Vaginal candidasis undiagnosed clinically?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Vaginal candidasis undiagnosed clinically?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  mai 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

mai
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 5

Hello all,

I’m super confused and want to ask those who may have had a similar experience at hospitals. I’ve always had vaginal discharge (NOT normal) and was diagnosed with candidasis several times in the past 10 years, my symptoms never got better and I wasn’t taken seriously by doctors in my country (A young girl is not supposed to see a gynaecologist without her mother I guess).

After reading more and more about it, I finally started the diet in the beginning of March, started probiotics like in February. But unfortunately started taking antibiotics for a painful h.pylori infection 3 days ago. Today we did a vaginal candida test because my discharge was yellower and more in quantity. Back home they put the samples in tubes which have something cold and reddish in it, and give you the result after 3 days. Currently I’m living in China, and here they put the cotton swabs in normal tubes, gave me the results 5 minutes later.

Shockingly, the result is:

Ph 3.8
    No infectious yeast was found
    No other mold-like thing was found
    Cleanliness degree: Degree II (optimal it says I~II)

Sorry for my sloppy translation, but I don’t even have any idea what “cleanliness degree” means.

I was so surprised that couldn’t say much to the dr, and she said she’s prescribing me some stuff to wash, and I agreed. It’s for external use and claims to cure several types of infections, also ringworms.

My questions are;

1. I don’t think my 10+ years of infection can be cured with 19 days of diet?!
    2. Even if it could, how can it happen when I’m on a long course of 2 different antibiotics?
    3. And even though I have the SAME syptoms, is it possible that the candida growing wild in our bodies decided to take a short break in the test tube?

By the way I have a history of sinusitis, conjunctivitis, ear and throat infections and UTIs. How can candida be present everywhere in my body except for the sample taken from it?! I have an infection in my 2 front teeth which didn’t clear in 2 months, whih surprised the dentist because he was planning to have finished the root canal treatment last month- we coulsn’t even start. Which makes me suspicious of my immune system. (In blood test my leucosit count was 10.2, optimum is 10 the report says)

I’d like to hear your opinions about this!
    Thanks in advance~

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I have a feeling they likely didn’t do proper testing for candida. Did they do the immune complex test with metametrix labs? Did they test to see what antibodies your body has produced?

Additionally, the yeast might not be in your vagina; it could be in your kidneys. My naturopath feels whoever has sexual organ yeast problems has candida in their kidneys…

-raster

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

I had reoccurring vaginal yeast infections for years and I saw different doctors for them almost 9 times. Not one doctor was able to confirm that it was a yeast infection. Most of them prescribed me nothing. I also went on to take a stool test that came back negative for Candida. I’m not sure what it is but I’m certain that the vaginal yeast can allude the tests.

mai

Thanks for your replies!

Raster- I remember having seen your post about kidneys. But I here at hospitals they usually treat foreigners like spoiled children, so if I tell a gynaecologist I want an immune response test or any analysis about kidneys she would just stare at me blankly.

But the thing is, back home they took the sample like this, and they found candida overgrowth. Actually online I’ve seen some test devices which gives you the results for candida in a short time, and thought maybe they use something like that at the hospital.

Should I go to another hospital and check?

And, I’m amazed that the website diet and the forum protocal diet is very similar to Chinese medical cure for “damp heat”- which just means infection since they didn’t have microscobes in the ancient times. I’m planning to see an acupuncturist, do you think it helps?

I’ve seen a Chinese medicine doctor before and drank an expensive herb mix, but he only told me to avoid sweets and alcohol and I did, but kept up with dairy and other carbs… I think maybe that’s why it didn’t work.

Mrs.Candida- When the test result showed candida dr.s prescribed me 1-3 tablets of 150 mg fluconazole, 7 tablets of itraconazole etc. It’s the first time test doesn’t show ANYTHING. If we know that it can allude tests how come the dr.s don’t?

I couldn’t find much online, but I can’t understand why would anyone have an abnormal vaginal discharge without any pathogenic overgrowth present in vaginal canal, how to explain a doctor of modern medicine that it can be kidneys or something else?

mai

By the way, the blood test was for my problems with stomach. The dr first wanted liver function and regular blood tests, then did gastroscopy and found h.pylori.

I’m also kind of frustrated that everything I thought as die-off were actually h.pylori symptoms…

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I am unsure how you should proceed. A naturopathic doctor likely can treat you easily without prescription medications but is expensive. A western style doctor is likely more difficult to work with and you’ll have to spend a lot of time and/or effort to get a scientific diagnosis. A chinese herbalist or medicinal doctor might be a good way to go but they won’t be able to do everything.

Acupuncture is great for healing the body and detoxing but it won’t cure candida overgrowth by itself. Sweating out the toxins by doing a steam room, sauna, hot tub, jacuzzi, or even hot bath is also a different way to detox. Detoxing is not the same as healing.

Sometimes you have to do the tests without the doctors on your own and forge your own path but you need to know what to do and where to do it. For instance, you could be allergic to candida and thus an allergist can test you for allergies to yeast. You would then need immune simulation shots to get over the allergy. A GI doctor might know more about candida, h.pylori and gut disorders whereas most western doctor’s don’t treat gut disorders. A naturopathic doctor knows how to heal holistically (or many organs at once) but might not completely treat you depending on their abilities.

-raster

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

I thought that yeast was treated as dampness and cold, or maybe I am thinking or something else. In chinese medicine, I know that yeast is dampness and that comes from liver stagnation. I think if you went off of carbs and dairy it would help. I know that there have been times that I felt like I had a yeast infection and it came back negative. My last round of antibiotics had me develop a problem with the skin on my lips of my mouth and not a yeast infection down there. So, I think it just depends on what place the yeast decides to attack.

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

If we know that it can allude tests how come the dr.s don’t?

I don’t think doctors know that Candida can allude tests. However, a lightbulb went off after I read Rasters reply. I think a lot of my symptoms have been kidney (mixed with liver) but I have a lot of kidney problems. Maybe the yeast was in my kidneys and causing vaginal symptoms. I had psychical signs of a yeast infection such as red, inflamed skin, one doctor even reported a small tear at the top of my Labium minor.

My earliest symptoms include: yeast infections, lower back pain and water retention
    (that was over 10 years ago)

Fast forward 13 years and I find out my kidneys are riddled with stones.

So I’m beginning to think about this a little differently.

mai

Raster, I agree that Western doctors are so hard to work with… I guess I’ll see a Chinese herbalist and see, and an acupuncturist too if my insurance pays.

Kag, not knowing where the yeast is going to attack is scary!! According to what I read, yeast infection in genitals is damp heat in the lower jiao, I guess they also call leuchorrea “damp heat” here.

Mrs. candida, I have lower back pain (and Chinese herbalist had guessed and asked it before I said!) and I do have a weird feeling in my kidneys indeed… My sister was born with only one kidney. And since I get UTIs often it seems very rational to me that there’s a connection between my yeast related problems and kidneys.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Vaginal candidasis undiagnosed clinically?’ is closed to new replies.