Vaginal Yeast Infections and Intestinal Dysbiosis

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Vaginal Yeast Infections and Intestinal Dysbiosis

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  monstermelie 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

aleksandray
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Hello,

I am new here and would like to know if there is any possibility of having a vaginal yeast infection (recurring) without intestinal dysbiosis.

I would assume that one would not get a vaginal yeast infection if the gut was balanced (but how about if there is a vaginal bacterial infection?), but I just want to verify. It’s difficult to connect this to the gut when (in my case) there are no digestive troubles. Are the two always related?

Aleksandra

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

aleksandray;41022 wrote: Hello,

I am new here and would like to know if there is any possibility of having a vaginal yeast infection (recurring) without intestinal dysbiosis.

I would assume that one would not get a vaginal yeast infection if the gut was balanced (but how about if there is a vaginal bacterial infection?), but I just want to verify. It’s difficult to connect this to the gut when (in my case) there are no digestive troubles. Are the two always related?

Under normal conditions, if you have Candida albicans in your intestines you’ll also have some digestive problems. If you want to test to see whether or not you have intestinal Candida, purchase some type of antifungal and take it for a few days. If you experience any die-off symptoms (also known as Herxheimer reaction) at all, then it’s a good guess that you have a Candida overgrowth. As the first test, you could also eat a very large portion of Brussels sprouts which is a natural and strong antifungal. If you do experience die-off, you should stop the antifungal immediately as well as avoid eating more Brussels sprouts and follow our protocol for protecting yourself from the Candida toxins which cause die-off.

Below is a list of some of the die-off symptoms experienced when the Candida start dying.
    • Nausea
    • Headache
    • Fatigue
    • dizziness
    • bloating, gas
    • constipation and/or diarrhea
    • swollen glands
    • chills
    • coldness in extremities
    • sweating
    • Increased joint or muscle pain (flu-like symptoms)
    • Elevated heart rate
    • Itching, hives, rashes, or any type of skin breakout
    • Fever
    • Vaginal infections (these can actually be a die-off symptom as well as a Candida symptom. The same can be said for many of the symptoms.)

Able

aleksandray

Thanks Able,

Thanks for the reply. I have many questions at this stage as I’m still trying to determine my exact plan of action.

From what you wrote, it sounds like it’s possible to have one without the other. I read a reply by Jorge where he stated that the “silent overgrowth you have in your gut is causing many problems in remote organs” (posted by dvjorge as response #16 to “My long candida tale…” by Julia on Thursday, March 14, 2013).

On one hand, it makes complete sense that a chronic/recurring vaginal yeast infection is related to a bigger imbalance, but on the other is very difficult to confirm this if there are no intestinal issues. Plus, as this affects immunity, it’s interesting that one could possibly have candida overgrowth and still very rarely become sick (or is this a different type of immunity I’m unaware of?).
    Maybe I’ll start another post listing my health history and get some feedback about the relation between each of them. Either way, it’s probably not normal to have yeast infections on and off for 20 years.

As for your die-off test, I did notice that when I started drinking my homemade kefir a few weeks ago I initially felt really tired afterwards (die-off or possible sensitivity which I didn’t know about?). More recently, for the first time a few days ago I took niacin (500 mg) plus a B100 complex supplement (100 mg B3), resulting in 600 mg of niacin and uncomfortable flushing which felt like a fever/flu or a severe sunburn and resulted in my lying under a blanket for a few hours. At dinnertime I was flushing again, but not very uncomfortably. In the evening I started getting a headache which continued until most of the following day. It was an unpleasant reaction but I am not sure that it necessarily indicates a reaction to die-off as many people (without candida) react in that manner. I guess I’ll have to probe more deeply by trying the Brussels sprouts. When you suggest purchasing an anti-fungal, would a one-time yeast infection pill be enough or do I need to try something longer?

Aleksandra

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You can just simply start off with some garlic, coconut oil, or rutabega…no need to go buy an antifungal product.

Are you constipated? How much do you poop each day? Dr. Mcoombs feels that anyone who poops less than 3 times per day is constipated…so if you are constipated then you have a digestive disorder.

-raster

aleksandray

Thanks Raster,

So for the past few days things have been fine eating only foods on the list (and quite a bit of garlic). Today I tried a different dinner consisting of Brussels sprouts, rutabaga, green beans (with garlic, parsley and milled flax), and cabbage (with caraway). After this meal my face flushed quite strongly. I don’t know if this is an effect of die-off (it’s not on Able’s list above).

As to the constipation, as an infant I was constipated (only 2 weeks on breast milk, then formula), then as a kid I thought it was a sign of illness to have a bowel movement every day, so obviously I was constipated at once every 2-4 days. As an adult I vary between 1-3 per day. However, since starting this diet, it has significantly dropped to just once a day, and today none. I’m drinking more than usual and eating even more vegetables, so this is strange (but I guess it’s not uncommon). I suppose that I am constipated, but couldn’t that be due to something else or does it absolutely indicate a digestive disorder?

One thing I didn’t cut out for this first stage is my homemade kefir. I didn’t think I needed to since I experience no discomfort and have already been drinking it for about a month before starting this diet. Do you think it would be wise to cut it out?

Aleksandra

monstermelie
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 14

Hi Aleksandray

Most people today have gut issues, even if you don’t realise it. Unless you are eating homemade probiotics & your diet is very healthy.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Vaginal Yeast Infections and Intestinal Dysbiosis’ is closed to new replies.