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 172

I asked this same question a couple of days ago. Able says Raw is better.

I have a high end juicer that I use that makes all veges super smooth, so I imagine that makes them relatively easier for our bodies to digest even though they are raw.

SirFabsalot

cool, thanks a lot – does the juicer give you just the “juice” or all the fibre as well?

kodaz2005
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 172

I acutally use a Vitamix. It’s a blender that is designed to make smoothies and all different types of sauces, soups, etc. I took a class on Juicing through Williams Sonoma earlier this year. They had all different types of juicing machines at the class.

The juicing machines separate the juice and remove the fiber. My feeling is I would be missing out on something good, so I thought the vitamix made more sense as you get everything. It was rather pricey, but I used many blenders previously that were a nightmare to use. Once you start throwing in brussel sprouts broccoli and other things they would jam up.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

SirFabsalot;30094 wrote: All,

A couple of fundamental questions, which stem from contradicting information I have read on this forum/site and other places on the web –

1) Should we be eating more cooked vegetables (lost nutrients, but easier to digest?) or raw?

Sometimes raw vegetables are more difficult to break down during digestion. I would consider either juicing the vegetables or steaming them very lightly.

2) Should we be drinking water during meals (dilutes stomach acid, but gives the stomach contents sufficient fluidity to get through the pyloric valve into the duodenum

Drinking very small sips of water during the meal to aid in getting the food down easily isn’t going to hurt anything, otherwise, drink your water before and after a meal.

Pretty fundamental questions – currently I do not drink near meals, and eat 50-50 cooked/raw.

Keep in mind that when you’re well hydrated before the digestion processes begin you will digest your food faster and more efficiently, and you’ll experience less of a digestive delay including constipation than a less hydrated individual will.

Able

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Veges and Water’ is closed to new replies.