Unsweetened Carob powder & Chips

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Unsweetened Carob powder & Chips

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Junebug
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 2

Anyone have answer to the use of unsweetened carob powder or chips?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I have a feeling its about as healthy as eating potatoes which are not on the diet.

-raster

Junebug
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 2

How are carob and potatoes relative to each other

raster
    Participant

I take back what I said; I thought potatoes were high in the glycemic index but they are not. Potatoes are way more healthier than carob than I originally thought and are low in sugar.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2554/2

Carob is highly inflammatory and high in the glycemic index:

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/legumes-and-legume-products/4324/2

And contains a ton of sugar.

-raster

Kris8
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 15

i think there is more to carob than you are seeing. I have always thought of carob powder as healthy. Its been used for thousands of years. It is extremely high in fiber and minerals. It helps with diarrhea and constpation and is alkaline. Its sugars are natural and in an unprocessed state and due to its high fiber content are released slowly into the body. Nutritiondata is a good resource but it is limiting as it doesnt acknowledge any healing properties. all whole foods have healing properties. Youre only going to eat maybe 1/2 tbs -1 tbs of carob vs. a whole potato. The data on the link is for a whole cup of carob and no one will consume that much. Personally i am avoiding all sugars on the candida diet but i have done no research as to carob being bad or good specifically for candida people. Once im cured i will eat it again. I bake with it -about 1/4 cup per bread or cake and i add no additional sugars. Id like to know more about its inflammatory properties and if they differ in raw vs roasted carob powder. Also some brands have better quality carob.

raster
    Participant

Sounds like you are trying to find tasty treats, but there are few on the diet. I would save carob for stage 3 or the end of your treatment. A tiny bit in your oat bran, etc. won’t set you back much but its not all that different than eating cocoa or coco powder.

-raster

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Unsweetened Carob powder & Chips’ is closed to new replies.