Vaginal yest infection that wont go away

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Vaginal yest infection that wont go away

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Banshee 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Aka
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Hi! Im getting so desperate I dont now what I should do.
    A little less then a year ago i got vagianal yest infection and searched for help. Nothing seemed to work and no one could really tell me what it was. They kept upping the doses of medicine but nothing happened. For a month it dissappeared but it came back because my doctor prescribed me new birthcontrol without telling me this could be bad. I kept searching for help and no one could help me.
    After googling I found this site and decided to give it a shot if nothing else helped, and im now about three weeks in.

The yeast infection is the only real sympthom I have and the only thing I care about getting ride of. Still nothing happened. I didnt do the detox thou, because Im very skinny and are terrified of loosing weight. Otherwise I kept strict to the diet and trying to find remedies here in Europe that could work as well as the one I read about here.

My problem is I’m starting to get really depressed. I feel like this is giving me nothing to live for. I can’t have sex with my boyfriend since I have pain almost every day and even thou he’s very sweet about it It’s killing me. A year without sex is a really long time for a couple..
    I’m under 25 and my life is traveling, partying, eating out and enjoying the stuff I want to do. Now I can’t do anything and I’m so worried that this wont go away, and if It does that I wont ever be able to go back to my old lifestyle.

I’m just depserate for any tips, stories or whatever that this is just a small amount of time in my life and that I will be able to go back to my normal life. Because staying on the candidadiet for a long time is not an option for me. That is not a way I can possibly live my life. I just want to be normal again.

//Aka

zarina
    Participant
    Replies: 3

I know, me too. Hugs to you, I hope you find something that works

Seashell
    Participant
    Topics: 3

To start off – I feel you. I’m under 25 and supposed to be having the time of my life, I had recurring yeast infections for about a year before I went on the diet, my relationship with my boyfriend and my self esteem has taken a big turn due to us not being able to have a healthy sex life. I’m currently transitioning out of the diet and I’ve been infection free for about four, almost five months so I will try to help you.

Do you take antifungals/probiotics? This will help you to get rid of the infection. And when choosing probiotics, keep an eye out for how many billion viable cells per capsule they contain, there’s no use in spending money on probiotics that have next to no effect.

When it comes to sex, my tips is instead of him entering you, experiment with other kinds of sex, like oral and just touching each other. This is a way to have some kind of sex life when penetrative sex is impossible due to the pain. DO NOT have sex if you feel pain, it will only make your infection worse and you could develop chronic pain when having sex (I unfortunately did, and TRUST ME you do not want to get that…)

Actually, are you sure your infection is the only thing causing pain? If you’re in pain everyday (not itching and burning, but actual pain) it could be possible that you’ve developed some form of Vulvodynia. I would see an ob-gyn if I were you, if only to confirm that the infection if your only problem.

As someone who made it through and is starting to transition back – let me tell you, it has been so worth it. My sex life still isn’t good, but the first time you sucessfully have sex again, the first time you go out to a restaurant, the first pizza you order home… It’s incredible to be able to have that again. You will appreciate it so much more. And if you find that you trigger the infection again or feel some kind of discomfort, you just take a step back and try to eat healthy again. Trial and error. I’m confident that you can get through this! If you have any questions I’d be happy to answer them, we who have those problems have got to stick together and help each other. 🙂

hollyweird666
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Does anyone of you have an IUD put in? Because I was like you, the only thing I had problem with was the constant vaginal problems, I had itchiness, burning and constant brown shit and wetness coming out of my vagina, I was only “good” for a few days a month. I tried the Candida diet but it was way to hard for me so I decided to just take the IUD out and immediately I felt like a new person! No problems whatsoever! The only downside is that you have to use condoms instead, but it’s worth it! I have also tried pills and stuff before and that doesn’t work either, it seems like everything you take or put in to your body as a women not to get pregnant will give you some bad symptoms if you’re sensitive. Try to be completely clean of all those things and see what happens. It’s very annoying to me that the gynecologists don’t say to stop the birth control and use condoms but instead just give antibiotics every time you get a heist infection, that will only make it worse!

Seashell
    Participant
    Topics: 3

I had a copper IUD put in 7 months after the infection started, and I don’t think it had anything to do with it at all. I’ve heard before about people with IUD’s having trouble with yeast infections, but it just wasn’t a factor in my story. I still have it in me and have been infection free for 4, almost 5 months (where I’ve started to transition back to a normal diet in the last month). A copper IUD is really the best option for me since any kind of contraceptive with hormones makes me very depressed.

luiza
    Participant
    Replies: 2

Make sure candida is the only infection, am sure you’ve had tests but sometimes candida persists if there is another pelvic infection. Also, maybe a stool culture for candida? if you have heavy candida in stool then that could also suggest the reason for recurrent infection. Vaginal pH is important (avoid douches, avoid latex underwear, the pill and pregnancy also change this) and use lube in any penetrative sex however mild to avoid chronic pain (vulvodynia). I suspect you’ve tried/ eliminated all of the above but thought it may be useful.
    Also general health – stress, smoking, diabetes, other infections, lack of sleep – all of these suppress your immune system and cause candida overgrowth.

All the best.

laurenziano
    Blocked
    Replies: 25

I WILL TELL YOU AND ALL YOU POOR GIRLS GOING THROUGH THIS. A VAGINAL YEAST INFECTION IS A YEAST INFECTION. THE INFECTION IS THE YEAST-THE YEAST YOU PUT IN YOUR BODY IN BREAD DONUTS PIZZA SUBMARINE SANDWICHES IS FULL OF YEAST INFECTION. GOD SAID DO NOT EAT LEAVENED BREAD OR BREAD WITH YEAST. HE MADE BREAD FOR US TO LOVE BUT NOT YEAST BREAD. YOU HAVE TO LEARN HOW TO MAKE BREAD WITHOUT YEAST-LOTS OF RECIPES ON THE INTERNET. STOP PUTTING YEAST IN YOUR MOUTH INCLUDING BEER WHICH. IS FULL OF BREWERS YEAST. I GUARANTEE IT WILL STOP. THE INFECTION IS THE YEAST. TRY IT FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS . YOU WILL SEE I AM RIGHT

Kadambari
    Participant
    Replies: 2

Hi. I have been at your place and no longer get vaginal infections. My doctor recommended Gentian violet solution that I applied with an earbud carefully twice a day. I was cured. It is cheap and effective.

coconut
    Participant
    Replies: 1

I have had a vaginal yeast infection for 10 months now. I was misdiagnosed as having eczema so i was not able to treat it immediately. I was also very bloated and gasy. I would get bad hangovers after drinking alcohol. I took a diflucan which reduced my symptoms immediately within 24 hr but did not cure me and after a week the yeast infection continued. So i started the candida diet and follow it strictly. I also dont eat low sugar fruit because i am scared that it may not be good for the candida. I eat 50 billion probiotics, coconut milk kefir, capryllic acid , a homopathic antifungal , vitamins. I am also doing a liver cleanse since last week that has milk thistle etc. the dr gave me another 3 diflucans to take every other day in the beginning of my diet. it has been 6 weeks now and i still have itching and burning. My gas and bloating has stopped but i am very constipated. How much longer do i have to continue this diet??!! I am stressed out and becoming depressed and loosing weight.

Banshee
    Participant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 40

For the vaginal infection, I’ve found that boric acid suppositories speed up healing significantly. I did them nightly for 14 days. Combined with the rest of this program, it seems to have worked.

My biggest frustration is healing the external irritation. It’s taken me up to three months for that too to go away, but eventually it did. Calendula gel helps soothe, even if just for a little relief.

It definitely sucks, and treatment is a real commitment, but it will heal up eventually. And the diet will get easier too – it will take time, but it’s not forever.

Banshee
    Participant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 40

As for the constipation, consuming more vegetables, fewer nuts, and more water may help. I have easily gotten into the habit of filling up on nuts and nut butters, which are very binding. It’s easy to do on such a restricted diet.

Avocado and coconut milk are both very filling and much more agreeable. I’ve also come to love vinegar-free olives for a ready-to-eat and portable snack. Edamame is another favorite of mine.

I’ve never been much of a soda drinker, but will also note that making my own iced herbal tea has been a sneaky way to up my water consumption as well 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Vaginal yest infection that wont go away’ is closed to new replies.