Urgent Questions

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Urgent Questions

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 6 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

DaughterNature
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 82

Hello Forum Members,

I have several questions but would first like to tell a bit about myself:

I started the strict diet around October of 2012 as a desperately uncomfortable college student. Constipation, binge eating, yeast infections, and fatigue/brain fog controlled my life ever since I took myself off birth control. I was on the Pill for the duration of my freshman year. Before college I was the seemingly healthiest kid in school besides the occasional yeast infection. After I stopped taking birth control I started to experience constipated for days, had many yeast infections, got drunk once in a while, had poor sleeping habits, was subject to stress, and ate A LOT.

During my last year in college I worked 3 jobs, which didn’t help the stress but I went to bed at 10pm and woke naturally at 6:30. I ate MUCH healthier, started Able’s candida diet, and changed my life for the better—no yeast infections, less constipation, did not drink alcohol, but still binge fed myself the healthy foods. Unfortunately, I studied in Ecuador for the second half of the year and was unable to continue with the diet. In South America I ate whole wheat, white rice, lots of corn, and had about six bacterial issues from drinking water and bad food.

Now that I am back in the USA I do not eat gluten, cheese or milk. I do eat eggs, ground flax, chia, buckwheat, almond flour, quinoa, amaranth, teff, millet, occasionally potatoes, lots of mostly organic vegetables, sprouts, fermented foods, grilled trout, various herbs, homemade kefir from store-bought “organic” cow milk, fulvic ionic mineral in water, and kombucha. Also, I have been eating raw honey, dried apricots and prunes. About 50% of my diet is raw food. Nothing fried or broiled. Some baked goods. I take no medications and try to avoid anything “unnatural”.I am 22 years old.

My problem: Although I eat healthily I am on the toilet during about 2 hours of the day desperately trying to poop. When I do it is never firm stool, skinny-small pieces, and breaks up into tinier pieces when I flush. I even see many undigested pieces (quinoa, sprouts, some vegies). I am afraid that I am not digesting or absorbing my food. Before I reattempt the strict diet I want to ensure that I do not suffer malnutrition. I want my stomach lining and entire digestive system to be healthy first.

Questions:
    1.If I am not absorbing my food well how do I go about ensuring that I do? My hair does not grow as fast as it used to, which I assume is a sign. Also, my teeth are sensitive and discoloring whereas before they were very white.

2. How do I get my stool back to firm, large, uniform pieces as it was for my entire life?

3. Does alkalinity/acidity play a factor in reestablishing my stomach lining?

4. Does anyone take fulvic ionic minerals? I buy mine from Optimally Organic and feel it helps. Supposedly this mineral concentrate helps with absorption when diluted in certain liquids.

Please help.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Since this is your first post and you just joined the forum yesterday, I assume that you were previously using the ‘old’ diet which I had posted on the forum or else you’ve changed your user name. Have you been on the forum before under a different user name? If so, please send me the other name so that I can read your past posts, that is if there are any to read. You can send the name by private message if you choose. If you had the old diet, I’ve removed that diet from the forum and made some important changes to it. If you would like a link to the newer diet, let me know and I’ll send it to you by private message on the forum.

I think you’re on the right path as far as taking a general mineral tonic is concerned. Just as long as you choose a quality brand with as many different minerals as possible, it should be fine. In what way do you feel that the minerals are helping you?

How much kefir do you drink a day?

If I am not absorbing my food well how do I go about ensuring that I do?

That depends on why you’re not absorbing your food. Did you have leaky gut syndrome when you had the Candida overgrowth? Do you have any symptoms of a Candida infestation at this time?

Able

DaughterNature

This is my first time on the forum. This is my first and only username. Please send me a message with the updated diet information.

The mineral tonic (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005474RBM/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_6?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AMHGKU8ZAN5YB) has over 77 trace minerals. When I first took it it was accompanied by probiotics and a good diet that ridded me of yeast infections and itching. Now that those are gone I feel liberated beyond words. I also formed better sleeping patterns, had regular bowel movements, and felt more capable of exercise and mental work. During my 3-month trip to Ecuador I stopped taking both the probiotics and the minerals and my digestion has gotten worse. I am back on the minerals, kefir, and considering drinking kombucha more frequently. Also, throughout the last year I have gone through several Doterra GX Assist cleanses, which uses essential oils.

I drink about 1/2 cup of kefir milk throughout the day.

If I did have leaky gut syndrome in the past I believe it was in reaction to the birth control and antibiotics. I think I have leaky gut syndrome more so now than ever. I am almost certain that the Candida has come back but with less bothersome issues.

Thank you for the quick reply, Able.

DaughterNature

For the 3 months until I start the diet…

…should I just cut out wheat assuming I have an intolerance to it? Are there other foods that I should generally avoid like cheese?

…how can I assure proper absorption of food?

…do you have any dietary/other suggestions?

Thank you, entirely.

Kenisha

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would cut out wheat for a very very long time if you want to get better…this only causes health problems and has little nutritional benefit. Same with the white rice and other refined carbohydrates. I’d even consider cutting out honey which is sugar essentially, amaranth which is high in starch (easily converted to sugar), and milk which contains lactose which converts to sugar.

Also, since you see that you have quinoa in your stool, I would stop this as well because you need to avoid foods fermenting in the gut at all costs. You also may not be chewing your food correctly and this can be hard for your body to digest.
    https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1222_Chew-your-food-longer–Simple-tip-to-improve-your-health.aspx

I’d check out this constipation remedies post on how to improve your digestion:
    https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1098_Constipation-Remedies.aspx

You aren’t that far away from what the candida diet is, so I would continue in this direction and eliminate the harmful foods.

It sounds like you have learned about one good constipation remedy already, which is trace minerals.

I also think you have the wrong mindset about the diet.

Before I reattempt the strict diet I want to ensure that I do not suffer malnutrition. I want my stomach lining and entire digestive system to be healthy first.

UM, this is what the diet is for in the first place, to help restore your digestive system, the stomach lining, etc. If you can heal leaky gut, then your body will absorb more nutrients because it has a greater surface area and thus you can gain weight.

What are you doing to prevent malnutrition and to strengthen your stomach lining? You haven’t explained this yet…are you not eating enough food?

-raster

DaughterNature

Raster,

I will look into the links you provided. I read a post earlier today about chewing food and I followed suit during lunch today.

Starvation is not an issue here; I am definitely eating enough and enough variety of fruits, vegetables, grains, etc. I just recently stopped taking the “Garden of Life” Living multivitamin because I’ve read mixed reviews about multivitamins. Any suggestions on whether to continue with this brand? I have started eating the edible aloe vera and okra from my garden and 1 tablespoon raw coconut oil two times a day to regain my depleted stomach lining. I have considered eating Cactus (nopales) for its gel-like inner substance. I have read that such foods reestablish the damaged stomach lining…

At this point I plan on eliminating sugars, grains, and foods I am sensitive to but only when my garden begins to produce organic vegetables and plan to have enough diet food until I can grow some more (this will further prevent starvation and/or breaking diet rules). Although I’m sure all the supplements and vitamins are important, are there a set of them which are absolutely necessary? I have spent a lot of money on the coconut flour, coconut oil, essential oils, and olive oil. Also, I prefer to get as much nutrition from herbs and whole food before seeking supplement in tablets or other concentrated forms.

Thanks for your advice.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would consider finishing your bottle of multivitamins and then stop and move on to getting individual vitamins. For instance, biotin is pretty important for the diet and its not easy to get this in your diet…same goes with vitamin C.

There are a lot of vitamins that necessary to get better. For instance, if you have leaky gut, the best way to reduce the inflammation is to take anti-inflammatory supplements such as fermented cod liver oil (or regular). This is way more strong than almost all food grade sources. Additionally, sf722 which is a fatty acid, is one of the best long term antifungals to have on the diet and is quite effective. Enzymes or digestive bitters help break down the foods you eat and these are quite important for healing the gut and improving the digestion. A good probiotic is also very essential to get better because it’ll contain strains that aren’t found in the kefir (we have a probiotics post on the sticky tab). Most candida sufferers are deficient in stomach acid and taking betaine HCL helps break down the food you eat, and destroys pathogens/parasites in the gut, etc. creating a better environment for digestion. These basically are the most essential supplements and its hard to replace them with food grade sources.

One thing I know about cactus is that its good for the heart, but I haven’t heard about its other healing properties.

Also, for me, spinach is hard to digest so if this is coming up undigested in the stool, you might want to avoid it.

-raster

DaughterNature

Raster,

This is all extremely helpful. I am interested in specific, proven brands for the necessary components in the diet. I would value any specific information you want to send me and will also do my own research and search this forum for aid.

DaughterNature

Able,

I got a email from you but did you send me the private message with the strict diet? I will start it as soon as I get all the information I need.

Thanks again.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

DaughterNature;45321 wrote: Raster,
    This is all extremely helpful. I am interested in specific, proven brands for the necessary components in the diet. I would value any specific information you want to send me and will also do my own research and search this forum for aid.

Kenisha, I sent you the strict diet. Check your inbox please.

Able

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Urgent Questions’ is closed to new replies.