vaginal yeast infections

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions vaginal yeast infections

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Sarah114 7 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

kelmelvin
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 13

Im not doing the diet because it made me feel like my blood sugar was too low and I continually felt like I was going to pass out,(die off or low blood sugar, I couldnt take it) BUT… I learned on this site that you can use coconut oil as a lubricant and it has kept my yeast infection at bay all month for the first time in years!!! I use it every night and take Sustenex for a probiotic because it claims to reach the large intestines. It’s worth a try whether you are doing the diet or not. If it stops working I may alternate between apple cider vinegar and the coconut oil. I hope this was helpful!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You need to address the infestaton within the body if you want to prevent the infections coming back in the future…

After a few weeks of die-off you should start to feel better. If you sweat out the toxins via the skin, the bodies largest organ, this can completely reduce or eliminate die-off symptoms.

Eating a strict anticandida diet should not make a healthy person feel bad.

-raster

kelmelvin

Thanks for your advice, since diabetes runs in my family, and the diet basically cuts out all carbs, I’m going to wait until my doctor does a GTT. I can stand “flu like symptoms” but not being on the verge of passing out.

kelmelvin

Had my dr’s appt and described what I went thru, he said it is definitely not die off symptoms but rather hypoglycemia and that I can’t cut out carbs the way I did and that the diet can be dangerous. He said he has done this many times and prescribed diflucan (which I was skeptical because my obgyn prescribed the same but only one dose) and I will be taking one pill every 3 days to knock out the yeast infection even tho right now I dont have symptoms. I have cut out a lot of sugar but am still going to eat carbs. Just wanted to give an update. He also confirmed what I had read about splenda killing the good bacteria in the gut and said to avoid it.

raster
    Participant

You’ve got the wrong idea on cutting out carbs…I don’t know where you read that carbs feed candida, but you need carbs to survive. This isn’t a no carb diet but more than that. Its a no sugar diet, no dairy, no molds, etc. The carb part of the diet isn’t worth worrying about.

Taking diflucan alone won’t cure the infestation if you have it.

Are you taking birth control? Javizy just posted a bunch of info that stated that birth control can contribute to candida and yeast infections.

-raster

kelmelvin

What carbs can I eat? No rice, no bread, no potatoes. No beans, no peas. I’ve read over and over to not eat these foods that contain carbs because they turn into sugar. So on the first two stages, please let me know what carbs I can have. The infections aren’t from bc (I wish , that would be an easy solution!) I actually get migraines from bc so I haven’t taken them in 9 years or so. Thanks for your help. I don’t know what to think and my head is spinning!!

raster
    Participant

Those items contain starch and starch should be avoided. Oat bran contains carbs but it should only bring a benefit. Rice, potatoes, corn, etc. contain sugar as well.

If you stick to the forums food list you shouldn’t have a problem. If you really wanted to, you could eat a little bit of rice or potatoes now and then (cheat item)and it won’t set you back too much (if you are strong).

-raster

s.
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 80

I don’t know if my piping in will help at all, but I had really bad hypoglycemia when I started the diet. I even had the wrong diet and eating carrots would send me down in the high to mid 60s right after a meal (within 10 minutes). Then I got the right diet, and realized it was also the candida steeling my food. I then learned to snacked on celery. Eat lots and lots of celery. I don’t know why it helps, but it does. I’ve always had low blood sugar. My dr. looked back and every time they had taken a blood panel it was at 70 – which is normal range, but low. Buckwheat for breakfast helps. So does a bit of steak. I know we should shy away from lots of meat, but it does help hold your blood sugar levels in the morning. Breakfast is imperative for us.

Also – make Raster’s bread recipe posted in the recipe section. A few slices of this a day along with the celery and either buckwheat cereal of oatbran will really help along with your main meals. Also – I know the price adds up, but a couple of avocados seem to help me a lot. Make sure you eat a snack every two to three hours. A little extra meat in the long run is better than rice or fruit or other nasty carbs. I also have O pos. blood and we tend to need more protein in our bodies than what others can get by with. Even a sardine or two for a snack can help hold you with a carb from the diet. HOpe this helps……

Sarah114
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Vaginal Yeast Infection Treatment – alaczen.com Just wanted to write and say that I’m VERY satisfied with my purchase.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘vaginal yeast infections’ is closed to new replies.