Use of Different Flours?

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Snacks & Treats Use of Different Flours?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  LizzieLoo 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

momof2peanutz
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 4

I was wondering if we can use sorghum, arrowroot, tapioca and amaranth flours in our baking in the first couple of weeks or after?? 🙂
    Can we use carob right away, also?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I am also wondering this also…are they any good and has anyone experimented with them?

What about buckwheat flour?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Even though buckwheat has the word “wheat” as part of its name, it isn’t a wheat grain but rather a fruit seed. This is a food that, if you’re in the first stage of the diet you should treat it as a test food. Try a little of it and wait two full days, if you receive no reaction, then it should be alright to eat at least two to three times a week.

Arrowroot is a tuber which contains 23% starch. I would advise against having it during the entire first stage, and then treat it as a test food.

Tapioca is a starch, so I’d say no to that one.

Amaranth is a grain, so it’s going to give the Candida a meal.

Carob is one of those up in the air items. Treat it as a test food.

Able

granolamama
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 13

what about quinoa? my naturopath doctor said yes,…what is your opinion?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

granolamama wrote: what about quinoa? my naturopath doctor said yes,…what is your opinion?

Reports written on quinoa are amazingly mixed as far as the definition or description. As near as I can establish, quinoa is a whole-wheat grain – sort of. Since it’s a questionable food, personally I would choose to avoid it. To be safe, I would simply stick with buckwheat as a substitute for all of the ones you mentioned.

LizzieLoo
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

My mother has been doing this diet for since July 2011 and she eats quinoa. She’s done amazingly well on the diet so I would say yes, especially since I eat it and have been getting signs of the candida die off. Yay for being tired all the time and having headaches and stomach pains. NOT! But at least I know it’s working!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Use of Different Flours?’ is closed to new replies.