Unsure of whether I have Candida but suspicious…

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Unsure of whether I have Candida but suspicious…

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  DanRead 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

DanRead
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 5

Hi all

I just thought I might weigh in here with my experience. To be fair, for some time now (years in fact) I have suffered from a variety of symptoms that appear to be associated with Candida, yet given the number of “cures” I have investigated I remain a little sceptical. Basically I have a number of symptoms, including fatigue, depression, a discoloured tongue (white) and swollen, red eyelids with visible capillaries underneath. My left eye is so afflicted by this that it sometimes appears as if I have been assaulted. In some instances I have felt so awkward over this I have taken to wearing sunglasses indoors.

I have been on the diet for almost two weeks, and to be honest I feel amazing. I have more energy, I don’t feel too depressed, and my emotional state has certainly improved. However, my physical symptoms appear to remain constant, and it’s this link with candida and eye puffiness/swelling that I am most interested in, considering it is this symptom that bothers me more than any other – aside from depression.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Dan
    UK

Hope
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 187

It’s pretty amazing that you feel so terrific so soon! Really, it takes most people a few more than that to really notice much. So, that’s a lot to be glad for. If I were you, I’d be more convinced (not less) that your issues are candida related if you’ve seen an improvement on the diet. If your symptoms have been hanging on for years, you may need to stay in Stage 1 longer than the 3 weeks recommended. I didn’t really feel a tremendous change until week 6, for instance.

If you’d like to know about your tongue for certain, you could always have a doctor’s office culture it for you. They’d be able to tell you if it’s thrush. If it is, then you have yet another symptom that’s directly connected to candida without a doubt.

Seems like the diet can only do you good at this point! And this is a great place for support & info 🙂

DanRead
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 5

Hi

Thanks for responding. So it’s certainly a good sign that I feel so well after a short period on the diet? Sometimes I wonder if it’s simply a placebo, but that being said it really is such a marked improvement that there must be something to it. So eye issues are definitely linked to Candida then? I’m afraid I have little faith in my current doctor’s ability to diagnose me, as they have led me down a few dead ends in the past and tend to just whip out the anti-depressants or eye drops without much consultation. As it says on the site, a lot of Candida sufferers appear to end up diagnosing themselves, and I appear to be one of them.

That being said, some years ago a doctor did diagnose me with having some kind of mould growth on my tongue, and he gave me some medication for that but it was purely to remove the growth locally. I imagine if he had investigated a little more there would have been more to it, but hey.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Unsure of whether I have Candida but suspicious…’ is closed to new replies.