Vanilla / Organic milk

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Vanilla / Organic milk

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Littleone 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Littleone
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 8

Is there any safe vanilla extract that we can use for baking the coconut muffins? And, are we supposed to completely stay away from any kind of milk even organic? I don’t drink milk but just curious about adding it to a recipe.

I bought a Bulgarian yogurt by White Mountain that has no artificial hormones, non-fat probiotic (up to 90 billion CFU per serving). Ingredients are: Grade A pasteurized non-fat milk and live cultures (L. Acidophilus, L. Bulgaricus, S. Thermophilus, B. Bifidum) Label also reads no thickeners, stabilizers or added sugars and stores in a glass jar. I want to make sure it’s safe to eat.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Littleone,

Vanilla extract, despite it having alcohol, won’t set you back too much. However, if possible use raw vanilla bean; its much stronger and doesn’t contain alcohol.

Stay away from all milk; almond milk may be a good alternative as well as hemp milk. Don’t drink soy milk because soy isn’t allowed.

If possible switch to greek yogurt and don’t have regular yogurt. I am unsure why greek yogurt is better, but I think its health benefits outweigh the consequences. I also think it may have a more pure form of milk in it. I am sorta curious about why greek yogurt is better!?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Littleone wrote: Is there any safe vanilla extract that we can use for baking the coconut muffins? And, are we supposed to completely stay away from any kind of milk even organic? I don’t drink milk but just curious about adding it to a recipe.
    I bought a Bulgarian yogurt by White Mountain that has no artificial hormones, non-fat probiotic (up to 90 billion CFU per serving). Ingredients are: Grade A pasteurized non-fat milk and live cultures (L. Acidophilus, L. Bulgaricus, S. Thermophilus, B. Bifidum) Label also reads no thickeners, stabilizers or added sugars and stores in a glass jar. I want to make sure it’s safe to eat.

I couldn’t find a list of the ingredients for the yogurt you mentioned, but based on what you wrote, it seems fine.

Fage organic Greek yogurt is an excellent brand, and it’s probably cheaper than the one you mentioned.

You can drink coconut milk, but definitely try it as a test food first. A lot of people can drink almond milk, the type with no sugar added, again, a test food item.

To avoid the alcohol used to extract the vanilla for liquid extracts, you can purchase the actual vanilla beans and use these. McCormick’s has a good one called “Madagascar Vanilla Beans” which is the pure vanilla. The beans are normally between 3 and 5 inches long, sometimes longer. On the average, 1 inch of the bean will equal 1 teaspoon of vanilla flavoring. You can cut the bean into any length in order to obtain the correct measurement of vanilla. To remove the tiny vanilla beans, slice the bean down the side with a sharp knife, open the bean, and just scrape the seeds out into your mixture with the knife, you can then add the empty bean if you wish to. Infuse for about ten minutes and then remove the vanilla bean at the end when time is up, the small black seeds will remain in the mixture. When you open the little jar, you’ll know that it’s the real thing, the aroma is simply delicious.

Able

Littleone
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 8

Thanks to both of you : ) I should’ve asked before I went to the farmer’s market since it’s about 1 1/2 away! I can’t wait to make the coconut muffins. I made the coconut bread today and it was delicious. Since I’m a bread lover, I felt back to normal today since it was very filling.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Vanilla / Organic milk’ is closed to new replies.