Update from Lucy!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Update from Lucy!

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Lucylu 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Hi all! I haven’t been posting much recently as I’ve had a mad house for the last 3 weeks… but I’ve been logging on every few days to have a quick look at you all! It’s great to see the progress of familiar names and also the new members who’ve found this invaluable forum.

Just a quick update from me – I still have the remnants of the Guttate Psoriasis but just faded scarring at this stage. I think it would have healed faster if I’d plastered on the steroid cream (as advised by the doc!) but have chosen to use it sparingly and continue the sauna/ hot bath/ detox herbs route. Just yesterady though I got sick of the slow progress (those who know me will know my impatience!) and went for a sunbed, then a 1 hour sauna, then scrubbed with Psoriasis shower scrub then used steroid cream going to bed. It’s a lot paler this morning. I’ll do the same twice more this week and try to get rid of it once and for all.

I had reduced/ stopped all my supplements & antifungals (except probiotic, kefir, cooked garlic & coconut oil) over Christmas as the rash wasn’t improving so I decided to start from scratch with the diet & supplements and gradually re-introduce 1 by one. This I’ve done, though I’m still eating the very basics. I’m now back on Caprylic acid, oil of oregano and all the vits & minerals and also the detox stuff (dandelion, urva ursi, milk thistle) that I was on before. I had 1 little flare up of symptoms last week (hot itchy rash on my back, hands a bit dry, congested nose) but nothing I couldn’t deal with. I’m on regular Molybdenum which must be helping with the die off I’m sure. I’d been very busy so hadn’t managed the sauna for over a week and that’s when it flared up… it’s great to be able to see the cause & effect now because I’m doing everything in a more controlled & focussed way.

Overall I feel great. Can I just re-affirm how important it is for people to take a whole load of the vitamins & minerals that are suggested on this forum? I know that when I pulled right back on them my energy levels dropped, I became pale, my skin & hair was dull… and now I’m glowing again! I have lost even more weight though with pulling back on the diet but I’m getting enough to feel energetic and to look healthy so that’s fine.

I look forward to getting back in touch with this forum over the coming days – kids are back to school tomorrow so I’ll be back into my routine again thankfully!

Regards to all.

Lucy
    x

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Hi Lucy,
    happy new year. I am very happy that you feel good. But mostly I enjoy that you listen to your own body and find your own path. Follow it an you will find healing.
    Everyone has a different body and some manage to do it quickly and other need a soft and longer healing. I think one of the important lesson is that we have internal ears and eyes and can see what is right or wrong for us.

yours
    Thomas

kirstyk4
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 125

Lucy,

I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering what you have been up to lately. I noticed we hadn’t heard from you in a few days and hoped all was well.

Glad to hear your rash is nearly gone! I’m sure life will feel a little less stressful once you no longer have to worry about that anymore!

Kirsty

Lucylu

Thanks Thomas – yes, I fully agree… when we learn to listen to our own bodies, miracles can happen. Also for me its about feeling in control, which I didn’t for a while there. I was taking all of this stuff and trying anything I read about or was recommended and was having mixed signals and symptoms and I was really confused and unfocussed. Being the control freak I am, I now enjoy being back in the driving seat!

Kirsty – thanks for your thoughts. And yes, it was a viscious circle with the rash… with each flare up it would stress me more which wouldn’t help matters at all. I actually mentally “took control” over the rash and gave it a good talking to one day last week! Told it that it had served it’s purpose and thanked it for playing a role in my recovery and that it could now go!! Not sure it did anything physically but it felt great to say it!

Lx

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Lucylu wrote: Hi all! I haven’t been posting much recently as I’ve had a mad house for the last 3 weeks…

Hey, Lucy – man, it’s great to hear from you again, and good to see you’re doing so well.
    So, why has your house been so mad at you?

You made me laugh at the “talking to” you gave your rash; but it actually makes perfect sense (believe it or not); such is the body and mind.

Take care, Lucy, and please check in with us once or twice a week if possible so we don’t get so darn concerned about you, k?

Way to go on busting the chops of that rash.
    Able

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

Lucy,
    So glad to hear your doing so well. I’m proud of you for taking a few steps backwards and starting over…that shows strength. Some would quit and walk away. I’m glad to hear from you as well. I do check in daily and read everyones post and am learning from others. I know I was just sick to read what happened to you after the glass of wine. And relieved to hear it was something different than the Candida. Your experience has made me pay so much more attention to my body and how it acts and reacts to what I’m eating and doing. I’m so thankful for your honest post that help the rest of us learn and understand.

Gotta run…got a big bowl of cabbage waiting for me for lunch 🙂

Enjoy your success…I love how you see yourself looking so healthy and know the difference 🙂

Jackie

Lucylu

Able900 wrote:

So, why has your house been so mad at you?

Haha Able!!! That was lost in translation across the atlantic I guess! Ok, so I had a “crazy house”… that better?!! Over here the kids get nearly 3 weeks off school/ pre-school for Christmas and hubby got a full 2 weeks (that in addition to his 2 weeks in the summer! I think we do far better for vacation over here? I’n not complaining, but it’s such a relief to get them all shipped out this morning, lunchboxes in hand while I sit down at the pc in a silent house! Even the baby is obliging and it still asleep at nearly 9am which is great!

Jackie – Hope you enjoyed your cabbage! I actually look forward to me veggie “gunk” for lunch… really tasty mulch of any veggies I can find in the fridge just blended up like a really thick soup. The baby loves it too and is nearly as healthy as me at this stage! Hubby complained of a smell of garlic off him yesterday tho! Funny. Thanks for your positive thoughts about my attitude – kinda proud of myself at this stage too! I got a bit low for a while when I thought it was beating me and definitely feel back in control now.

I actually did a few hours of really solid concentrated work yesterday. I’m a distance tutor for a Marketing College and thankfully things had been slow before Christmas so I didn’t have to do much. It has kicked in now and rather than feeling overwhelmed and fuzzy headed, yesterday my head was clear & focussed and I actually started buzzing about a new idea I have for a course and have decided to email the college head this week with a proposal… that’s HUGE progress for me and the latter part of the year last year I shrank from any new idea or proposal and hid in the bushes to avoid extra work as I just couldn’t cope with even the small amount I had to do.

Now… if I could just get my kids to sleep better at night!! Last night the baby woke 3 times (that’s not bad for him though!), the toddler woke 4 times with a bad cough, the middle fella woke screaming with a nightmare at 4am and I couldn’t get the teen to bed til nearly midnight cos she was all excited & nervous about going back to school today!!! Ahhhhh! Hubby heading off to Dusseldorf on business today for the week so I hope the sleeps improve or Mummy will be hitting the bottle Friday night Candida or no Candida!!

Lx

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Lucylu wrote: Haha Able!!! That was lost in translation across the atlantic I guess! Ok, so I had a “crazy house”… that better?

Hello there, Lucy.

You gave me a laugh in return through the translation ‘across the Atlantic’ when you typed a, ‘really tasty mulch of any veggies.’ I guess you know that the only thing Americans refer to as ‘mulch’ is a bunch of small pieces of sticks, grass, and often rotten, decayed food. There’s a picture below if you weren’t aware of this. We use it as fertilizer around bushes, flowers, and in our vegetable gardens. Nice taste huh?

Quote: “rather than feeling overwhelmed and fuzzy headed, yesterday my head was clear & focussed and I actually started buzzing about a new idea”

Thanks, Lucy, for another example of positive feedback from the body when things are improving, and this is a perfect one.

Thank you again for you input on the forum, we all enjoy your updates and other information.

Able

Lucylu

Haha… we should publish an american/ Irish dictionary… complete with colour pictures… we’d make a fortune! Actually, just had my mulch and it didn’t look a bit like your picture… more like murky swamp water with rotting vegetation… got a picture for that, smarty pants?!!!!

As you can see I’ve been online quite a bit today! Enjoying being back in the loop. I hope my experiences can help the newbies a little.

Have been meaning to tell you – my status had changed to “candida expert” – what the heck?! I presume it’s based on number of posts rather than actual qualifications… and with my level of posting my status should read something like “Able stalker” instead!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Update from Lucy!’ is closed to new replies.