Update of my first week.

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Update of my first week.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Determined
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 15

Finished Week 1.

So I finished my first week of the cleanse. I had originally planned on stopping the cleanse at this point and moving to the strict diet, but since pay day comes every two weeks, I figured I may as well push through and go the whole 14 days with the cleanse. I figured it couldn’t hurt.

Here’s the rundown of how it’s been going so far:

Day 1: Morning. This was the first day in many years I didn’t have my morning coffee and it was surprisingly not so bad. I mixed up my detox drink with psyllium husk powder and bentonite clay. Holy crap was that thing thick! I only had the psyllium husk powder and didn’t realize it expanded 50 times it’s size. Being the consistency of oatmeal, I literally gagged it down, dry-heaving the entire time. I’m thinking to myself, I have to do this how many more times? Almost immediately after, I had a bm, which was no doubt pushing out all of the crappy food I ate the day before. Fresh start. That’s good, I guess. I drank more water.

I continued to drink water.

Around noon I made myself a salad with lettuce, zucchini slices, spinach, avocado, and olive oil and lemon and garlic dressing. It was satisfying. I wasn’t that hungry, but really not all that surprising due to the fact I usually don’t even eat anything substantial until around 4pm. I also had water.

Kept drinking water. So far I was feeling a little more fatigued, but that didn’t seem unusual for me. I’m always fatigued.

4pm. Time for the next detox drink. How am I going to do this? I mixed up the bentonite clay in a tall glass. Had a second glass of water on hand. Forgive me if this is a bad thing to do, but I just put half of the dry psyllium husk powder in my mouth and quickly chugged it down with the liquid (kind of like you would with a pill), then the other half and rinse and repeat. Then follow it up with more water. Sorry, but that is the only way I could do it.

Then more water.

I started planning on what to prepare for dinner, when the headache started. I lay down on the couch to see if it would get better. Had to lay there awhile. The headache kept getting worse. I realized at that point I’d forgotten to take the milk thistle I had. I took 400mg at that point. Headache continued. I decided to go lay down in my bed. Halfway to my room I had to make a pit stop to the bathroom for a projectile vomit fest. That was fun. I drank more water.

After those festivities, I went to my room and laid down and fell asleep for a couple hours. I got up feeling a little better. Headache wasn’t as bad. I went out and made myself some cauliflower soup. I could barely eat any. I drank more water. Took more milk thistle and went to bed. I was just feeling way too sick to even try to choke down the liver flush drink. Yeah, probably not a good thing, but there was always tomorrow.

Day 2: Started out with a big glass of water. Took some milk thistle. Detox drink (same cheating trick as I did before). Not hungry at all. Ate some leftover soup from the night before. First half of the day okay, just like yesterday.

Second detox drink. Again, start feeling worse. I don’t know what it is with the second half of the day, but that seems to be when the die off symptoms are at their worst. Luckily, no vomiting. Still developed a headache. And to add to that this time it was horrible aches around the hip area.

Drank more water. Had dinner. Green beans, cauliflower and mustard greens. Couldn’t eat much. Still not hungry. Drank water. Took some more milk thistle.

Drank more water. Still no bm this day. Concerned I may have been constipated.

Took a nice long hot Epsom salt bath and felt so good, I realized this needed to be done every night.

Before bed, I remembered to make the liver flush drink. It wasn’t so bad! Actually 100 times better to stomach than the detox drink. I went to bed, but I couldn’t get comfortable with these aches. I tossed and turned all night.

Days 3 – 7: Much the same as the second day, but including a bm, thank goodness. Every day the aches get a little better. Days 4 – 7 no headache at all. Still fatigued, but all in all it’s not been so bad.

I am now starting day 8. The aches in the hip area from the night before is gone this morning. My shoulders (which always felt sore, as from overuse of the joints and muscles) are actually feeling worse when I wake up now. I’m sure the hip aches will start up this afternoon, but last night wasn’t too bad at all. The aches seem to be getting better and better.
    I’m also having regular bm’s. They’re not the greatest. But at least I’m urinating like it’s no tomorrow.

I probably won’t have much more to update until I began the strict diet and antifungals.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Here’s some important posts to check out:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

and

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm11590_Molybdenum-and-Dieoff-Symptoms.aspx#post11590

We don’t recommend the psyllium in the forum because it can cause internal bleeding, constipation that lasts for days, and there isn’t many positive things to say about it.

Keep it up, we have a strict forum foods list if you are interested.

-raster

Determined

raster wrote: Here’s some important posts to check out:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

and

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm11590_Molybdenum-and-Dieoff-Symptoms.aspx#post11590

We don’t recommend the psyllium in the forum because it can cause internal bleeding, constipation that lasts for days, and there isn’t many positive things to say about it.

Keep it up, we have a strict forum foods list if you are interested.

-raster

Thank you for the links and response!

Do you think it would be best to stop with the psyllium powder altogether for now? I really wouldn’t be sad if I did. The only hold back is that payday isn’t until this coming Thursday, so I won’t be able to go out and get anything else.

Would it be a bad thing to just continue with the veggie diet and detox drinks without the fiber until then? I’d hate to think that because I got the wrong fiber to begin with, that I’d need to start over with the cleanse again.

And I am very interested in knowing more about the strict forum foods. Could you please tell me how I could obtain that list?

Thank you so much for your help!

Determined

I just found where it says to pm able for the list. I’ll do that now. 🙂

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Here’s another cleanse you can do instead:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst997_Proper-and-Safe-Cleanse.aspx

Its up to you whether you want to cleanse longer or not. It won’t come close to killing all of the candida and its sorta difficult to function while doing that. You might find that eating a regular anti-candida will bring more benefit.

-raster

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Update of my first week.’ is closed to new replies.