Unsure if I have candida or not

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Unsure if I have candida or not

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kb1693 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Kb1693
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

20 year old male, I have previous been on 2 courses of anti-biotics, one was lymecycline (1x daily) for I think a month, and the other was erythromycin ( 4x daily) for 2 months. I took erythromycin one day before bed as I always did and the next day, woke up and was incredibly dizzy and nauseous, I also had overwhelming anxiety. This lasted the entire day, for the 6 days after that, I still felt dizzy but not as bad as the morning after I took it last. I then decided to take it again and the same thing happened, proving to me that it was the erythromycin that was causing the problem, but again the first day was the worst then felt dizzy for another 6 days, I didn’t suffer any other side effects really, anyway, after the 6 days I started to develop other symptoms. Firstly I was getting abdomen pains, the pain also went around to my lower back and the bottom of both sides of my ribs, It wasn’t really bad pain, just discomfort and a kind of ache, my abdomen was also swollen a bit, I could tell when I bent over that it was larger than normal and felt it was a bit tender. some days I would have pain others I wouldn’t. Secondly I could no longer eat solid foods as they would give me the pain again. So I just started eating soup which my body tolerated just fine. Then I started getting problems with certain foods as I tried to eat properly, alcohol gave me an anxiety attack, after just 1 glass of wine. Milk gave me an anxiety attack also. Yoghurt gave me the pain back as it was working its way through my abdomen region, bread also did the same. I tried to eat some chicken breast with salad, that gave me very dark brown diarrhoea. I noticed I was getting a yellow coating on my tongue, I’v never had this before. and finally, No matter how much water I drink my urine never goes the translucent with just a hint of yellow that it used to.

I have been to see 2 different doctors now, both don’t seem to know what it is. I researched a bit about candida and realised it caused a lot of my symptoms and plus the fact I had been taking previous courses of anti-biotics, I started taking a probiotic and oregano oil and it made me feel a lot better, not 100% but alleviated some of the symptoms a bit. I Just wanted to know if people thought this was actually candida or something else, if anyone has had related symptoms?

Thanks

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

The timing of your symptoms which followed rounds of antibiotics point towards a Candida overgrowth. Also the symptoms you’ve experienced are those of a Candida infestation.

We have a protocol and diet that the forum members use, if you’re interested let me know.

Able

Kb1693
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Able900;46853 wrote:
    The timing of your symptoms which followed rounds of antibiotics point towards a Candida overgrowth. Also the symptoms you’ve experienced are those of a Candida infestation.

We have a protocol and diet that the forum members use, if you’re interested let me know.

Able

Thanks for the reply, I have been eating only soups mostly the past week so I have been consuming very little carbs and no sugar. This is because when I eat solid food it tends to come out as liquid. So I guess I have been sort of doing a candida diet for the past week already.

I just handed in a stool culture test today. I don’t know how accurate this is or if it even tests for yeast overgrowth, but hopefully something will come up so I can at least have a diagnosis.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Unsure if I have candida or not’ is closed to new replies.