Use of multiple antifungals

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Use of multiple antifungals

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jamesb
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 43

I think I am getting a little confused over the use of antifungals. Is it correct to rotate antifungals or not? What have others who have rotated found, indeed what have those who have not rotated found.

Are there some people out there who are taking multiple anti fungals/How many/which ones?

Is coconut oil an anti fungal?

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

I too would like to get some clear answers from Able about this.
    As there are conflicting info floating around here on the forum.

cheers
    Thomas

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Hi all,
    Rotation isn’t a problem if you are sure the antifungals you are going to take are effective against the yeast specie/strain is affecting you. The problem arise when you pick up an antifungal that don’t touch the yeast is affecting you. I wrote a clear example in the other post. It is all to you if you want to take the risk. Regarding to people experience, some will tell you rotation worked because they were lucky choosing effective antifungals. It is a gambling game. The best way, if you don’t have a sensitivity test, is to take multiples antifungals at the same time. In this form, you have a better chance that at least one of them be working. If all are working, better, and you probably have a synergistic effect , and more activity against the fungus. I posted it to alert people about the risk of rotating antifungals.
    Decide yourself if you want to rotate or not, but a least you know what may happen.
    Jorge.

I forgot, yes, coconut oil has antifungal properties. Lauric Acid and Caprylic Acid are found in coconut oil. Both are antifungal substances.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Thomas wrote: I too would like to get some clear answers from Able about this.
    As there are conflicting info floating around here on the forum.

I know from my personal experience as well as accounts from many others that grapefruit seed extract is an antifungal which is fairly easy for Candida to adapt to. Two straight weeks of use of the GSE is long enough, waiting at the very least for a month before reintroducing it is usually satisfactory.

Oil of oregano is a little different in that it normally takes much longer for the Candida to adapt to. But each infestation may take different lengths of time to adapt to this antifungal, so the only way to be safe is to take a break from it now and then.

Coconut oil is completely different from the other two; it’s a whole-food antifungal which means that it has a lot more benefits than merely being an antifungal. For this reason I would not stop using it until the infestation is completely cured, then using it as part of your maintenance plan would do no harm.
    Eating raw garlic is the same as the coconut oil in that it is a whole-food antifungal. I don’t really believe that more antifungals are necessary, but of course a good probiotic is of ultimate importance.

You should start the antifungals one at a time several weeks apart in order to gauge the response you’ll receive from each. Once you’ve tried them all, you can follow the guidelines I explained above.

Able

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Use of multiple antifungals’ is closed to new replies.