Urinary tract infection (Vitamins)

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Urinary tract infection (Vitamins)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Javizy 7 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Angor
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 136

Hi. I have had an Urinary tract infection for quite some time. So far I’ve been drinking a cranberry concentrate and taking cranberry capsules, but it won’t go away. I’ve got some questions on this.

First of all, what should I do now?

Does cranberry feed candida?

I remember someone said something about a Vitamin (was it A, E, D? I don’t remember) that was supposed to be good for curing UTI. Anyone?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Angor wrote: Hi. I have had an Urinary tract infection for quite some time. So far I’ve been drinking a cranberry concentrate and taking cranberry capsules, but it won’t go away. I’ve got some questions on this.
    I remember someone said something about a Vitamin (was it A, E, D? I don’t remember) that was supposed to be good for curing UTI. Anyone?

I would stop taking the cranberry concentrate and continue the capsules.
    All vitamins are important when you’re fighting an infection, including the one’s you’ve named. Start taking 1000 mg of vitamin C a day, add another 1000 the next day and continue until you reach about 4000 mg a day. This should help.

Able

Angor

Able900 wrote:

Hi. I have had an Urinary tract infection for quite some time. So far I’ve been drinking a cranberry concentrate and taking cranberry capsules, but it won’t go away. I’ve got some questions on this.

I would stop taking the cranberry concentrate and continue the capsules.
    All vitamins are important when you’re fighting an infection, including the one’s you’ve named. Start taking 1000 mg of vitamin C a day, add another 1000 the next day and continue until you reach about 4000 mg a day. This should help.

Able

Thank you! Though, actually and surprisingly I don’t feel a single thing by drinking the concentrate. Is there any special reason I should stop drinking it? 🙂 It doesn’t contain added sugar or sweeteners, it’s pure cranberry. Also I notice the concentrate is about double as effective as the capsules, so it would be a bummer to have to stop it. But if it’s bad it would be necessary.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Cranberries and cranberry juice are fairly high in fructose, a favorite treat of the Candida.

Angor

Able900 wrote: Cranberries and cranberry juice are fairly high in fructose, a favorite treat of the Candida.

Oh. I figured it would be equally bad to take the capsules and drink the concentrate. I was wrong. It makes me a bit :/ though, I thought the concentrate would be my rescue regarding the UTI. Bummer, as said.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

You should definitely get your Vitamin D status up. It’s good to take vitamin K2 with that too. They really pay off with all the great effects they have on the body. Vitamin C like Able said is a must for any infection, and NAC (for glutathione) is a strong antioxidant too. Iodine and selenium are common deficiencies and help support immunity as well as thyroid function and heavy metal detox. I was just reading this article about iodine actually that says ‘Even moderate deficiency, especially in pregnant women and infants, lowers intelligence by 10 to 15 I.Q. points.’ You basically just want stuff that’s hard to get from food if your diet is balanced.

Can you find any real cranberries where you are? They’re only like 4% sugar, and it doesn’t sound like you have fructose malabsorption issues. Berry fibres tend to be prebiotic and they contain natural antifungals that fight off mould infections. You could certainly eat worse foods on the diet, but extracts are probably more reliable and convenient.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Urinary tract infection (Vitamins)’ is closed to new replies.