Update:kjones

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Update:kjones

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

well, I’ll try to use this as an update to my progress to keep getting advice from here and my nd. Ever since I started late May, early June, I started consulted with raster’s nd. He is a wonderful man. I was just getting tired of making no progress.

I have already seen improvements in some areas; not perfect all the time, but main things that have improved are urinary issues are a bit better (however, if I do too much in my treatment or eat a little too much, they can act up), a little more energy during the day (which can get me into trouble sometimes b/c we don’t want to drain me out too much, but I feel like getting up doing something. Accomplish tasks, get things done during the day compared to just sitting there), and just a clearer head at times (have had people actually comment that I seem a bit happier, lol, sarcastic (in a good way), and smiling. It doesn’t happen all the time, but it is a great first step. (have been able to decrease my zoloft from 100mg qd to just a few times per week at 50mg).

However, I think my mood has improved due to the supplements the nd has given me, and I think this has helped, too. http://www.vitacost.com/foodscience-of-vermont-behavior-balance-dmg

I still got lots of issues to work on though. My digestion has doing pretty good, and I have felt great at times, less winding and gas than before, but it can creep on me. Plus, I still wish I felt better at night-time. I have been taking another anti-fungal (not recommended on here, probably a couple phytostan), and then slowly trying to get into taking sf722 (just 1, works great at times, and then other times, I feel constipated from it, weird).

I did have a mess up a couple weeks ago (posted about it; drank some wine on my partner’s b-day), and I can tell I have tried to rush into some things because I felt a little bit better, but I have reminded myself this week, go slowly, just like the nd said because I have a sensitive system (gastroparesis, no colon), etc.

I have great bowel movements every morning this week though, getting to where it is complete, and feel better, but I think it could still be even better. Also, I feel if I was able to go again once later in the day, I would feel better at night before bed-time. However, it just depends on how much I eat, and sometimes, I feel it can push my digestion system too much causing it to rumble.

The probiotic I am taking it hmf forte. I have either been taking half-dose, or full-dose depending on how I feel. It might not be as strong as others, but I have been tolerating it (does pack a punch). It can still cause die-off symptoms for me at times though, and make me feel sort of bloated.

Sleeping could still be better, I def. fall asleep and actually stay asleep now, but I still wake up at the butt crack of dawn most the time. way too early; up early just because I started working again a little bit. I was really tired last night, napped right after supper, which as affected me now, so up early.

Anyways, if anybody has any more suggestions on where to go from here, I follow-up with the nd again a couple weeks. Ideas on ways to improve my digestion, etc. and still work on feeling better at night-time? I am glad that it is not as bad as before. Greatest thing I am glad for is just the calm thoughts, not as anxious feeling; it’s not perfect, but it is def. better.

Prizma
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 28

Well, I am just a step behind you. Started the strict diet on 22nd June.
    However, 20 days later I had to take antibiotics which caused a major setback.
    My current improvement is a better digestion + less anxiety. No sleep problems.
    I also take only 50mg Zoloft a day. Is it okay not to take it every day, but just a few days in a week ?
    My hairloss has slightly diminished.
    My main issue are still some abdominal pains /feel them very low in the tummy/ + hemorrhoids. And these two they go completely together for me.
    I am waiting for my sf722 + Dr Mercola’s probiotic to arrive from the USA beg. of August.
    Meanwhile I take caprylic acid, garlic and NOW Foods Probiotics.
    I take lemons, Vit C, lots of water and Milk thisle and chicory roots tea.
    I will also start taking Bee Glue and lavender blossom tea + Oregano herb.
    Sometimes I take Cinnamon, Curcuma or Nettle Leaf Tea.
    I would also be thankful for any advise.
    Could that low abdominal pain of mine be related to Candida?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello kjones,

There are a lot of digestive aids out there such as L-glutamine, fermented cod liver oil, etc. The only problem is you have a budget to work with and each one of these supplements costs big money. For instance, fermented cod liver oil costs like $35-50 depending on which kind you get. The glutamine is like $30 per bottle if you get a high quality brand. Bernie can suggest tons of effective things but like it said, it costs money.

Sounds like you are doing better though and not nearly as frustrated or desperate, this is a good thing!

If you can, try to sit on the toilet a little bit and see if you can get another bm in per day. Sometimes things such as chamomile tea help (and fiber).

-raster

kjones02
    Participant

Thanks raster, sometimes I start to feel pretty good and then rush myself into things. Today I feel sort of angry; I think the zoloft actually does that to me now. I just know I don’t fall as hard as I used to it. Also, the drenamin helps with my adrenals.

Yes, expenses are coming into account. I postponed my appt. this week to the next just because I need to re-arrange some money. Tight this month due to car insurance bill, gurr,

Anyways, I felt a little better last night by trying to sit on the stool in the afternoon. I def. need a couple bm’s a day. I talked with Bernie about prob. needing more bm’s, plus it would make me feel better, especially with no colon. I just have to watch it because I can rumble my intestines too much sometimes.

L-glut makes me feel constipated sometimes. Never tried fermented cod liver oil.

kjones02
    Participant

Just wanted to drop a hello on the forum! I still visit the site daily, but I just haven’t posted. I just read all the information and try to get more helpful tips along with my treatment with the nd. Things come and go for me. I def. have more energy during the day than I used to! I probably wear myself out too much sometimes, especially since I started trying to work again. I am excited about my nd consult today because I need one, it has been awhile. After today, getting some more advice, etc.; I’ll probably update more again. Other than that, still have issues to work on, but I just got take one day at a time. Thanks everyone!

kjones02
    Participant

Just need some inspiration from everyone. I still think I am in a better mood than what I used to be, but this past week; I seem to have hit a little sluggish spot. It still happens, but far less than what it used to. Then, I just remember that the nd tells me; don’t wear your adrenals out; the key for me is nice and slow. Just like the advice I gave to someone on here the other day. It is just that I seem to have a more energy than before, and I like to do things, but then every once in awhile, my digestion will then act up. I know the nd promised me that this holidays might still be a little rough for me, but not as bad. However, by next year, I should be seeing great strides. Hope to hear from you all soon; I got to try and rest today as much as possible, just do a few light things to get back on track. Oh, and next time I make this; I think it could still use some tweaking; I adapted a candida-friendly version of a gluten-free twinkie recipe I found on the internet. It didn’t come out too bad, but could use some work. I never was a twinkie person back in the day (my weakness was always dairy; pudding, etc.; still is for comfort food), but I just had to try this. lol

kjones02
    Participant

Hey everyone,
    So, while I was feeling a little bit better. This past month, I had more bad days than good days. I think partly because I was just wearing my adrenals out a bit. However, if anybody needs to keep going, I totally recommend the supplement dreanmin that the nd gave me. Standard process has got some great supplements!

I did have a consult with the nd the other day, and I am ready to get back on track a little bit this month. He says I am doing well, and things just come day to day. Also, it is still just a matter of fine-tuning my body. I have a long recovery, and to think about it, I am only 3 months into his program. I am ready to get my supplements, hopefully, Tuesday because I can tell I ran out of my pleo’s. He said that is the most important for me right now to keep my immune system up, sinuses, itching, etc. at bay because the past couple days it has acted up.

One thing that has definitely improved is my urinary. It has been really well all summer, especially, since I started taking juniper berry. It makes me feel so much better to pee normally, like a guy should.

The past month was hard because, as you all know, I mentioned that I wanted to try working again. I did land a job at the local hospital doing case management assistant. I wasn’t working full-time, but I was working more for a good month and half. I had to work more, so I could train. So, I think that is what halted my progress this month. Healthcare can be a demanding job. That is what I went to school for, and it is my nature: helping people, and to keep on going and going. The nd realizes this, and that is one of our goals, to improve this area. Focus on myself, and my health, too!

Now, I am fully trained, and I am back to what I was hired: every other weekend, and as needed during the week, prn status. It is nice to get out of the house and do something, but I just have to watch how I am feeling. Morning and night-time can still get to me, if I have spells.

So, hopefully, my mood will improve a little this month. I did stop my Zoloft because I felt like I didn’t need it anymore. I do like taking this supplement: relora, if anyone knows of it. Helps with cravings sometimes and calms me down. I guess stopping Zoloft is a good sign, too.

Like the nd said, I am just going through some transitions, and some of the remedies he is doing for me; it won’t be overnight, but subtle changes. I just wish digestion would clear up faster, as I am sure all you can relate.

However, I do have a few questions from you guys here:

1. Fungals/Probiotics
    – Been alternating between phytostan (not recommended here, but my nd approves) and sf722
    – I like the phytostan a lot, especially if I have a buildup of gas and feel constipated. There must be another ingredient in there that helps me.
    – I feel though that I am ready to move on from that, and try to take more of just the sf722 and probiotics only.
    – One problem with sf722, it makes me constipated. Anyone else experience that? I do feel taking the sf722/probiotic right together helps a little before a meal.
    – Probiotic I have trying: nd recommends hmf forte for me, but he knows I have hmf neuro, too. So, every day, I have been determining what is best for me now: just hmf capsules, forte, or neuro.
    – HMF neuo is great, but I notice l-glutamine can make me feel constipated at times, too. I know I need l-glutamine, like the nd recommends for leaky gut, but I feel I only need it at times. Probably do need it all the time???
    – Any advice in this area? I have thought about upping my magnesium (relaxes my muscles, and taking more vitamin C, which I have not been doing!)
    – Any other suggestions? I know sometimes I might not go because I still have not ate enough, due to gastroparesis, but feel like I have to go because of no colon, gurr!

2. Liver support
    – I am wondering if sometimes I feel like I have to let out gas, or go the bathroom; I can’t because my liver/gallbladder is still a little sluggish.
    – I told the nd that I felt like I need extra support sometimes for food when I ate. He did say zypan or betafood are good supplements depending on the type of meal I eat.

3. Blood sugar
    – Is their a supplement that helps regular blood sugar more? I think I can get a little shaky sometimes from trying to watch my sugar intake.

So, in reality, I don’t think things have been horrible, horrible, just got to rebuild my energy again this month, and prioritize triggers in my diet/supplements. Give me suggestions forum members? More digestion tips, ways to help detoxing and reduce die-off more, etc. I really appreciate it! I think that is it for now. Thanks! Oh yes, can someone pm or send me a list of great anti-inflammatory foods; I think I need to evaluate to heal gut more.

kjones02
    Participant

Does no one have anything to say? I was just wondering about those few questions.

About other people’s sf722 reactions (do you take this on a empty stomach or with a meal, my nd said meal, but I think sometimes taking it on empty stomach helps, other times with meal, weird! make you feel constipated?), any other type of supports.

The past few days I have increased vitamin C, taking bitters and hcl at meal times only, and that seems to help. Hope to hear from you all soon!

raster
    Participant

To help cure your blood sugar woes, I would try to snack more often. I would snack first thing after you wake up, eat breakfast, eat a snack one hour later, eat lunch, eat 2 snacks before dinner, eat dinner, eat 2 snacks before bed. Celery is a good one to help treat your blood sugar. Dr. Mcoombs developed a blood sugar protocol if you want me to send you a link, it basically involves eating more often and not as heavy meals.

The phytostan is likely working well on your digestion because its stronger. If you were increase your sf722 doseage to like 3-5 per meal, you would notice that it would have the same effect. I don’t think you are up to this doseage yet, so I would tread carefully in this regards (more means more die-off).

AF betafood and zypan works really well for me reducing gas. It also costs more money, so you gotta work with your budget.

If you get constipated, my only suggestion really is to take more antifungals such as chamomile tea. I would consult bernie about this though before trying it out.

HMF forte contains more prebiotics vs. hmf neuro. HMF neuro contains more probiotics. HMF neuro is the better product as far as probiotics go (it contains more), and if you ate more prebiotic foods then you could get rid of forte.

Hope this helps.

-raster

kjones02
    Participant

Thanks raster. That does help! I talked with bernie last week. I thought I was going to get my supplements today, but didn’t. I know bernie wants to focus on immune system right now, too.

I did order zypan, and should get in a couple days. Bernie told me last time he recommends zypan and betafood to people b/c I had a question about my enzymes. we are working on things, just slowly. And, yes, I am not to that dosage of sf722 yet. I have been alternating b/w the 2. This month monitoring very closely to give bernie a detailed report next month. Maybe I should go ahead and order betafood, too. I felt good yesterday, not as hot today, tried to increase fungals, and I always feel better when I go to the bathroom twice a day.

kjones02
    Participant

Good morning everyone! It has been such a long time since I have updated on this forum, but I have kept reading the posts daily. It has been a crazy month for me with the holidays. Usually, at Christmas time, I work on my crafts. I personalize and customize ornaments, glasses, plates, shot glasses, and coffee mugs for people. Then, I go to local craft fairs and sell my products. My business has def. grown over the past few years, as people are getting to know my name, plus, my website has helped a lot. I didn’t do too bad with diet; however, I was lacking on sleep trying to keep up, running around, trying to work part-time, and what did it was consuming caffeine a little too much. Caffeine = draining out my adrenals. I still did good of not consuming caffeine as much as I did back in the day, but I still needed it at times.

Other things I have been doing and updates:
    1. I did a little parasite cleanse, which I think did help clear out some bad bugs.

2. Also, trying to do more of an elimination diet again to pin-point trigger foods; I think the extra caffeine during this time and draining out the adrenals did cause me to get more of a leaky gut again. I started supplementing with l-glutamine powder in every morning again to restore this. Plus, I think that it is amazing that I seem to tolerate quinoa, millet, brown rice on occasion flours the best. I have went back to buckwheat off and on several times this past year, and I have found I just really need to avoid it. It is hard on my stomach. Every once in awhile I can through some coconut or almond flour in there, but probably should keep it to small amounts. I still got my gastroparesis to keep in check.

3. I did start last week with sf722 again. I had been just taking one in the morning, that’s it. It finally really hit me yesterday, and then this morning, got the bowels rumbling; increased to 2. The l-glutamine I think is calming that down right now. I have to take it easy again today. However, my problem is that I can never get it out sometimes, it almost has to be softened, like diarrhea to come out, but then that can be too much on my system. L-glutamine = calming, but need softener to come out; all confusing!

4. I have tried to take probiotics again off and on; just hmf capsules; sometimes, I feel it helps, but other times, I still feel probiotics are not for me. This has been a constant battle all year on this.

5. I have tried to focus on my mood a lot this past month, which I know affects my gut. If I am calm and relaxed, my gut is a little more in check. Last time I talked with Bernie (in November, because of finances, and the holidays, we postponed until this month – need to make an appt.), he put me on various supplements to assist with that. I really think that helped me survive the craziness sometimes. I was and still taking some of these things, 5htp, homepathetic remedy, stabilium 200, and serotonin liquescence. However, the downside, I think some of these things can make me tired at times.

6. Different supplements to assist with digestion: can’t live without taking hcl at every meal; 1 zypan and then my similase sensitive stomach, af betafood helps also.

7. Currently, I am thinking about New Year Resolutions, monitoring my pH very closely again, and then reading, trying to stay as calm as possible, and finances to keep this battle going. I am so worried about all my debt, but I want to heal to feel the best I can each day. I know it will never be perfect with no colon and gastroparesis, but I think that I am able to make it through my days 5x better than last year of not being as gassy and bloated like I used to be by doing the right things for my body.

well, there are some things that I have been doing. I have lost a little weight again, but not much. Things come and go. If anybody wants to chime in they can, tips, extra ways to earn money or save money. (One reason I do my crafts, enjoy doing it, plus it does give me a little extra money; only really at Christmas time though.) I want to keep on talking to Bernie, but I didn’t realize there is a new alternative doctor here locally in my area that one of my co-workers was talking about. I wish I lived closer to actually talk to Bernie, instead of over the phone. Thanks everyone, and I’ll just keep reading different things on here, but don’t take offense that I don’t post that often anymore. I know there is a plan for me; it is just frustrating some days that it is taking so long.

One last final note, I know the thing that holds me back is drinking alcohol. I don’t do it, like I did in college, after about 2-3 months of not having a drink, then I am like, I need one!!! Then, I can go all out, plenty of wineries where we live, and my friends like to go. I don’t fall as hard as I used to with it; amazingly, the next day (nux vomica helps!). However, I know it benefits the yeast.

runmillerun
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 18

To help cure your blood sugar woes, I would try to snack more often. I would snack first thing after you wake up, eat breakfast, eat a snack one hour later, eat lunch, eat 2 snacks before dinner, eat dinner, eat 2 snacks before bed. Celery is a good one to help treat your blood sugar. Dr. Mcoombs developed a blood sugar protocol if you want me to send you a link, it basically involves eating more often and not as heavy meals.

phytostan is likely working well on your digestion because its stronger. If you were increase your sf722 doseage to like 3-5 per meal

AF betafood and zypan works really well for me reducing gas. It also costs more money, so you gotta work with your budget.

HMF forte contains more prebiotics vs. hmf neuro. HMF neuro contains more probiotics. HMF neuro is the better product as far as probiotics go (it contains more), and if you ate more prebiotic foods then you could get rid of forte.

Raster, you appear to know a great deal about all these things to take. can you please take just a few mins. to suggest what I should take. I have never heard of sf722, or HMF etc. etc. Can you break it down into categories of what I should take. Today I went to the store and bought another antifungal– olive leaf extract. I am mixing them up… I took black walnut for 30 days along with a ton of other things. I am past the die off stage and in about 25 days with tiny cheating– a bite or something each day but DRASTICALLY have changed my diet. Only the suggested grains, a little meat, a lot of greens–vaired. But I am feeling night and day better than I was the last year. I am a 19 year suffer of candida but I just want to know what I should take. I hate bouncing around. I have cheap l glutamine and glutithione– it has to be the expensive kind eh? Are all the probiotics at whole foods crap?? So I am getting that taking supplements that meet the categories below is important for recovery and I am taking something in each category and mulitiple of some. But I think I need a list form so I can get all that I read straight.. HMF this, metagenics this, s7227 that? It becomes overwhelming. Thanks for your tips on hitting the sauna and going slow through this process. If you can tell me the best few for each of these categories I would be thankful and happy.

antifungals—

Probiotic—

digestion—

detoxification—

kjones02
    Participant

Raster, you appear to know a great deal about all these things to take. can you please take just a few mins. to suggest what I should take. I have never heard of sf722, or HMF etc. etc. Can you break it down into categories of what I should take. Today I went to the store and bought another antifungal– olive leaf extract. I am mixing them up… I took black walnut for 30 days along with a ton of other things. I am past the die off stage and in about 25 days with tiny cheating– a bite or something each day but DRASTICALLY have changed my diet. Only the suggested grains, a little meat, a lot of greens–vaired. But I am feeling night and day better than I was the last year. I am a 19 year suffer of candida but I just want to know what I should take. I hate bouncing around. I have cheap l glutamine and glutithione– it has to be the expensive kind eh? Are all the probiotics at whole foods crap?? So I am getting that taking supplements that meet the categories below is important for recovery and I am taking something in each category and mulitiple of some. But I think I need a list form so I can get all that I read straight.. HMF this, metagenics this, s7227 that? It becomes overwhelming. Thanks for your tips on hitting the sauna and going slow through this process. If you can tell me the best few for each of these categories I would be thankful and happy.

antifungals— http://www.iherb.com/Thorne-Research-Formula-SF722-250-Gelcaps/18560#p=1&oos=1&disc=0&lc=en-US&w=sf722&rc=1&sr=null&ic=1
    http://www.naturalhealthyconcepts.com/phytostan-IT90-p-nf-formulas.html

Probiotic— http://www.rockwellnutrition.com/genestra-supplements-hmf-neuro-capsules-60-vcaps-no-fos.html

digestion— this is the supplements I take off and on: http://www.amazon.com/Integrative-Therapeutics-Similase-Sensitive-Stomach/dp/B001GDGAFE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1388429221&sr=8-2&keywords=similase+sensitive+stomach
    https://www.standardprocess.com/Products/Standard-Process/A-F-Betafood
    https://www.standardprocess.com/Products/Standard-Process/Zypan
    Can check out pro-gest by integrative therapeutics, too; also, betafood, cholacol by standard process

detoxification— I personally try to sweat most the time (tanning, and gives me vitamin D), too. However, molybdenum, vitamin C, and milk thistle are the other things to take.

Just wanted to bump this for you. Not only for me, but for you, but there are some links on information on these supplements, and the information about them. Hope that helps! Raster, can chime in more about issues.

raster
    Participant

Kjones has got it down pretty good.

Antifungal: SF722
    Probiotic: HMF Neuro
    Digestion: There are lots out there and depends on your specific problems. If you have gas (farting or burping) then I recommend zypan or HCL. If you think your galbladder has slug, then I recommend AF betafood. If you think you are deficient in digestive enzymes, then I recommend pro-gest or bitters. If you have leaky gut and inflammation of mucousal membrane, I recommend L-glutamine and fermented cod liver oil. Okra pepsin is good for those who are not constipated.
    Detox: I recommend liver cleansing herbs such as what can be found in super milk thistle X. Vitamin C is great for detoxing. Acupuncture is great for detoxing. Water is important for detoxing.

-raster

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Update:kjones’ is closed to new replies.