using anti fungal pharmaceuticals

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions using anti fungal pharmaceuticals

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  candida_sucks 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

eskimo_pup
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 78

Hi i’ve been on the diet a while now but haven’t been taking anti-fungals because i tried them and tolerated them very poorly.

I’m ready to try again but want to go down the pharmaceutical route. Can anyone recommend how i should go about it and what supplements i need to protect my liver, kidneys and body from die-off and heavy metals released from the process.

1. Which drugs and which order.
    2. which supplements.

This is what i want advice on before i go ahead. I also know it’s dangerous which is why i’m asking for the best way tp go about it.

Thanks.

ks13
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 10

I was treating myself with over the counter antifungals (candida force, SF722 & others) and was feeling great. I met with a functional medicine group at my dr’s office a while back & they put me on Diflucan & Nystatin. I ran Diflucan for 2 weeks & then switched to nystatin. I feel like garbage on the prescriptions & my symptoms are coming back. I’m going to switch back to what was working.

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

I could really recommend nystatin, very safe to use.

eskimo_pup

klips32;52326 wrote: I could really recommend nystatin, very safe to use.

Thank you can you elaborate? Also is it one that you quickly become immune too and is their a preferred form i should take it in?

I ran Diflucan for 2 weeks & then switched to nystatin. I feel like garbage on the prescriptions & my symptoms are coming back. I’m going to switch back to what was working.

I think the problem is everyone’s bodies are different but in my case i don’t have a job or anything so i can afford the bed rest but obviously i want to avoid damage to my body regardless.

Is their a specific order the drugs should be taken?

candida_sucks
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 148

eskimo_pup;52443 wrote:

Thank you can you elaborate? Also is it one that you quickly become immune too and is their a preferred form i should take it in?

I ran Diflucan for 2 weeks & then switched to nystatin. I feel like garbage on the prescriptions & my symptoms are coming back. I’m going to switch back to what was working.

I think the problem is everyone’s bodies are different but in my case i don’t have a job or anything so i can afford the bed rest but obviously i want to avoid damage to my body regardless.

Nystatin is safe because it is not absorbed into the bloodstream. It also has been used for decades and thus has a very long safety record. The books by Orian Truss and others are full of cases of people regaining their health through proper diet and Nystatin therapy.

The majority of candida strains do not develop resistance to it. The preferred form is any form without sugar, either the powder form or a liquid suspension from a compounding pharmacy. Regular pharmacies add sugar to the liquid suspension. Nystatin tablets have sugar in them as well.

eskimo_pup

candida_sucks;52450 wrote:

Nystatin is safe because it is not absorbed into the bloodstream. It also has been used for decades and thus has a very long safety record. The books by Orian Truss and others are full of cases of people regaining their health through proper diet and Nystatin therapy.

The majority of candida strains do not develop resistance to it. The preferred form is any form without sugar, either the powder form or a liquid suspension from a compounding pharmacy. Regular pharmacies add sugar to the liquid suspension. Nystatin tablets have sugar in them as well.

Thanks i’m looking at nystatin therapy and its opened up some useful information but should i be taking a systemic anti-fungal at some point too?

candida_sucks
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 148

eskimo_pup;52461 wrote:

Thanks i’m looking at nystatin therapy and its opened up some useful information but should i be taking a systemic anti-fungal at some point too?

You can, but if it’s a prescription anti-fungal like Fluconazole, you need to monitor your liver enzymes.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘using anti fungal pharmaceuticals’ is closed to new replies.