Unsure-ities :)

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Unsure-ities :)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 8 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Dani
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

I have a few questions, hoping someone who is positive about the answers can help me out… first question is, are cinnamon and edemame beans considered exeptable? (not together of course, harhar..)
    The other question is, is coconut flour okay for any phase of the candida diet or just the last? I’m not actually following this pages recommended 3 phases, I’m just doing a candida cleanse and more using the page as a reference for information…but I saw some recipes that look great that use coconut flour and would love to try them but don’t want to compromise my cleanse… thanks guys! appreciate the help!
    ~Dani

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hi, Dani. Welcome to the forum.

Wow, what a good question about the beans. The first thing I wondered was, how long have you been in phase 1 of the diet? Personally, I can’t see why a small portion of the beans wouldn’t be ok, nevertheless this should definitely be a ‘test’ food. If I wanted to try them, I’d have a very small portion and wait about a week to see if you’re going to have any reactions to it. If not, I’d still have them maybe only once or twice a week in small portions, but that’s just me, use your own judgment combined with how you feel after trying them.

The coconut flour I started a month or so into the diet. Even at this time I still do not eat simple carbs at all and very few complex carbs – or red meat, and this is after over six months of starting phase 1 diligently – and I plan to stay where I am. So for quite some time now I’ve eaten baked foods made with coconut flour on a daily basis. I think you’ll be pleased, and satisfied, with everything you make with the coconut flour.

Cinnamon contains antifungal properties so it’s fine during phase 1 as well as any other time.

Able

Hope
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 187

Is the red meat restriction because of the antibiotics in regular red meat, Able? I’ve been eating Laura’s ground beef (antibiotic free) and wondered if there was something I was missing.

Dani
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hope wrote: Is the red meat restriction because of the antibiotics in regular red meat, Able? I’ve been eating Laura’s ground beef (antibiotic free) and wondered if there was something I was missing.

I am also wondering about the red meat thing, it says it is allowed under the protein section of ‘foods you can eat’…

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Dani wrote: I am also wondering about the red meat thing, it says it is allowed under the protein section of ‘foods you can eat’…

Hello, Hope and Dani.

Dani, if you’ll notice, I didn’t state that red meat wasn’t allowed, I simply stated that it was one of the foods that I’ve chosen not to eat. There are many food items on some of the ‘allowed’ list that I do not eat, in fact, I’ve pretty much ignored all lists since shortly after I started my diet.

The fact that I do not eat red meat probably stems from several years ago when I experimented with not eating it for a few years. During that time I continued to eat chicken and fish, like I am now, only difference being that I eat organic chicken now. Anyway, when I started the Candida diet, I began noticing what seemed like odd Candida-like symptoms an hour or so after I would eat red meat. Then I remembered how ‘clean’ and healthy I felt during the time that I wasn’t eating it and how disgusting it seemed to me when I would see someone else eating it. So I just thought I’d try going without it again and eat just organic chicken and fish. Well I’ve been doing this for several months, and I just feel like this is the right thing for me. I think maybe whether to eat red meat or not, on the Candida diet or any other time, is probably about personal opinions, preferences, and need.

Years back, after I stopped eating red meat, I was curious about where humans fit into the whole picture when looking at both carnivores and herbivores. Below are a few things I found (think about where humans fit in as you’re reading).

Carnivores have long sharp claws, often used for killing a prey of tearing apart a piece of meat, herbivores do not.

Carnivores do not have skin pores but rather they perspire through their tongue, herbivores perspire through skin pores.

Carnivores have very sharp front teeth they use for tearing the meat apart and have no flat molar teeth for grinding. Herbivores do not have sharp front teeth, but they have flat molars in the back they use for grinding.

The jaw hinge of a carnivore opens very wide, making it possible to literally gulp big pieces of meat, and they have a sideways movement of their jaw and teeth.
    But a herbivore’s jaw joint is above the plane of the teeth, and somewhat less stable than the carnivore’s hinge-type joint, but it allows for jaw motions that are necessary for chewing and grinding grains and the fiber of plants, and it also lets the upper and lower jaw teeth come together evenly forming a grinding surface.

Carnivores have an intestinal tract that’s only 3 times their body length; this allows decaying meat to pass through quickly, whereas herbivores have an intestinal tract ranging from 10 to 12 times their body length.

I’m sure you know that hydrochloric acid is the digestive juice that’s responsible for breaking down the proteins in meat, etc. Carnivores have an abundance of hydrochloric acid in their stomach, but, on average, the stomach acid of herbivores is around 20 times weaker than a carnivore’s (many humans have to take a supplement of HCI to improve their digestion).

Carnivores do not have salivary glands in their mouth which would make it possible to pre-digest vegetables, fruits, and grains. Herbivores have very well-developed salivary glands.

Carnivores have very acidic saliva without the enzyme that’s needed to pre-digest grains; however, herbivores have the opposite, an alkaline saliva with the enzyme.

In every one of those examples, humans fit the description of a herbivore.
    Sorry, hope that didn’t bore you two to sleep.

Hey by the way, Hope, how are you feeling? I’ve heard my mom and sister both talk about how hard it is to be pregnant in the summer months. How many doses left now? 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Unsure-ities :)’ is closed to new replies.