Upper abdominal pain?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Upper abdominal pain?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Katemate3
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 48

Hi all,

What a great forum! Really pleased to be here.

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced upper abdominal pain from Candida? It seems to be my only symptom, but I have tested for everything else and it seems Candida is the likely culprit. (My mum has candida)

I also noticed that when I cut down on grains (already not having wheat, sugar, dairy, fruit etc) That my heart race speeds up, and I feel quite anxious socially, and generally, but it feels like a body-anxious not mind-anxious.

So really it is just abdominal pain, about 20 minutes after eating, it lasts for hours.

From your experiences on this forum and with Candida has anyone ever just had abdominal pain? Could this be Candida?

Also I was wondering, will I ever be able to have normal food again? (I won’t eat unhealthy ever again, but after the diet, after I reintroduce foods, will I be able to have a beer?) I know this sounds pathetic to ask, but being 25 years old it would be nice to enjoy a drink now and again. I know I won’t be able to have one for a long time, that’s fine, but it would be good to know if I ever can…

Many thanks,

Kate

Tdog333
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

I get really bloated sometimes after i eat near my solar plexus(sterum) area, my colon also hurts all the time(but i did have c.diff so im pretty sure it got beat up) not sure if its from candida or what, but i think it is.

Feelinbetter
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 9

Hi Kate
    I also experienced this DAILY before I cut out gluten and grains and began the diet. It’s something I had complained to my doctor about many times and couldn’t understand where it came from. All I can tell you is that since beginning this diet I have rarely (really rarely)experienced any abdominal pain which is so encouraging. Also used to get bloating and that is gone too. Most beer has gluten in it so if you have a sensitivity to that you will be fairly limited in the beers you can have – not to mention that they all have yeast – which with candida is not a good thing. I also REALLY miss my glass of wine and brie and french bread but I keep telling myself “I want to get better MORE than I want that strawberry pie”….even though I really really want it. 🙂

Katemate3

Hey thanks for your response feelinbetter!

I have been recommended a diet for Candida, but it does allow grains like brown rice and oats. Maybe I should try cutting these out, or at least down. Hopefully i’ll see some results soon…

That’s really encouraging about your abdominal pain lessening, there’s hope for us then 🙂

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

What is your digestion like? Are you constipated? If you crap less than 3 times per day, then this is considered to be constipated. If you are constipated then this benefits the bad bugs in the gut.

-raster

Katemate3

Hi Raster

My digestion (apart from the pain 30 mins after eating!- But only when I have had sugar/yeast- something I will NOT be doing for a while!) feels OK, I don’t feel constipated. the pain is only in the upper stomach.

I probably poo once a day, maybe once every other day. I think that could be because I haven’t been eating fruit, so going to eat more vegetables. Do you think something else is going on?

Also- just want to thank you, I’ve been a lurker on this forum for a bit so have read your advice in various posts! So cheers for the advice 😀

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Sounds like you are constipated which means you have a digestive disorder…don’t worry though most people are constipated.

Ideally you should be going 2-3x per day.

Constipation can also cause abdominal pain.

-raster

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Upper abdominal pain?’ is closed to new replies.