Vegan and Candida

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Vegan and Candida

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Betelgeuse 1 year ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Betelgeuse
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Hi there,

I’ve been vegan for about a year now, initially switching to veganism believing it would cure my digestive and bloating issues. However, honestly the high-carb fruit diet just left me tired and even more bloated ALL the time…
    Couldn’t quite pinpoint what was wrong; however, just this week, discovered I have candida and now am switching over to eliminate fruit and non-allowed foods on the candida diet (while also including antifungals and probiotics).

Since I still want to continue being vegan on this candida diet, are there any vegans out there that can provide some advice on what to eat?

I’ve been reading some vegan&candida blogs for the past few days, and they all say tofu and/or beans are allowed as a source of protein during Stage 1. I’ve read that tofu(soy) and beans are a specific food we should AVOID on this diet. I’m extremely confused and would love some advice.
    Seriously the only thing keeping me alive right now are almonds, oat bran, buckwheat, and coconut flakes…
    I feel incredibly weak & unsatisfied with my meals, but also understand it may be the die-off reaction.

Thanks

georgie
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 6

Hi I am also a vegan who has Candida and also sever IBS and your symptoms sound like IBS as well as Candida.

There are vegan FOD map diets which really helped with my IBS (you do the FOD map diet for a month) I also used VSL3 (which the book from this page recomends and itโ€™s really helped) now that itโ€™s under control I am doing the Candida diet and in phase one.

Not sure if you can do both diets at the same time, does any one know?

georgie
    Participant

Also I forgot to mention that although Veganisum has been proven to be the healthiest diet, (dietitian also told me this based on a lot of new research) if you have IBS the healthier you eat the more your IBS plays up, so the fod map diet helps your Ibs to become under control. I also saw a nutritionist and she said that she has cured many patients using the Candida diet so there is hope ๐Ÿ™‚ .

As for the beans and other food I would love to know if we can eat them too.

Betelgeuse
    Participant

Hey georgie,

Thanks so much for your response. Glad to know there are still some strong vegan’s out there who are also suffering with these issues.
    I did some research on IBS and the symptoms all match up with mine, so I think you’re right. Did eating the vegan FODmaps food help alleviate your bloating and digestion issues? Are there any foods you’d recommend skipping(particularly fruit)?

The reason for the fruit question is because I previously followed a high carb fruit based diet and my bloating still remained (actually pretty much worsened). I’m a bit terrified to try any fruit at this point since I’ve read it’s supposed to feed the candida. What’s your take on this?

Best,

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

If you want to eat fruits on the diet, stick to low sugar fruits like blueberries or strawberries. And make sure that you eat some fats and protein with them, instead of just eating them alone. For example, plain yogurt with blueberries and nuts is a great breakfast.

1 user thanked author for this post.

georgie
    Participant

I completly understand that, I kept away from all fruit apart from raspberries and blueberrys.
    Also Stevia is aloud on both diets but I don’t know why its aloud on the candida diet, does anyone know, is it because it doesn’t feed the candida?

I stayed away from peanuts but eat hazelnuts, walnuts which are also aloud on both diets.

There are more recipes than you think that we can make.. homemade breakfast bars, curry, coconut curry, tofu scramble and more.

last thing I stayed away from is coffee and tea. There are alternatives you can have which are ok.

Apart from that I followed the FODmap and made all other changes when I started the candida diet.

Hemp protein and Huel helped me keep up my protein. The vanilla flavour huel is natural and taste nice. Would not recommend getting the 100 percent plain it was not nice at all. Its important to know that we need to start on a tiny amount and build out way up. (helps the gut microbial adjust)

Vegan Fodmap cookbook is really good.

It is hard but what got me through ad is still getting me through the candida diet is thinking one day at a time and if I make a mistake thats ok don’t be hard on yourself just keep doing what you are doing because you are still making massive positive changes.

With IBS you can you refered to see a dietition on the NHS.

I am sorry for all the information I know know how hard it is expecially as a vegan.

georgie
    Participant

and yes it is always nice to speak to a fellow vegan ๐Ÿ™‚

Betelgeuse
    Participant

Georgie- From what I’ve read, Stevia isn’t processed the same as artificial and natural sugars and doesn’t actually feed the candida. I believe Stevia is the only allowed sweetener on this diet. But I’ve read to try and use the pure liquid Stevia without any alcohol.
    Thanks again for your recommendations. I’m trying to eliminate as many foods as I can without severely starving because I’m so sick of brain fog and bloating/indigestion!
    Are there any supplements you highly recommend taking? So far I’m taking Black Walnut & Wormwood, Oil of Oregano, Pau D’Arco, HCl, Milk Thistle, Apple Cider Vinegar, Probiotics and waiting for my order of Swedish Bitters.
    It sounds a little crazy, but I’m going all in on this thing.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Vegan and Candida’ is closed to new replies.